First day with the Zipper

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
been about a month since your first post Mike, do you still use it? and if so are your guys reporting anything different?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
At 12 Flow, Im worried that my Cleanco will loose ALL heat. I might be cleaning with luke warm water????

Reactions: hogjowl

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Is it common for those high heat Butlers to be able to hold such heat at 12 flow?

The Butler guy at MF10 had a low flow wand (can't remem exactly) that he was showing the heat off with.

I'm almost always on the trigger with my 6 flow wand. Machine is usually holding @ 190-200 degrees. (Max Heat Cleanco 47). I'm due for a descale but no way can I get the performance out of my rig that Mark is getting from his Butlers.

Maybe I "need" a new Butler too???

Does anyone have experience running a Zipper with another PTO? Cleanco, Hydramaster, Sapphire???

Maybe that's why I love me some rotary extraction. It cleans like crazy with my system. Who am I kidding, my RotoVac made my Chemtex Panther 20 (sold) look like a BEAST!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So someone can reasonably expect 240 type heat, at 12 flow, out of a High Heat Butler?

This needs to be SHOUTED by Butler, if it's the case.

If true, the Butler really does stand alone at the top of PTO Mountain.

Haters gon' hate....

are you talking about at the tool or at the machine...because that makes a world of difference..
we all can get it at the machine ...but can the machine hold that temp and keep it constant at the tool.....???????

once you get that tool moving and the water flowing....what happens then.....???

Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
At the machine. Hard to get it at the wand without melting a line in the carpet. ;)

Seriously we just don't need that kind of heat. We don't clean dumps, apartments or restaurants in general. I personally don't care for extreme heat, its tough on valves, hoses and components. But then if I clean shit holes all day I'd probably have a different opinion.

Most of what we clean appears to be clean before you start and as you clean you can see the difference. :winky:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
At the machine. Hard to get it at the wand without melting a line in the carpet. ;)

Seriously we just don't need that kind of heat. We don't clean dumps, apartments or restaurants in general. I personally don't care for extreme heat, its tough on valves, hoses and components. But then if I clean shit holes all day I'd probably have a different opinion.

Most of what we clean appears to be clean before you start and as you clean you can see the difference. :winky:

Exactly.....if I can hold about 200 at the tool I am a happy guy...so far..using a 15 inch zipper and a high flow Hoss....the 570 holds it pretty good........

hogjowl

Idiot™
So someone can reasonably expect 240 type heat, at 12 flow, out of a High Heat Butler?

This needs to be SHOUTED by Butler, if it's the case.

If true, the Butler really does stand alone at the top of PTO Mountain.

Haters gon' hate....

Personally, I don't think this is the case. I suspect their high heat package puts out reasonably good heat, but I think MUCH of the heat claims centered around Butler is a result of two things.
1) The natural tendency to exaggerate when posting
2) The over exuberance of a certain poster here ... who is always so annoyingly happy that it just pisses me off.

Reactions: rick imby
Name
Marcus
Russ gotta go duel fire to get continual heat holding down the trigger.......
I swiched about 10 years ago...will get 180-200 12-14 flow as long as you want...20-30 minutes????
Saves labor and time

Name
jack zerkie
Used the zipper today on a filthy pure white berber very old, and had cleaned it a few years past. The lady and her two cats moved out. I used the zipper with 12 flow and it worked great and then a few wands just to see the difference. The ZIPPER won major difference in the carpets so thank you Erik you have a winner but we already knew that. jz.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Is it common for those high heat Butlers to be able to hold such heat at 12 flow?

The Butler guy at MF10 had a low flow wand (can't remem exactly) that he was showing the heat off with.

I'm almost always on the trigger with my 6 flow wand. Machine is usually holding @ 190-200 degrees. (Max Heat Cleanco 47). I'm due for a descale but no way can I get the performance out of my rig that Mark is getting from his Butlers.

Maybe I "need" a new Butler too???

Does anyone have experience running a Zipper with another PTO? Cleanco, Hydramaster, Sapphire???

Maybe that's why I love me some rotary extraction. It cleans like crazy with my system. Who am I kidding, my RotoVac made my Chemtex Panther 20 (sold) look like a BEAST!

With the Butler....it does very well with the 12 flow. It kind of likes it as it seems to like the stress on the blower and the flow coming through...

Just makes good heat the more I work it!

I'm sure if I went more flow, I would loose some heat, but have never experimented with it more

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Bill Soukeroff used a lie detector....cold weather outside....over 240 at the van....I know high flow wand (10 or 12 flow)

Lie detector at the wand was 210 +

was freezing weather outside...his set up is similar to mine....

He had the pics posted on this board as there was a question about it....

The Butler likes to be worked and it isn't finicky with it's heat....

No spikes and crazy variance....just more heat it seems as you stay on it.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Couldn't find it on the Board, but found the post from a Google search cut and paste here from Bill

Here is the post cut and pasted from Bill Soukoreff

Unfortunately the pics are no longer there, but here is the info.......

Bill's comments:

Sorry guys, I don't have any videos as I am solo operator! But I did take some pics a couple years ago when I cleaned some commercial with a couple other buddies. One had a demo truck with a 570SS (Sapphire rep at the time) and the other a Everest 408 with the Nissan engine. The Butler shamed them badly.

It was 33.8F that day and we cleaned at 450 psi with a 10 flow wand (5-02's), 50 ft of 2.5" and a hundred 2" vac hose. 150ft of parflex. Triggered most of the time the Butler never dropped below 200F at the wand over the 4 hours of cleaning. It averaged at 210F all the time. Since then I have gone up to 5-03's and get even better heat. I have never dropped below 200F at wand in the coldest of winter days and I work non stop in winter. And not sissy winters. In summer, it's crazy, smoking hot. Don't miss my old 260,000 BTU propane heater at all. The Butler loves high flow. The more the better. With the Zipper at 600 to 700 psi, the carpets are steaming for minutes after, and again that is on crazy cold winter days.

The heat is all you could ever want. Rock solid, steady high heat.

View attachment 4946
View attachment 4947

The link to his post which he posted this in #23

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/index....ler-maximum-option.274594/page-2#post-4300346

Name
Nate W.
13" Zipper Jr. PSI 450, 9503 x 5 =15 flow, slot front glide, holed rear glide, 250° + temp gauge pegged, 4.5 blower out 200' hose, 25' of 2" the rest 2.5".... Granted the temp would be between 230°-250°+ depending on how long I hold the trigger down.... The longer I hold it, the hotter it gets...

I'd choose the Cimex/Zipper Jr on commercial jobs...... Works for us...

20150324_130313.jpg

Back
Top Bottom