Encapsulation Questions

Mikey P

Administrator
product more important than tools?

hmmm...

Don't you need "tools" to apply and agitate or extract these products?

I don't mean or want to pick on you Steve but what do you have on board your work truck?

steve_64

I carry a vacuum and my bane.
I have one wand a stair tool and an upholstery tool.

I have many other tools but I dont keep them onboard since they rarely get used.

I scrub with my wand for now.lol

Yes some tools make the job easier but I can still accomplish the task at hand.

Sometimes a white towel is my best tool.

steve_64

20151101_163703.jpg

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
You don't need to carry it all.

I'm still deciding if I want to keep my OP or my 175 on the Transit. No room for both

Hey Mike,
Your orbital will hugely outperform your rotary. 1725 smaller than a dime oscillations, compared to 175 large rotations, produces superior agitation to the the carpet pile. There's no comparison at all! Holding onto the orbital machine would be my choice. If you'd like some ideas on how to maximize your orbital I'd be happy to walk you through it. Give me a call if you'd like.

steve_64

Havent had a redo in ages and I clean disgusting rentals. Havent really advertised in years.

I out clean the big truck guys often.

Life is good.

steve_64

When ive seen dark spots on backing its usually from spills or tracking leaving residues. I agree encapping helps with those spots from wicking.
But getting the product to the spots with issues to loosen up and suspend the soils for easier removal is the best option. It prevents odors and resoiling too.
I think thats why post encapping is so popular. They compliment each other.

Reactions: dgardner

Mikey P

Administrator
Havent had a redo in ages and I clean disgusting rentals. Havent really advertised in years.

I out clean the big truck guys often.

Life is good.

Couple questions

What PSI do you typically run so as not to over flow the Bain vacuum system?
Whats your silver bullet prespay?
and what rinse do you use when you run high pH presprays?

steve_64

encapman post: 4396843 said:
Hey Mike,
Your orbital will hugely outperform your rotary. 1725 smaller than a dime oscillations, compared to 175 large rotations, produces superior agitation to the the carpet pile. There's no comparison at all! Holding onto the orbital machine would be my choice. If you'd like some ideas on how to maximize your orbital I'd be happy to walk you through it. Give me a call if you'd like.
But he cant get in his rig. Lol
Just messing with ya mike.

steve_64

Ive been using cleanfree as my rinse mixed lightly.
I use several presprays depending on the job. Prozyme plus and osr is my most used. The nasties get extreme clean and osr with more osr.

My pressure is maxed out. Its about 150 psi till I trigger then it drops a lot. I havent had a working gage in years.

Dry times are my biggest issues. And I clean up floods too. The vac system has never been over flowed lol its just weak. Lots of extra dry passes.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Mike,

How about attaching a rope/kayak handle between the two magnets?

10183828.jpg

steve_64

In indy a saw the rx20 pulling fibers from that rug. Granted it was run over the same spot for an hour. I saw spots get presprayed over and over only to just lighten them.

I just kept thinking I wouldve had that rug cleaned in 15 minutes with my bane.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The only time I've seen carpet with soil that has filtered thru to the backing has been 40 year old carpet that was torn up.

Most carpet is replaced 5-10 years

Reactions: steve_64

rick imby

Name
Rick
So I miss spoke, I guess i am on a carpet repair/install board-- it appears you guys do a lot of removal and checking for dirt in the carpet.

@Jimmy L if your customers cannot get more than 5 years out of the carpet you clean maybe you need to take some Ircc---or whatever it is called this week--classes.---my attempt at humor---

@steve_64 I don't doubt with your Bane system you can get the carpet clean with just a wand and chemicals light suck and low pressure---but why would you want to work with such limitations. In my experience ---admittedly very limited---the really dirty carpet being cleaned always makes the customer happier because of lowered expectations. And good chemicals, knowledge and technique will go a long ways.

And it being so easy to pimp your Bane to decrease dry times, I don't get it. Having been in the business a long time I am certain you are well paid for your work so why not a little investment in productivity?

My main point is I have spent a bit of time pulling carpet out and it is very rare that there is not a huge dirt load on the floor under the carpet and in the backing of the carpet. The dirt pulled up by the vacuum cleaner is usually light weight with lot of surface area.

I have been around a little bit of rug cleaning and the dirt that comes out of a rug that has had hours of vacuuming and HWE will stun you.

Both HWE and VLM
The surface looks clean and is nearly dry when you leave.
The customer is happy and you are paid and happy.
Most of the dirt is still in the carpet when you drive off.

Proper Rug cleaning will educate you about a cleaner cleaned floor covering....

Admit that HWE is appearance cleaning or as a test HWE half a dozen rugs to the best of your ability and then take them and clean them at one of the rug classes.

While you all call VLM interim cleaning, maybe we should consider HWE interim also with 5-10 year replacement cycles. 50 to 100 year old rugs are not uncommon.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Ive seen 20 plus year old carpet pulled that had very little dirt passed through to the pad. Heavy traffic too.

Vacuum vacuum vacuum it works when done properly.

Again there will be a lot of dirt trapped at the bottom of the fiber sitting on the backing. Throw a chunk of that carpet into a Rug tumbler and you will be amazed at how much dirt comes out of the backing and base of the fiber.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
What do you mean a Compound cleaner?

Host and Adsorb

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Adsorb-Dry-Powder_p_697.html

ADSORB Dray Carpet Cleaning Compound is a great dry cleaning powder for VLM "very low moisture" cleaning. Ideal for using in CRB "counter-rotating brush" machines like the BrushEncap machine. It can also be used for extremely low moisture spot cleaning. Safe for most fabrics.
PRE-VACUUM: Vacuum the carpet thoroughly before applying the ADSORB compound to the carpet. A good upright vacuum or a cylindrical brush machine, such as the BrushEncap with Renovator trays, can be used to lift the pile and recover dry soil.
PRE-SPRAY: Pre-spray soiled sections of the carpet with Releasit Encap-Punch mixed at 8-12 oz per gallon - depending on soil conditions. Spray a sufficient amount of Encap-Punch to the section so that it won’t dry before it’s cleaned.
APPLY ADSORB COMPOUND: Liberally sprinkle approximately 1 handful of ADSORB compound to each square yard (or square meter) of dirty carpet. Do not apply to sections larger than 400 square feet at a time, or the ADSORB compound may begin to dry out.
BRUSHING: Begin brushing the carpet as soon the ADSORB has been applied. Using a cylindrical brush machine, such as the BrushEncap, criss-cross over the carpet. Scrub heavily soiled sections more slowly.
COMPOUND RECOVERY: After the ADSORB compound has been thoroughly brushed through the carpet you can use a commercial vacuum, or the BrushEncap machine with Renovator trays, to extract the soil laden cleaning compound.

The most effective method of the 2008 Mikey's Fest Games.

Reactions: rick imby

steve_64

Most carpet being pulled out hasnt been cleaned.

Rugs are different than carpet.

Ive looked between fibers after cleaning. No debris.

Ive had some life struggles but am turning things around again.

Im on the road getting nauseous reading this lol.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I would also only use Absorb if you are using a BrushPro to agitate and remove it with. Otherwise its a pain in the ass to get it vacuumed up at the end. HOST vacuums up just fine with a commercial vac ie: Sanitaire. The few times we've used the Absorb it has always left crap in the carpet that needs another vacuum or 2 to get up.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Most carpet is replaced 5-10 years

Jimmy, down under, it's vastly different.

For insurance purposes after water damage, they generally look at 7 years before writing it off as against restore.

Most carpet in rentals are not uncommon to be 15 years old.

AND well worn. :cry:

Due to humidity where I live, including properties locked up with no ventilation, encap/bonnet is a winner.

Never had mold issues with this system here.

:yoda:

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom