enlighten me.....

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The dudes making a thousand bucks in 4 hours are gonna be the ones sitting on their asses when I'm working a full day making more.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Doug Cox said:
The dudes making a thousand bucks in 4 hours are gonna be the ones sitting on their asses when I'm working a full day making more.

Exactly.......who said that a high end cleaner is one that only cleans big ticket homes...

I promise you that I am making more then the guy who is only doing 1 or 2 jobs...plus....I am getting more exposure...more referrals....a bigger client list...and in the end I think my company is going to be worth more...

Billy

Name
BH
Ruff Hewn said:
i haven't a clue how Billy (or anyone else) can get $85 bukz for a walk-in closet

OK Larry what did I do to you? I was staying out of this one since I am still tending to the battle wounds from recent discussion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Doug Cox said:
we got it done and made 275.00 per hour. 3 hours for 830.00 and that was about 5/8 ths of our total take, with an estimate and a rug pickup also.
Doug Cox said:
Considering your previous statement.
You got us all confused.

Are more statements coming?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Billy said:
Ruff Hewn said:
i haven't a clue how Billy (or anyone else) can get $85 bukz for a walk-in closet

OK Larry what did I do to you? I was staying out of this one since I am still tending to the battle wounds from recent discussion. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The problem is that Larry's clients' closets never walk in.

And if they did, he'd shoot them right up
...or down.
As to the gory details of which caliber and choice of gun....well. ...there lies the problem.

Larry, what's your dead closet disposal fee? eat yor heart out Werner

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim,

There is NOTHING to sell in this biz... -sniff

The O/O ...always works him self into the ground.."sad"
This BIZ is to LOW of an entry point to get started...
It is only worth the price of the equipment..! MAYBE 10% of the last years gross...!

The focus for the O/O..is to NEVER sell the BIZ.. :!:
The focus is to supplement your retirement...!

I LEASE my business to my son on a PERPETUAL basis...Then It is HIS F&C... :idea:

If you don't have a family member interested..?
GROOM a kid to be your SON.... LIKE!
Pay them more than they could ever make on there own as a OWNER....!

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
IMO the middle is the best place to be. Not really the super rich homes and not the really cheapy homes either. Just the typical 3 or 4 br homes with tile and upholstey for us all to do. Those clients tend to appreciate our hard work much more, tend to be the bigger jobs and have kids and pets that resoil the stuff we clean quickly.

The only pro of doing more jobs per day per van would be a larger clientle list to service as well as get you through a flailing economy. That larger list would be more impressive in the eventual sale of your company. That is of you can show each c,Kent uses your services on a consistent basis.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
HARPER said:
Jim,

It is only worth the price of the equipment..! MAYBE 10% of the last years gross...!

I LEASE my business to my son on a PERPETUAL basis...Then It is HIS F&C... :idea:

my retirement is in place...but you made a good point...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Billy said:
Ruff Hewn said:

OK Larry what did I do to you?

LOL!!!...not a thing Billy .
i just happened to notice your mention of 85 cent-o-square pricing ..and many (most??) walk-in closets are in the 70-100sf range

..l.T.A.

mcatt

Name
Mike
HARPER said:
Jim,

I could not disagree more! Build it properly and it can sell for at least $200,000 per van I guarantee. Consistent cleaning client list, automated reminder system, awesome equipment, great employees, computer systems, high ranking website that has consistent calls from it, basically turnkey where you can show a potential buyer that year in and year out you can make this and even more if you want to grow it larger.

But unfortunately you are correct about 95% of the companies out there. Just remember ( man becomes what he thinks about most ) keep telling yourself that you can't get good money for your company, don't make it a turnkey operation so anybody can run it and you too can join the 95%

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Most O/O's...spent years building a client base & a solid reputation...

Then FALSELY assume that reputation will is predicated by THEM being on
every job... KMA! NOT true...many cleints will JUDGE your company as much
more sucessful...when they see you as a businessman...!

As we age ...our clients will DIE off and need to be replaced..!
No one wants to see a 60 year old man SWEATING their ass off cleaning their carpet..!
They would MUCH rather see a young STRAPPING stud ....doing the physical work..!

My son generates more business every day....because many women love to see good
looking young men SWEATING in their bedroom... :idea: "The Seniors...call all the time..
to let me know how proud..I should be to have a son that is WORKING...instead of on the
couch playing video games..."WIN-WIN" for all involved.... LIKE!

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Harper, If I send my son out there for a week to follow you guys around will you promise not to impregnate him?

Joe is right, my son has really been stepping up to the plate as of late.

Jim, it's not to late to adopt Waldo.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
Hey Harper, If I send my son out there for a week to follow you guys around will you promise not to impregnate him?

Joe is right, my son has really been stepping up to the plate as of late.

LOL..theres a thought.......

joe harper

Name
joe harper
mcatt said:
HARPER said:
Jim,

I could not disagree more! Build it properly and it can sell for at least $200,000 per van I guarantee. Consistent cleaning client list, automated reminder system, awesome equipment, great employees, computer systems, high ranking website that has consistent calls from it, basically turnkey where you can show a potential buyer that year in and year out you can make this and even more if you want to grow it larger.

But unfortunately you are correct about 95% of the companies out there. Just remember ( man becomes what he thinks about most ) keep telling yourself that you can't get good money for your company, don't make it a turnkey operation so anybody can run it and you too can join the 95%

Mike,

Do you base your analogy on your "4" years experience in this Industry... :?:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree with Mike.
Though one would never be able to sell it here on MB.
As the common belief here, is that with a few $ for postcards and an answering service, one would be raking in the millions in no time.

How many actually do?
Good one.

A turn key business like Mike describes would be a very good deal at that price.
What other business can you buy that will pay for itself in one year?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Sorry MikeY... -sniff

NO TAT's allowed.... J/K

ps You changed all the meanings of the eMotionConS.... oh my...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mikey P said:

No. But it will be immaculate.

Is Waldo for sale?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
HARPER said:
FOOD FOR THOUGHT...!

"There has NEVER been a high-end cleaner...that prices by the ROOM... KMA! "

Hello..."How much to clean my LDH...?"
Well Mrs.Smith..."That will be $350.00...!!!!" "CLICK".... :lol:

High end pricing MUST be done @ square footage pricing...! PERIOD

If you quote room pricing over the phone..."YOU ARE IN A BOX"
If the cleint does not want a FIRM estimate..."THEY ARE NOT A HIGH-END CLIENT"... :idea:
If you are too LAZY to do the estimate...? Continue being a JANITOR... -sniff
X2
I do in home quotes for every client and if they want the job done they have to call me at a later date to set up an appointment. I get 98-99% of every quote i give. I have never had a no show or cancellation. I never give any type of pricing over the phone. It is just simply is insane to do so.Do not want to deal with low end client's that want a price over the phone or a ballpark price which is even a bigger joke or want the job done on the spot. A high quality client appreciates this way of doing busness.
I see all you guy's that give prices over the phone as either bait and switcher's ,or just plain low end splash and dasher's.
Typical of this industry. Just because the majority of carpet cleaners operate this way dose not make it correct.
For all you monkey's that may try to jump all over this statement and defend your practices, GFYS you are what you are so suck it up.
No hard feeling's,after all I just love how appreciative your old client's are.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
so what about long term...what happens when it comes time to sell or get out of this gig.....

simple ...jus find some poor smuck that don know any better to sell it too......

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Doug Cox":141obomo]The dudes making a thousand bucks in 4 hours are gonna be the ones sitting on their asses when I'm working a full day making more.

Exactly.......who said that a high end cleaner is one that only cleans big ticket homes...

I promise you that I am making more then the guy who is only doing 1 or 2 jobs...plus....I am getting more exposure...more referrals....a bigger client list...and in the end I think my company is going to be worth more...[/quote:141obomo]
A high end cleaner is a cleaner that works for a high quality person for a fair return on the work performed.
The persons financial status has nothing to do with it.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mardie said:
HARPER said:
FOOD FOR THOUGHT...!

"There has NEVER been a high-end cleaner...that prices by the ROOM... KMA! "

Hello..."How much to clean my LDH...?"
Well Mrs.Smith..."That will be $350.00...!!!!" "CLICK".... :lol:

High end pricing MUST be done @ square footage pricing...! PERIOD

If you quote room pricing over the phone..."YOU ARE IN A BOX"
If the cleint does not want a FIRM estimate..."THEY ARE NOT A HIGH-END CLIENT"... :idea:
If you are too LAZY to do the estimate...? Continue being a JANITOR... -sniff
X2
I do in home quotes for every client and if they want the job done they have to call me at a later date to set up an appointment. I get 98-99% of every quote i give. I have never had a no show or cancellation. I never give any type of pricing over the phone. It is just simply is insane to do so.Do not want to deal with low end client's that want a price over the phone or a ballpark price which is even a bigger joke or want the job done on the spot. A high quality client appreciates this way of doing busness.
I see all you guy's that give prices over the phone as either bait and switcher's ,or just plain low end splash and dasher's.
Typical of this industry. Just because the majority of carpet cleaners operate this way dose not make it correct.
For all you monkey's that may try to jump all over this statement and defend your practices, GFYS you are what you are so suck it up.
No hard feeling's,after all I just love how appreciative your old client's are.

soooooooooooooo...you drive to each custys house.......TWICE?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
We handle our estimates a little different...!

We try to do same day estimates..while the are HOT...

We try to work the estimate in ASAP...between jobs or in the early morning
or late afternoon...!

We ALWAYS try to send the truck ...whenever possible.. :idea:
Our estimates are FREE...However...We ask the client ...prior to dispatching crew ?
"If the estimate is acceptable..?"
CAN YOU BE CLEANED AT THE SAME TIME... :idea:

We do almost all EST & DO's... hey now
We don't charge to move furniture...so we have NO problem prepping the job for them..!
If they agree...we CLOSE the job right then...!!!

We have the flexibility to re-route trucks if necessary..."Our travel times are minimal.."

The KEY to this system is...A good phone operator to guage the client's NEEDS... :idea:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
HARPER said:
We handle our estimates a little different...!

We try to do same day estimates..while the are HOT...

We try to work the estimate in ASAP...between jobs or in the early morning
or late afternoon...!

We ALWAYS try to send the truck ...whenever possible.. :idea:
Our estimates are FREE...However...We ask the client ...prior to dispatching crew ?
"If the estimate is acceptable..?"
CAN YOU BE CLEANED AT THE SAME TIME... :idea:

We do almost all EST & DO's... hey now
We don't charge to move furniture...so we have NO problem prepping the job for them..!
If they agree...we CLOSE the job right then...!!!

We have the flexibility to re-route trucks if necessary..."Our travel times are minimal.."

The KEY to this system is...A good phone operator to guage the client's NEEDS... :idea:
Never being in your shoes or knowing your particular market and business....
I can see potential issues with that business model.
HOWEVER!
It seems to work well for you and that's great and the only thing that really counts.

Though there are other, just as good business models.

For example: The same great phone person that you mentioned, will be able to handle phone estimates quite well, thank you very much. Without loosing many potential clients, creating (acknowledged or unacknowledged) perceived pressure, reducing wasted time etc.

Different strokes for different folks with different business models and goals.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
Keep in mind most of Joe's customers are almost dead, hence the hurry to get the job completed.

"CORRECTION"...All my client's are dEaD...lol

I retired 2 years ago... LIKE!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Doug Cox":31xe2tj0] we got it done and made 275.00 per hour. 3 hours for 830.00 and that was about 5/8 ths of our total take, with an estimate and a rug pickup also.
Doug Cox said:
Considering your previous statement.
You got us all confused.

Are more statements coming?[/quote:31xe2tj0]

That was one of 4 jobs I did, Ofer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom