Got Ripped off by JonDon's repair side yesterday!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I can remember less than a month ago getting blasted by ken snow for pointing out jondons highway gypsy robbery service dept , and being called tacky. This is exactly why jon don only gets my business on an occasion

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Of course Olson has to throw in his bogus Sally Beauty supply line. So he can sell Stain magic almost as bad as telling you to but replace your solution lines cuz you will burn a baby face if they pop. Apparently he has not seen parker when they go bad its a little mist. Fooken distributors. On a side note Im pissed at Jon Don too they did not put a flip cap on my POG I got today. Ill be calling first thing in the morning. LOL.

Golden Boy

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Try to understand Greg for a minute guys.

You can NOT run the type of business he runs without having to constantly look over your shoulder.

So, isn't it easy to understand why the guy might be a little quick to get all Bristor on people on occasion?

ummm...the whinny brat seems to have time to piss 'n moan on a discussion board it ...you'd think he'd have time to make a phone call to JD and ask "what's up?"...wouldn't you?

Grow up, Cole
and stop acting like a sniveling brat

..L.T.A.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
This may be what causes some con******:

A double-insulated power tool that uses a two-prong (ungrounded) plug would need to have the entire cord replaced if the plug is damaged. Say, your Milwaukee side grinder.

A tool using a grounded plug is a different story. You can't make splice repairs or fix areas of worn insulation with heat-shrink, but you can certainly replace an end connector.
From the OSHA web site:
I can understand a repair shop insisting a worn or damaged cord be replaced, but we would have quite a stock of cord if we had to replace the whole thing everytime a tech broke off a ground pin.

PS: The word in the first sentence is con******. for some reason the BB screwed this up and won't let me fix it.

PPS: Is ****** a banned word?

PPPS: Not nuclear fission, but nuclear ******.

I stand corrected....I was warned by an OSHA inspected many years ago and took it for gospel. We had 20k in possible violations to fix and we were not even the ones that they came to inspect. The cords were one that he was pretty serious about...thanks for correcting 15 years of bad info...I replaced hundred of cords in the time that could have been replaced yeah....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

I'm right about those D/C motors also...............:lol:......:lol:.......:headbang:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I've learn to go online and research any parts that will be cheaper to purchase. In your case you had to do what you had to do. But I have saved myself a lot of money from finding parts or whatever it is I need cheaper than what they will charge me at my local shop. Then I just pay them the labor to fix it, or do it myself if its something i can do. I can't get over the mark up for parts in our industry at these shops, its ridiculous. I have found things half the price, if you just do the research first. Most the time even the shipping cost still makes it less.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The thing that really pisses me of about power cords is them ground prongs always come out so easily. Why cant they make the ground prong just a strong as the other 2 prongs?? I think their is a conspirosy amongst power cord manufacturers to make these ground prongs so the come out so easily. That is why the shelves at HD are full of power cord ends.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Our ground plug usually "fall off" because a tech doesn't want to go get an adapter. We charge them $10 to repair the damage.

I stand corrected....I was warned by an OSHA inspected many years ago and took it for gospel.
The OSHA guy just misapplied the rule. I doubt any inspector knows more than a small percentage of the rules well enough to understand why they were written. There's just too many rules.

The last time the fire dept. came through I made them show me the regulation that spelled out what they were telling us we had to do. They couldn't find any regulation because it didn't exist. We've spent money to "fix" something one agency said we had to do immediately, then had another agency tell us that we'd be fined if we didn't put it back the way it was.

I've learned to check into anything that doesn't make sense.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What a storm in a tea cup, then Greg don't come back to answer some criticism.

I was going to say that I found it interesting that he didn't request a quote for the repair prior to the job being done, as he said it was.

The Steve T blows me away saying that Greg's bill was ONLY an estimate.

Sheesh :bullshit:

We also have strict laws concerning electrical items and how they must be repaired, etc;

Many years back, I completed a course where I can test and tag all of my own electrical equipment.

The machine that I use to ensure safety and that all wires are connected properly, costs me over a grand back then.

But it has been worth it's weight in gold as I can keep a record of what machines are in current tag (no pun intended), also when they are due for testing.

I am only allowed to test and tag my own equipment.

As others have said, I also cut those long fixed leads and just run a short "pig-tail" and hook up with an extension lead of the length I require for the job.

Sometimes, :dejection: some of you people make me wonder what planet you're on.

If you're not happy with something, tell the person concerned not just go blabbing your big mouth off, then you may get greater respect from your peers.

Or find out that you were wrong in your assumptions to start with.

:stir:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Can agree greg took this too far but some of you are enjoying it a little too much also...

Some of you just wait for an opportunity to kick dirt on the guy.
jmo

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Shane MB is notorious for dog piles.

The rules are simple don't make an ass of yourself and you won't get piled on. :winky:

Greg had to have something else going on, a stressed day, something. He's normally a cool cucumber, so he had to be upset by something else and the estimate was just the last straw.

Actually I'm impressed they use Rover's! Yep impressed they finally figure out one way to dry those Berbers :p

Greg is a good guy, we all have bad days, yesterday was his.

Shut up Marty!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Shane MB is notorious for dog piles.

The rules are simple don't make an ass of yourself and you won't get piled on. :winky:

Greg had to have something else going on, a stressed day, something. He's normally a cool cucumber, so he had to be upset by something else and the estimate was just the last straw.

Actually I'm impressed they use Rover's! Yep impressed they finally figure out one way to dry those Berbers :p

Greg is a good guy, we all have bad days, yesterday was his.

Shut up Marty!

LOL

I hear ya, try to be super careful about what i write but its only a matter of time before i slip up.... :bullshit:

Mikey P

Administrator
Greg..

time for you to say something buddy.

We all make mistakes in our big familia here, fess up that you goofed and all will be forgiven.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Can agree greg took this too far but some of you are enjoying it a little too much also...

Some of you just wait for an opportunity to kick dirt on the guy.
jmo

Were you around when Greg came on and a lot of guys got a bit upset with him? I don't think guys are enjoying it too much....perhaps a bit..

Don't forget that Greg was the one that kept on insisting on suing everyone for total dumbass reasons...like using the words pet package or whatever. Not to mention his 1099ers being his employees and some of the practices they have to employ in order to actually make money..over the advertised price
And of course his constant boasting rubs a lot of people the wrong way...$1200 suits 65 feet yacht the Vette...etc etc. Many of us may have nicer better bigger stuff but don't feel the need to always bring it up and make sure everyone knows it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Why bitch and moan about something and get a response from the company and not even come back to defend your stance or apologize for the situation?

Reactions: Art Kelley

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
We spoke yesterday. Awaiting his call back 678-996-3470
Ofer, I don't think Greg even "tried" to start with! Sigh...

Greg, Greg, Greg,
All of this DRAMA could have been avoided with a simple phone call. (And Chris Bowling has called you twice- he was on hold the first time for 15 minutes and then called back and left you a message along with sending you an email today asking you to call him.) Here is the truth:

1. Greg, the repair that is posted is an Estimate only; Jon-Don has NOT performed any work on the machine other than diagnosing the problem with the equipment and you have not been charged one cent. (So no, Greg, you have not been "ripped off"! Sheesh!)

2. The original Repair Estimate did have two errors on it. First, the freight for the part needs to be removed and the total labor should be one hour (30 minutes for diagnostic & 30 minutes for the repair). Both of these changes could have been addressed with a simple phone call or at check-out. So the amount you would have been charged when the invoice/repair order was checked over is:
Parts - Power cord & two sets up electrical pins $76.48 (cord $42, pin each $17.24)
Labor - One hour
Total Parts & Labor - $155.48 + tax

Greg, we repair hundreds (heck, maybe thousands!) of items every day at Jon-Don. And if someone isn't happy we want to know about it AND we WILL make it right. So thanks (I think) for letting us know about your concerns.

But remember, Greg, you haven't even been charged a penny. (Your only "cost" has been the managerial dilution created when you posted what could have been cleared up with a 3 minute phone call or email.) All this unneeded drama... pass the popcorn please! :)

Steve

PS Oh, and by the way, Greg, please call Chris Bowling. He misses you! :)

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Perhaps fly off the handle a little bit but I'm dismayed. i also believe that this type of public discussion gets the attention of higher ups who then decide to affect change. Whether you are my size or you are a one man band, you should be able to take equipmet in without the fear of being dinged unresonably. John informed me that they are taking steps change this! Thank God! i believe that large companies like JonDon sometimes need to hear this publically. I personally know of over a dozen people in the Atlanta market that feel they are severly overcharged and "claim" they have reported it. Yes I ruffled feathers. Steve, i appreciate everything you do and your teaching that the core belief system of your business should show in every faccet of your business. I apologize for your getting drug into this. To their Credit Jondon has reached out and it working to resolve this.
I'm confused. Is Greg the smart intellectual he appeared at Mikefest or is he this fly off the handle and act like a big baby when shit doesn't go his way???

Seriously why would you not ask, not allow someone respond and justify their bill? Is there more to this?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Goofed? Hmmmm. Can't say that... Over-reacted , perhaps.... i can't believe this got 75 posts!!!!!!
Truth be told _ believe the JonDON in itself is an incredible company that knows this industry and its products inside and out. Rita Berry, Cris, Steve, Nick, etc are all incredible people that care about their customer and their best interests! I just don't feel the same way about its service departmet.....
Greg..

time for you to say something buddy.

We all make mistakes in our big familia here, fess up that you goofed and all will be forgiven.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Were you around when Greg came on and a lot of guys got a bit upset with him? I don't think guys are enjoying it too much....perhaps a bit..

Don't forget that Greg was the one that kept on insisting on suing everyone for total dumbass reasons...like using the words pet package or whatever. Not to mention his 1099ers being his employees and some of the practices they have to employ in order to actually make money..over the advertised price
And of course his constant boasting rubs a lot of people the wrong way...$1200 suits 65 feet yacht the Vette...etc etc. Many of us may have nicer better bigger stuff but don't feel the need to always bring it up and make sure everyone knows it...

You forgot about the acres of oceanfront property he is going to buy when he retires.... :eekk:

That kind of stuff never gets to me personally, all guys brag about past athletic feats, money, cars, womins...
Whatever.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Goofed? Hmmmm. Can't say that... Over-reacted , perhaps.... i can't believe this got 75 posts!!!!!!
Truth be told _ believe the JonDON in itself is an incredible company that knows this industry and its products inside and out. Rita Berry, Cris, Steve, Nick, etc are all incredible people that care about their customer and their best interests! I just don't feel the same way about its service departmet.....
Thanks, Greg! None of us at Jon-Don (including our service people) are perfect. But we ALL work every day on improving. We're already reviewing our service procedures to see if we can avoid having another lapse in the future.

Steve

PS In the defense of service departments everywhere it is MUCH more difficult communicating, coordinating and performing service work on thousands of different items than selling a case of pre-spray!

Last edited:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I'm not sure what amazes me more. The fact that Greg didn't replace the cord (or plug) himself or that Steve admits it's took 30 minutes for the service dept to diagnose the problem.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
I'm not sure what amazes me more. The fact that Greg didn't replace the cord (or plug) himself or that Steve admits it's took 30 minutes for the service dept to diagnose the problem.
Hey Dave,
Probably that "half hour diagnosis" was what most of us would call a "minimum charge service call".

And even with a half hour labor charge my guess is Greg's time running his business is more valuable than that. So replacing the plug would have been a "Displacement Activity" for him. (But maybe not for someone else.)

Steve

PS BTW, Dave, how the heck are you? Is the business still humming along and giving you Personal Freedom? :)

Willy P

Name
Willy P

"Were you around when Greg came on and a lot of guys got a bit upset with him? I don't think guys are enjoying it too much....perhaps a bit.."

A whole freaking bunch! Not a bit.

"And of course his constant boasting rubs a lot of people the wrong way...$1200 suits 65 feet yacht the Vette...etc etc. Many of us may have nicer better bigger stuff but don't feel the need to always bring it up and make sure everyone knows it.."

Stroking yourself in public? Phredaphelia,( wait for the attack- I just rang Pavlov's dinner bell) or uncommon insecurities, combined with a bloated ego and narcissistic disorder....

Which only exposes the insecurities even more
. Sue me arsewipe.

Greg lost all credibility when he was panhandling for one of his workers that passed on. He supposedly makes millions, but refused to foot the bill for an employee or contractors final costs and came here looking for donations.Really disgusting.

Anything that gets stuck to him is well deserved.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Steve I am way over due for another SFS program. I am adding a second office girl April 1st and a 4th truck so I need more education and guidance on how to manage this thing. I have been laying low for the past few years enjoying my freedom and spending a lot of time with my boys. About 6 months ago I spoke to Howard while in Dallas and mentioned I was conflicted. I stopped trying to grow my business and had little input on a daily basis on running it. It still grew by 15% each year. I mentioned I stopped dreaming and setting new goals. Well after a weekend with HP and you know I left with a bigger dream and started growing the business again. My employees were wanting to grow as well and it didn't take much to realize I was holding them back. We set the goal 6 months ago and here we are with a new truck and office girl coming on board. Looks like I'll have to start putting in some extra hours. I'm not sure but I may have to work 20 - 25 hours a week!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Steve I am way over due for another SFS program. I am adding a second office girl April 1st and a 4th truck so I need more education and guidance on how to manage this thing. I have been laying low for the past few years enjoying my freedom and spending a lot of time with my boys...
Nothing wrong with "laying low", David!

Steve

PS You really do need to come back to SFS! We've totally changed the direction of the program into how the average cleaner can tweak things to become an "absentee owner" IF they wish. Or just make more money which isn't a bad thing either. But then it sounds like you've already achieved both of these things so come on back and explain to the class how you did it! :)

Back
Top Bottom