FLEX ICE

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I was gonna crack the seal to smell it...
but i thought i'd wait till my
BRAND NEW GENIE is finished first!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I suppose some of you guys could use that Flex Ice as a ...............Coloidal rinse?

Reactions: rwcarpet

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I Love when people complain about scent like kill odor plus or Joe's Soils and Oils odors. I mean your using it to get urine, vomit, diarhea stank out. Customers have 17 candles 6 plug ins and 12 cans of spray but they are fragrant intollerant to my juice?

I will admit I prefer something to work and fade fast and not linger for weeks. Like soils oils odors.

I will usually give customers a choice this scent for a day or two or this one for a moonth???

Reactions: FredC

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Any of you guys have an issue with the smell? I started using it last week and it smells like.... Had 2 customers comment on it. I'm not going to say what it smells like, if you used it tell me, see if our answers match up, or am I crazy?

The smell I got when using ICE was that of "when you spray a hot register (heating, steam, hot water )" and you get that smell of liquid on a hot item. I also got a slight acidic smell when cleaning a confined long commercial hallway. It disapated after a while. I added some Proliminator Lemonizer to the ICE and it helped the smell.

Just being honest here. Bridgepoint should add a slight scent to cover up any acrid smell. And as Mikey has said, he was looking for an economical rinse, which ICE is not, unfortunatly.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
so how much does a container of that ICE cost? I got at least 75% more use out of it than a gallon of all fiber rinse.
2015-06-27 10.33.00.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I can and you folks down at the far end of the table had a weird skunky type smell coming from down wind. :shifty:

there was an honest to God real skunk out on the sidewalk by the pool in Aptos.....damn near walked up on it....
Jimbo saw it too......but i suppose he COULDA been tracking scent........:lol:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I Love when people complain about scent like kill odor plus or Joe's Soils and Oils odors. I mean your using it to get urine, vomit, diarhea stank out. Customers have 17 candles 6 plug ins and 12 cans of spray but they are fragrant intollerant to my juice?

I will admit I prefer something to work and fade fast and not linger for weeks. Like soils oils odors.

I will usually give customers a choice this scent for a day or two or this one for a moonth???

Sam,
We want something that deals with the odor and does not try to mask or overwhelm the original odor by creating, in my opinion, an even more offensive one.
And yes, psychologically, clients perceive a deodorizer working better if there's some perfume (masking agent) involved.

Some of the deodorizers though will linger for a very long time.

I dumped a sample, JB sent of O&S deodorizer, down the kitchen sink. Man, that took weeks to go away. And that is after flushing the sink in addition to the every day use of washing dishes etc. Terrible sweet smell.

Last edited:

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I'm not really picky on scents but I have to say that I absolutely hate the fragrance of All Fiber Deep Clean.

Reminds me of cucumber melon hand soap, which I hate. Oh man, just talking about it reminds me of how much I hate it.

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama
anybody else hear the rumor of a soon to be kinda new steam genie installed in a used van and turning the carpet cleaning world upside down????? crazy idea right??

enter Bob V. in one, two, annnnnnnnd......

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I usually buy a years supply of all fiber rinse 1x a year for 15 a gallon. I'm sorry, I really liked flex ice, but I'll never pay 40 a gallon for it.

It's not an apples to apples ($15 vs $40) comparison.

At $15 for a gallon of AFR, you're at $3.75 per chem jug. ALMOST THE EXACT SAME PRICE AS THE NORMAL DILUTION OF ICE!

Buy Ice by the case or once a year stock up and I'm sure it's even cheaper.

Reactions: J Scott W

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The goal is for as little residue as possible, not a specific pH level, unless we are talking upholstery with very sensitive dyes or things that might brown. I was in a meeting with the biggest producer of nylon carpet at the time, and he wouldn't be pinned down to a pH level on carpet after cleaning. He was more concerned with surfactant residue, because that is what caused resoiling, not pH alone.
I agree on the resoiling issue.
That was a good comment by the carpet manufacturer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom