FLEX ICE

J

JS41035

Any of you guys have an issue with the smell? I started using it last week and it smells like.... Had 2 customers comment on it. I'm not going to say what it smells like, if you used it tell me, see if our answers match up, or am I crazy?
antifreeze ?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I like the fact that it is powder, so for me that's an advantage.
Liquid bottles in my van tend to have leaking issues. I'd be happy to pay for it and I do see a need for an acid that also has some detergent. So I'll definitely buy.

Jim, does it clean any better than ProChem's "Deep Clean". Which if I understand correctly has some cleaning ability as well.

Did I mention that "deepo" like almost any other ProChem product, suffers from that distinct freaking ProChem curse, of cheap perfume stink?
Which one is it: "saccharine morning?"

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just a description from Wikipedia...But keep in mind....on the SDS....the amount used is not listed because trade secret....so don't go all crazy....

Just a bit of explanation of ONE of the ingredients listed....

and I have not tried it or used it, so I cannot comment at all about it...and do not know anything about it to give comment....

Just sharing so if some of you are curious about the ingredient (as many others we use in our industry) here is just one way to learn about our chems.....

Cleaning agent
Sulfamic acid is used as an acidic cleaning agent, sometimes pure or as a component of proprietary mixtures, typically for metals and ceramics. It is frequently used for removing rust and limescale, replacing the more volatile and irritating hydrochloric acid, which is however cheaper. It is often a component of household descaling agents, for example, Lime-A-Way Thick Gel contains up to 8% sulfamic acid and pH 2 - 2.2, or detergents used for removal of limescale. When compared to most of the common strong mineral acids, sulfamic acid has desirable water descaling properties, low volatility, low toxicity. It forms water-soluble salts of calcium and ferric iron.

Importantly, sulfamic acid is preferable to use in household in comparison to hydrochloric acid for its intrinsic safety. If erroneously mixed with hypochlorite based products such as bleach, it does not form chlorine gas, where the most common acids would; the reaction (neutralization) with NH3, produces a salt as depicted in the section above.

It also finds applications in the industrial cleaning of dairy and brew-house equipment. Although it is considered less corrosive than hydrochloric acid, corrosion inhibitors are often added to commercial cleansers of which it is a component. Some of its domestic use, e.g. Easy-Off, for descaling include home coffee and espresso equipment and in denture cleaners.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ofer Thats what I want to know how does it compare to Deep clean from prochem and acid side detergent.

I know high heat from chemspec. The liquid is an acid side detergent that smells horrible. It also has a polymer for anti recoiling I think Deep clean does to.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Just cleaned my carpet last week and it's soft as it was when they installed it.. No res soft water rinse. Rinses are a waste of money in my opinion.. Well slurry could be useful( on real nasties), but haven't ran it in like 5 years..

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had a custy's tell me 2 weeks ago, that he went to purchase carpet for his rental and they told him to buy poly and told him heat will reck his carpet.. High ph,high heat is the scapegoat to the crap carpet that is out there!! Who do you trust? The garbage iicrc or the manufacturers that are putting this garbage on the market? No one, all claims are BS!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i got my 6lb jug of Flex Ice today...thank you very much!
i'm gonna run it thru my BRAND NEW GENIE that i'm building up to sell!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mr.DonSnider

Name
WTH?
Ofer Thats what I want to know how does it compare to Deep clean from prochem and acid side detergent.

I know high heat from chemspec. The liquid is an acid side detergent that smells horrible. It also has a polymer for anti recoiling I think Deep clean does to.
Hi just a quick tip. If your looking a great TLC with an awesome fragrance try Kill Odor Plus. Most cleaners think it's just for Pet Odors but its much more. Hope that helps

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P
J

JS41035

Running at 3gph rinse. The room smelled faintly of antifreeze to me. I even checked the coolant level on the van. Not when it drys. I switched to dry slurry and no smell. It's not to bad. I put half a cup of sunshine in the mix

Mike Draper

with my TI wand i cant smell it becuase the jets put the heat direcly into the carpet. When I change to my apartment wand -2 jet (you have the same wand mikey) then the steam goes everywhere and I dont like it. I can smell it when i use the stair tool as well. My only other suggestion would be to change the color of the label. I almost mixed flex with citrus solve into my rinse tank. You dont need to change the design, just alter the back round color on the jug so i cn quickly and easily pick the right one without having to read it extra carefully.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom