Encapsulation Questions

hogjowl

Idiot™
Jimmy, down under, it's vastly different.

For insurance purposes after water damage, they generally look at 7 years before writing it off as against restore.

Most carpet in rentals are not uncommon to be 15 years old.

AND well worn. :cry:

Due to humidity where I live, including properties locked up with no ventilation, encap/bonnet is a winner.

Never had mold issues with this system here.

:yoda:
Our carpet here in the states is generally garbage. I'd love to know the differences in yours and ours.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Our carpet here in the states is generally garbage. I'd love to know the differences in yours and ours.

I can't answer that $Marty, but when I got my first 'Mex; in 2005, I was asked to do a demo on direct stick carpet for a large accounting firm.

The people that recommended me were carpet layers that were asked to quote on replacing the carpet on the entire eleventh floor of this building.

The carpet, a direct stick, is due to be cleaned again next month when they close for the Christmas break.

This firm was bought out by another large accounting firm, KPMG, who are on the thirteenth level.

I have also been cleaning, (sorry JiMmY, scampooing), these carpets since 2006. :biggrin:

Neither of these carpets have been replaced in that time.

I also do traffic lanes and spot clean every six months.

Whether they need it or not. :winky:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I love scampooing carpets. I've even taken Shorty's advice over on the ES board despite having to flip my computer to read his posts.

I like doing HWE too, because sometimes you need to flush some toilets. Guess what? I use a porty!!!

Yes!!!

But if I had the customer flow for a TM, I'd get one. Oh, I'd get some nice things too. That would be a nice change. Meanwhile I just plug along with the elves, doing the best we can with what we have.

And the customers seem to like it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh my word!

Not extracting a carpet after 9 years of scampooing..................criminal.

Reactions: Shorty

rick imby

Name
Rick
As usual Jimmy, you didn't seem to read Shortie's post.
He has been Skampooing carpet for 9 years that was going to be replaced 9 years ago,
BEFORE he started cleaning it with his Cimex.

So Jimmy will there be any dirt in the backing of this carpet? Will your HWE pull the dirt out of the backing?

If you were to HWE this carpet and not get the dirt out of the backing would you just be appearance cleaning with HWE? Now You are the Criminal!!!

If you were to HWE this carpet do you think it might Wick up some spots?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shorty

rick imby

Name
Rick
I can pretty much guaranty one thing about carpet in Australia.

It is a lot more expensive than in the US.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
As usual Jimmy, you didn't seem to read Shortie's post.
He has been Skampooing carpet for 9 years that was going to be replaced 9 years ago,
BEFORE he started cleaning it with his Cimex.

So Jimmy will there be any dirt in the backing of this carpet? Will your HWE pull the dirt out of the backing?

If you were to HWE this carpet and not get the dirt out of the backing would you just be appearance cleaning with HWE? Now You are the Criminal!!!

If you were to HWE this carpet do you think it might Wick up some spots?

THANK YOU RICK.

If I can ask one question, that would be:

How has this carpet been cleaned for the previous number of years BEFORE I started encapping it??

Answer is, via extraction, that is the only way they knew how.

Complaints were numerous regarding wet carpet next day with several people slipping, stink from damp carpet, condensation on all windows.

This particular building has been lucky in that the carpet is vacuumed daily by a reputable cleaning contractor that is particular.

Sorry to have to say this, but I received a phone call today asking me to pick the keys up again just prior to Christmas and do the whole lot all over again.

SDC10253.jpg

Both levels. $$$$$$$$ :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
No doubt someone was using a portable or heaven forbid some sort of rug doctor. : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom