First day with the Zipper

Mikey P

Administrator
We used the heck out of it yesterday on our annual school job..

My guys really like it so far.

thoughts so far.

-Better flushing and appearance than any standard wand
-While not as deep a cleaner as the CX15 , it's far easier to use and more versatile.
-While not as deep a cleaner as an RE, it's more suited for jobs that aren't that horrible yet need more than a wand.
-Less repetitive action too.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nice. Be interested whether it wicks back like wand or RE.

no way that thing is going to wick...I use mine on the schools pre K building where there is every stain...spill and god knows what on the carpets and I used my zipper on them and they came out perfect and nothing wicked back..by the time I got to the 4th class room the first was almost completely dry.........

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
It's a real pleasure on commercial. In large rooms You don't have to go back and forth you can just walk forward. Saves a little time.

Gene

Reactions: Erik

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Dang that looks more soiled than it was last year!

That zipper is just pulling that soil right out.

You should do a protector test on that school carpet.

Divide the room into four and apply four different brands/types of protector and see next year which is cleaner, looks cleaner, cleans easier and looks best after next years cleaning.

A cool experiment for sure.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
That kind of job is perfect for the Zipper. What psi where you running?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Is that spray & go cleaning? CRB or any agitation before cleaning with the zipper? Just wondering if a crb and zipper would be comparable to the cx-15.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What is your feeling about speed? I think a wand can be deceptive when you're making lots of movements over the same area and feel like you're making a lot of progress, when you are not as productive as it feels.

The Zipper looks slower but in comparison time wise do you feel it is the same? slower? or faster?

Reactions: Erik

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
What is your feeling about speed? I think a wand can be deceptive when you're making lots of movements over the same area and feel like you're making a lot of progress, when you are not as productive as it feels.

The Zipper looks slower but in comparison time wise do you feel it is the same? slower? or faster?
Faster for us

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Does it use more water than using a rotary?

Depends on the flow you have it made with .

I run a 12 flow Prochem (six .02 jets)

And I have our Zippers set the same....

They are very close to the same of course.

With my rotaries I have different jettings.

I think the Rotovac 360 XL only takes more water, because I am cleaning really, really trashed carpets with it....and that was the same with my RX 20's which I have 5 jets and have ran .02 jets on them....

So, I think the Rotary seems to take more water, but that again is due to maybe spending more time as they are a little slower to maneuver and of course the soil level I mentioned.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a school I have done for years. It wicks no matter what I do. Now we spray it, clean it, encap and bonnet it after it dries.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have a school I have done for years. It wicks no matter what I do. Now we spray it, clean it, encap and bonnet it after it dries.
Wicking is just soil that wasn't removed. Flush more and vacuum more. Works for me. We did a medical center today for the 5 or 6 th time. They only clean once a year. 7 doctors seeing patients 6 days a week. They all come through the front door and sign in. That area was cleaned and sprayed 3 times. Each time was multiple passes about a 1-3 ratio. When it dries it will be bright and look like the rest. It's much easier with the zipper than the wand. A rotary would even be better but I don't have one that will work on glue down. The area is about 4 ft wide by 15 ft long and took about 30 minutes to complete.

Gene

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan

I don't understand. Can you make a video please?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom