for once I'm speechless..

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Pretty inventive. I really like it on the stairs but elsewhere I prefer for weight for agitation or simply a rotary

SixShooter

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Sabia
I kinda like this contraption. Nice work Bill and welcome to Mikeys Board!

I have used my DeWalt buffer with Cimex pads on severely soiled commercial stairways with awesome results, but my back whines about it the whole time!

I use my 15" rotary on heavily soiled residential stairways. It is a bear to handle but produces great results.

My old style 2 head Rotovac did a killer job on stairways, but killed my back at the same time.

I have considered that Oreck Orbitor unit for stairways but never actually held one.

I think a nylon brush would work better on cut pile than a pad, am I wrong?

IMHO, the negative with this tool is merely that it utilizes something which looks and is too familiar to our customers. Everyone has a hand held buffer machine. It just does not look professional. The head is far too small for general production work.

http://urbanfloorcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/EQ_1002.jpg

I kind of like the look. Looks way cooler with the brush head on it though

SixShooter

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Sabia
Okay I'll be the first to say it.

It looks like a POS and very unprofessional to have a customer see you using it.

You might get away with it using it in ghetto homes but I would be embarrased to bring it in the house.

It's just like RiCkY G pushing a electric drill and putting a overpriced scrub brush on it.

http://urbanfloorcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/EQ_1002.jpg

I think it looks pretty nice. Looks even cooler with the custom brush head attached

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Hey, how a bout a gas powered one, for when there isn't any electricity. That would be great.... about as great as using a freaking grinder to clean carpets, are you kidding me? IF you are too lazy to carry a proper tool up some stairs to do your job then get a different job. If you can't afford a real pre-scrubber then you sure as hell can't afford the repairs you will need to make to someone's home after you burn thru the carpet or get wrapped up in the curtains and that thing climbs up her wall. I could maybe see it having some use in stone work, but using that POS on carpet is just Damn stupid. Is that really a set of old ankle weights strapped to the top? OMG

Reactions: FredC

SixShooter

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Sabia
Hey, how a bout a gas powered one, for when there isn't any electricity. That would be great.... about as great as using a freaking grinder to clean carpets, are you kidding me? IF you are too lazy to carry a proper tool up some stairs to do your job then get a different job. If you can't afford a real pre-scrubber then you sure as hell can't afford the repairs you will need to make to someone's home after you burn thru the carpet or get wrapped up in the curtains and that thing climbs up her wall. I could maybe see it having some use in stone work, but using that POS on carpet is just Damn stupid. Is that really a set of old ankle weights strapped to the top? OMG

You sound upset my friend. Let me ease your mind.

We have done about 500 jobs using the tool so far with no accidents at all. We use a momentary (deadman) switch so that the tool powers off as soon as it's released.

And for the record those are Brand New ankle weights.

Thanks for the comments

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Sounds like Chris could use a drink....

[video=youtube;hAIOxlKDx_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hAIOxlKDx_A[/video]

Edit - that sounded so good I just went and made myself a margarita - I'm back, carry on.....

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
No offense, please don't take this the wrong way, but is that really a picture of you in your Avatar? .

Sheeett.......Mohawk aside, and regardless of what a sexy bald head I have, what I would give to still have that much hair on my entire head........especially covering the most valuable area of real estate, being right down the middle like that.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well on second thought this makita type scrubber could really enable me to make inroads into that "Lucrative" mobile home market.
Could really get down those narrow hallways and tight bedrooms with that!

Why I could plaster signs all through the trailer park with " $49.95 whole trailer special" .

I could make a killing off of it until the mexicans come in at a $19.95 to under cut me.

Have to work fast.......get in .......make the money and down the road.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Mexican's would kick your ass James, even at $19.95.

Good thing I put you on the protected list.

"Lucrative Mobile home market"......crazy fooker! :biggrin:

Name
Steve Lawrence
I like Doc's idea of using it to reach edges etc. that Cimex can't reach. We really could use a good tool for that. No battery power for me though. I want AC power and not having to charge it.

SixShooter

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Sabia
I like Doc's idea of using it to reach edges etc. that Cimex can't reach. We really could use a good tool for that. No battery power for me though. I want AC power and not having to charge it.

The Hot-Rod is not battery powered, you plug it in.

We've used it in a lot of office situations, cubicles under desks, etc. that are pretty tight for a Cimex.

Thanks

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Looks like a broom handle screwed on a car buffer....

If you do a google search you will find many other models already out there.
With far better designs.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think the battery pack would have been problematic both in use and function. That's why we didn't purchase.

We I get a chance to grab my commercial supervisor I'll show him Bill's product and see what he thinks.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
always with the mobile home jokes...why do you hate me?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Six Shooter,
Keep your head up, Forums can be outright brutal, believe me I KNOW it wasn't long ago my filter was a shit pipe, what a POS, what a pure waste of time, a lot of people jumped in line to willingly to belittle. I took it as positive as I could tried to look at the comments and work on what they talked crap about, and to many it has come to be a nice piece of equipment that they use everyday and are happy to have it, some you will never win over and really that is okay.
We all have our own ways of working and what we like working with, some guys are going to look at your product and never give it a try, some will try it and come to there own conclusion that it works but not for them, some will buy it use it and say this works great for what I want it to do.
You will never make everyone happy. Take it all with a tall glass of your favorite drink.
All of you that are so down on someones ideas why don't you bring your awesome ideas to reality produce it and have the balls to take the abuse you are so easily giving, come on I sure you all can do it.
Until you do that put your foot back in your big mouth and as Golden Boy would say GO FOOK YOURSELF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lefty724

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"Trash can", get it straight. I never said shit pipe. :p

I agree its rare that everyone would buy all products. Sell what you will and let the market decide if its a viable product or not.

Until you do that put your foot back in your big mouth and as Golden Boy would say GO FOOK YOURSELF.
Hey that's what these boards are for, a place to give your opinions regardless right or wrong. However telling cleaners to fook themselves is not wise as a comment for a manufacturer of a product. :eekk:

Not saying you can't think it, feel it and want to post it but I wouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

FredC

Village Idiot
I dont need my own ideas to see that while it may have niche uses (stone stairs etc) it is horribly inneficient as an open area scrubbing device....the videos show that very well

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Yes you are right but at the same time you have to understand that things can be done in a better Tone...
Do you see how you replied to my comment as me saying it to you all.That is my point it is NOT CORRECT and you just pointed it out!! That was the WHOLE POINT.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

FredC

Village Idiot
I thought the tone has been frustratingly "nice"

With folks such as myself refraining from being honest about how embarrassed we would be pulling that contraption out in a customer's home as a scrubber

But maybe I missed some post

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't believe its ever been a personal attack but more of where the product may not work out for the individual.

As I mentioned I can see value in it but just not as an alternative to a full sized machine.

SixShooter

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Sabia
Looks like a broom handle screwed on a car buffer....

If you do a google search you will find many other models already out there.
With far better designs.

If you are speaking of the Hot-Rod Handle please post links to comparable products.

One of the main points of this tool is that it is a life time tool so that if the motor burns out, it's replaced quickly and inexpensively. Or if you already own a motor just attach to this and you have a completely different tool with many different applications besides scrubbing carpet.
If there is another like it please show me because I will have talk with my patent attorney about it.

SixShooter

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Sabia
Six Shooter,
Keep your head up, Forums can be outright brutal, believe me I KNOW it wasn't long ago my filter was a shit pipe, what a POS, what a pure waste of time, a lot of people jumped in line to willingly to belittle. I took it as positive as I could tried to look at the comments and work on what they talked crap about, and to many it has come to be a nice piece of equipment that they use everyday and are happy to have it, some you will never win over and really that is okay.
We all have our own ways of working and what we like working with, some guys are going to look at your product and never give it a try, some will try it and come to there own conclusion that it works but not for them, some will buy it use it and say this works great for what I want it to do.
You will never make everyone happy. Take it all with a tall glass of your favorite drink.
All of you that are so down on someones ideas why don't you bring your awesome ideas to reality produce it and have the balls to take the abuse you are so easily giving, come on I sure you all can do it.

Good advice. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm really trying to sift out the legitimate objection and just address those.

Thanks again.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Hi Guys,

I'm the maker of the Hot Rod Handle.

I have a 5 truck operation in Orange County Ca.

We use it mainly for agitating pre-spray, scrubbing stairs and scrubbing out T&G.

So this tool is meant primarily for folks who are inclined to pre-scrub residential but more importantly for those that don't pre-scrub because bringing in a big machine into a home (especially cramped upstairs condos) is just too much of a hassle.

The guys at Stone Pro have sold several of them out of their store and I've spoken to the end users. They love them. They add weight to them and use Twister pads to polish tight areas like bathrooms, edges and stairs.

We tried the Oreck Orbitor in our business and it was just o.k. We think this is a big improvement over that.

We've gotten great feedback from our customers and the guys love to use them.

For those of you who love their Orecks I made a modification to ours (although we don't use them anymore) which you might find interesting. I could post a video of that mod if there's any interest.

BTW: I paid $28K to have the "Fling Ring" injection molded, dang right I got a patent on it. Kidding

If you read this and look at it with a open mind you will see he made it for certain conditions that he has come across in his cleaning process, I don't think he is saying it is a 175 or ever was meant to be. I could see what he is saying about condos up high. or in bathrooms around the toilet, or just a small tile job that is tight and cramped to begin with. So it does have a place.
Yes I do agree with what you guys are saying about it because back in the day when we had a dry bonnet cleaning co this is what they gave me for the furniture, and I did not like using it I thought it was to garage type of tool for that process,
But being professionals of the trade, customers are just going to look at it as just another tool of our trade if it is brought into the home for a needed situation, I don't think they would think any different.
I don't agree that using this in a everyday situation as your go to scrubber that it would be the right tool 175 would be more practical.
Maybe his son helped him come up with this who knows, if that is the case to much negative response may stop him from later coming up with something else.
This is where I WILL ALWAYS GIVE CREDIT TO JOE B. HE NEVER STOPPED PUSHING ME TO MAKE IT BETTER. He did warn me that MB was harsh or can come across that way, but to take what they say negative and make those parts better and you will have a good product.
I know that this board has more seasoned vets over here and because of that you cut through the BS right away but it can be a little rough for someone that really has put his or her heart into something.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom