Flex Ice VS AllFiber Rinse

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Gee if I want to use a acid rinse all I do is add a cup of vinegar to my jug.

Reactions: Scott S.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
That is the only thing I don't like about it. I love the product itself and prefer powdered form, but even after adding deodorizer to it, I can still smell it. I would love to find a way to overcome that because it is a great product without a doubt.
Rub some icy hot under your nose, problem solved. :)

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
why go though all that?? stick with a product that works and smells great until interlink get their act together and produce a great product that smells great also
Exactly, that's why I'm going back to the fabset for my light to mild soil jobs, and only using the flex ice on the heavy soiled. Women are driven by smell, and if it stinks that's what she'll remember about me.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
"All Fiber Deep Clean" is a liquid though supposedly, beside being Wool Safe and acidic, it also has detergency. And of course, the sweet typical Prochem's smell (spinsters favorite) that some of you crave so much :winky:
I've used it and it's a good product (save the stink), never noticed any issue with residue. I use it on suspected bleeders and wool. Never compared the cleaning ability to Flex Ice, hopefully someone will.

Last edited:

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Well, ok then. If Kellie says it stinks, then it must offend some people.

On to another product.
Lol! Don't take my sole word on it! I really like to use it in restaurants where the smell will be gone by morning anyway. And in empty houses as well.
My regular customers in particular have asked me why it smells different and not clean smelling like usual.
I'm starting to play around with rinses, I used to use Matrix All Fiber and Fabset, but now I am using that Chemspec Complete rinse which I like too.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
to be completely honest, this spring i will probably be using flex with flex ice, and clean free with clean free rinse all are the same dillution ratios.

Drew Moore

Name
Drew Moore
Been using Flex Ice for a few months now, I notice a smell every now and then. It's an acidic smell, like vinegar almost. It has a similar smell to Yellow RX.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i've been using flex ice for a while
hardly objectionable imo.
agreed. I'm a pretty big fan of it so far. until something better comes out ill be using it.
I do use alot of clean free as a prespray and rinse.

Reactions: J Scott W

FFA

Name
FFA
My chemical setup, basically draws diluted chem into my freshtank via the watersupply. So basically it runs through all components when exiting the machine. I run just water as a rinse because i dont want to run chems through the pump. If i add flex ice to my 50 gallon drum, will this affect my pump?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This is a question for Scott Warrington regarding regard how Flex Ice might affect your pump.

It might help him to know what kind of pump you use on your machine; some pumps shouldn't pump anything but water. The manufacturer of your machine should be able to provide you with that information.

Does your machine heat the water before the pump or after? Heat causes some chemical formulations to behave differently then when they are cold.

Will Flex Ice be the only thing you use through your system? Cross contamination between products can create unpredictable events in your equipment. If you intend to use different products for different cleaning jobs, its important to thoroughly rinse out your tank before switching to the next product.

Given that information, Scott will be able to answer your question.

Reactions: FFA

FFA

Name
FFA
This is a question for Scott Warrington regarding regard how Flex Ice might affect your pump.

It might help him to know what kind of pump you use on your machine; some pumps shouldn't pump anything but water. The manufacturer of your machine should be able to provide you with that information.

Does your machine heat the water before the pump or after? Heat causes some chemical formulations to behave differently then when they are cold.

Will Flex Ice be the only thing you use through your system? Cross contamination between products can create unpredictable events in your equipment. If you intend to use different products for different cleaning jobs, its important to thoroughly rinse out your tank before switching to the next product.

Given that information, Scott will be able to answer your question.
Its a general pump, and the water is heated after with a hx. Then the water returns back into the freshtank and gets hotter as the water runs low. So yes the water does get hot. I will only be running the ice if it is advised.

FFA

Name
FFA
Im assuming most chemical injection systems run chem through the pump, but then you can easily rinse it out via the 5 gallon jug. In my case, i cant do that.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You might want to contact Scott or Tom Forsythe at Aramsco/Bridgepoint. I'm not certain how often they monitor MB.

I have some concern regarding the return of water back to your fresh water tank. This means you are introducing heated chemical into your pump at times, and if you are refilling your tank before its empty, you are increasing the actual concentration of the product as you go.

It might not be a problem at all with Flex Ice. We sell it, and based on my knowledge of the product, I don't have concerns, but since your application is somewhat different, it bears asking the question.

How hard is your water? Parts of PA have very hard water, and that comes into play as well.

FFA

Name
FFA
You might want to contact Scott or Tom Forsythe at Aramsco/Bridgepoint. I'm not certain how often they monitor MB.

I have some concern regarding the return of water back to your fresh water tank. This means you are introducing heated chemical into your pump at times, and if you are refilling your tank before its empty, you are increasing the actual concentration of the product as you go.

It might not be a problem at all with Flex Ice. We sell it, and based on my knowledge of the product, I don't have concerns, but since your application is somewhat different, it bears asking the question.

How hard is your water? Parts of PA have very hard water, and that comes into play as well.
Thankyou Jim. Ive never tested it but i guess its not to hard compared to other states.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Im assuming most chemical injection systems run chem through the pump, but then you can easily rinse it out via the 5 gallon jug. In my case, i cant do that.

In some ways, it can be worse for people using a chemical jug with a super concentrated solution. Putting cleaning agents into your fresh water tank in a "ready to use" dilution shouldn't be too troublesome to rinse out if you have a drain hose at the bottom. With the 5 gallon (for the most part) containers that most TM operators use, there is an issue of concentrated product building up inside of the container. Most cleaners neglect the fact that this material will either increase the concentration of their standard product each time that they use it if they don't keep it rinsed, or it may cause negative reactions if they move between products of different polarity or pH.

This kind of problem is uncommon, but there are some icky things that can happen inside of your chemical system that you won't always notice till you have problems.

ChemicalBuild up.jpeg

Reactions: dgardner and FFA

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Jim raised some good points to consider. I won't go over the same things again, but will try to add a little.

Flex Ice is not usually a problem for the pump or the plumbing, but when using hard water or very high heat it can combine with minerals in the water and lead to scale build-up requiring more frequent de-scaling. The harder the water and the higher the heat, the more likely this is to occur.

If you have moderate to soft water, anything less than 7 grains, you should be fine. If your water is in the 7 -10 grain range, plan on descaling more often. If your water is above 11 grains, Flex Ice may not be the best choice for you.

While on this topic, let me make a point about water softness, something often overlooked by cleaners. Of all the things a cleaner may consider doing to get better results - more vacuum, more water pressure, more heat and all the ways they seek to reach those goals - the best thing most cleaners around the country can do to improve the cleaning results is to use soft water. A simple solution. Put a water softener in your van = better cleaning.

FFA

Name
FFA
Jim raised some good points to consider. I won't go voer the same things again, but will try to add a little.

Flex Ice is not usually a problem for the pump or the plumbing, but when using hard water or very high heat it can combine with minerals in the water and lead to scale build-up requiring more frequent de-scaling. The harder the water and the higher the heat, the mor elikely this is to occur.

If you have moderate to soft water, anything less than 7 grains, you should be fine. If your water is in the 7 -10 grain range, plan on descaling more often. If your water is above 11 grains, Flex Cie may not be the best choice for you.

While on this topic, let me make a point about water softness, something often overlooked by cleaners. Of all the things a cleaner may consider doing to get better results - more vacuum, more water pressure, more heat and all the ways they seek to reach those goals - the best thing most cleaners around the country can do to improve the cleaning results is to use soft water. A simple solution. Put a water softener in your van = better cleaning.
Thanks Jim and Scott, you guys are really helpfull.

Ill get some teststrips and see where my hardness is at(no jokes pls).

So, how come nobody has invented an inline chemical jug? Seems like a good idea to me. No chemical in the machine.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I got a sample jug of Ice before it was released. Cleaned a new commercial client with it in an enclosed hall, and the scent was bad. But, have used it since, and currently have it in my solution tank. It does clump up in the jug and have to break it up before mixing. I mix Chemiesters Proliminator Lemonizer in the mix, and it kills any scent of acid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom