Administrator
20150625_142630.jpg

Used it as s prespray and a rinse on a rug doctor pee pee job today

Wand was so so...HOSS was crucial.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I want this stuff. My Rotovac is hungry for the taste of soiled customer carpets washed down with Flex Ice.

Reactions: J Scott W

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Does it use CITRIC ACID ?
I was going to look at the msds (or sds), but can't find one yet. In fact, the website mentioned on both the sell sheet and label doesn't exist.....

FlexIceSDS.jpg

Looks like Bridgepoint was going to transition to sds's but haven't got around to creating the website yet (and BP guys - URL's usually use forward slashes ).

In any case the label mentions sulphuric acid, not citric.

Name
David
Any of you guys have an issue with the smell? I started using it last week and it smells like.... Had 2 customers comment on it. I'm not going to say what it smells like, if you used it tell me, see if our answers match up, or am I crazy?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Good to have a powedered acid side cleaner.

Any proof that a carpet rinsed with an acid side rinse, soils any different than one rinsed with a good mildly alkaline rinse?

I've tried it for years and the result differences could pretty much be summed up as:

th

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It's an ego thing Marty. He wants everyone to KNOW that he made it happen.

And I don't believe it's any better than a much cheaper to use liquid version.

I'll just stick to my liquid Groom "Vibrant" emulsifier..........with NO scent.

I can use it when people want a "Green" product and no odor.

Ph is around 11 Hahahaha!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Good points Ofer. I haven't any idea at this point as to the answers to your questions. I have never been convinced that applying an acid alone rinses better. There are times that the contents of some prespray formulations need to be emulsified, which is often better accomplished with an alkaline extraction agent. There are also acids that are sticky by nature, and that could, in some cases, promote resoiling.

All of that said, some acid rinses in some situations have been proven to assist in residue removal. I am not aware that enough is known about Flex Ice so far to say that, though what I know about its formulation leads me to believe that is should aid in residue removal.

Here is what I like about the product that I do know:

1. It neutralizes high pH prespray products better than water alone.

2. It cleans carpet and fabrics in areas that don't require alkaline preconditioning agents.

3. It cleans natural fibers that have dyes that are otherwise sensitive to high pH residues more safely than otherwise they would with alkaline agents.

4. It restricts browning when used on cellulose fibers in fabric and area rugs.

We'll see how it works out with further testing, this is just what I've noticed thus far.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But is it any better than a liquid acid rinse? You would think using a powder would be cheaper but probably NOT in this case. So..................why use it? Oh it's NEW...............it's a miracle ! It's all about marketing!

Just like those $40 a gallon eNcRAp SCAMPOOS!

Reactions: ruff

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Yes Jimmy, it cleans better than the liquid acid rinses.

I don't know that every cleaner really needs to use it. There isn't an overwhelming need to "neutralize" every carpet we clean. I'd much rather a cleaner leave a very small amount of alkaline cleaner in a carpet than too much of an acid one.

The goal is for as little residue as possible, not a specific pH level, unless we are talking upholstery with very sensitive dyes or things that might brown. I was in a meeting with the biggest producer of nylon carpet at the time, and he wouldn't be pinned down to a pH level on carpet after cleaning. He was more concerned with surfactant residue, because that is what caused resoiling, not pH alone.

With the increasing popularity of polyester, issues of pH and neutralization may not be as important as they once were either.

In the end, its another way to get things clean for cleaners who prefer very high pH prespray products, or who like an "all in one" carpet and upholstery cleaner in their extraction machine.

If I just want to use an acid rinse to rinse, and not to clean, I'd stay with a liquid product; they are about half the price of Flex Ice, unless my math is wrong. But since its a cleaner too, that's not the comparison I'd make.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Any of you guys have an issue with the smell? I started using it last week and it smells like.... Had 2 customers comment on it. I'm not going to say what it smells like, if you used it tell me, see if our answers match up, or am I crazy?
I have just started using it yesterday and there is no smell that I can tell.

Name
Robert Falzone
I've used Flex Ice several times myself and I am very happy with it. Some of my biggest clients with multiple trucks are switching. It has no real fragrance, which is fine by me. If you want it to smell like something, then add a neutral deodorizer. There will be some who prefer liquid EndZone or FabSet, and that's ok too because we aren't going to stop making those. That's the advantage of being a big company, we have a big tent for everyone to fit inside. :)
flexicerules.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom