Has anybody heard from Bristor?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'm really disappointed that this thread got away from calling out the a'hole Bristor and turned into a bash KH thread. The title should be changed so people like me wanting to see bristor bashed won't keep wasting their time coming here.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I waste alot of time coming here.

I wasted some more time going to Cleanfax and trying to find the glide ad that Mr. IWON'TDISCUSSHYDROGENPEROXIDE was talking about.

No ad.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
admiralclean said:
I waste alot of time coming here.

I wasted some more time going to Cleanfax and trying to find the glide ad that Mr. IWON'TDISCUSSHYDROGENPEROXIDE was talking about.

No ad.

STFU Marty and order the baby blue already
:evil:

As for ad it shows holes,hybrids and regular slots as being "legal" glides. I thought only one complete slot was thee so called legal glide

Mikey P

Administrator
For Ken's sake, I wonder if triptothan messes with the Lithium?

nothing worse then a big family spat at the dining room table over who pays for the pumpkin pie.

Greenie

I am now telling my cold weather guys, dude...if you smack this new generation chinese coolcuff on the ground in 20 deg. weather, it will crack....so don't do that. I remememebr the days the original American made cuffs would hold up to all kinds of abuse, still have one or two around, couldn't kill them.

Ya think Bristor will warranty the cracked ones, what about HydroForce?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I haven't had a problem in cold weather with my cuffs, but the lil better hose itself is cRap!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Someone that Joe will actually talk to needs to call him. The old ones would take -degree temps and not even blink. They must have changed the chemical make up of the plastic.

I thought Michael's was an anomoly when we talked about it. I'll talk to CRW tomorrow about it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

This is true...I have some of the older ones and they are a good thick plastic that can take a beating....

I was looking at some of the new ones and the plastic seems thinner and lighter weight..

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
JUt to clarify my cuff did not crack it shattered into many peices, i just stood there and picked up my shattered $40 plastic.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
dealtimeman said:
JUt to clarify my cuff did not crack it shattered into many peices, i just stood there and picked up my shattered $40 plastic.
I can't remember was that one you got from me or cobb? call me tomorrow and we'll get something worked out since it isn't the anomoly I previously thought.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
We have had customers with this problem as well. Since we are in California, we don't get cold enough to shatter, we put one in the freezer overnight, then tossed it on the floor of the shop. It shattered. :(

If anyone bought any from GG's and have had this issue, contact me and I'll refund your money.

Take care,
Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I just got off the phone with Hydro-Force. They are going to get ahold of Joe and see what they can do to address this. Will post what I hear back.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
why doesn't someone tell joe, just have them made in america again, by the same quaility as the oringal ones where. and just charge more for them. I am surprised Bpoint hasn't figured a way around his patent and started making their own. the first ones didn't even need the latch, didn't leak, etc. infact I bought a total of 3 sets, 2 where the new latching style, the first set was the ones with the hard thin raised lines on them. a while back I went to my backup unit an took the beat up ole originals off and put them on my main unit.

Looks like I'll hold off on buying cool cuffs for a while. Are these just the swivel ones that are shattering, or the latch style also?

Greenie

steve g said:
why doesn't someone tell joe, just have them made in america again, by the same quaility as the oringal ones where. and just charge more for them.
That is a novel idea, but NEW molds would be 6 figures, not gonan happen anytime soon, too small of a market.

I am surprised Bpoint hasn't figured a way around his patent and started making their own.
They (or someone else) would have already, but upfront investment (see above) quells this interest, too many parts in the "system".
Besides, there are currently alternative locking hose cuffs (more than one design) and they don't even get press time, cause currently the coolcuff is teh best design going.

the first ones didn't even need the latch, didn't leak, etc. infact I bought a total of 3 sets, 2 where the new latching style, the first set was the ones with the hard thin raised lines on them. a while back I went to my backup unit an took the beat up ole originals off and put them on my main unit.

It is my understanding that the "latch" only came about because of a certain Franchise required some form of lock to assure the cuffs would not disengage on hi-rise work, and to be fair with the chinese molds and quality control now he is stuck with keeping the latch because the current cuffs won't stay engaged Like the old ones did, which is why I think so many are going nuts over the swivels. :roll:

G

I stuck my helper in the freezer overnite - this morning I dropped him in the driveway and he shattered .

John Watson

James Cooper said:
I stuck my helper in the freezer overnite - this morning I dropped him in the driveway and he shattered .

You can mar your record for doing that ya know??? No wonder we can't get compedent help, buttholes like you joking about putting them in the freezer.. It's the people like youse that need to gives themselves an enema wit der 2 inch suction hose hooked to a modified 4.7 that is overreved and running, Oh, yeah, since you are so high classed, to make insertion easier you can use a chromed crevis tool.

Greenie

Bill, THe problem seems to be with the 2.5" cuffs, not so much the 2" cuffs.

Your swivel 2" don't leak?

G

John , sounds like you know the ends and outs of enema procedure . Maybe you need to keep them home remedies at home and private .

Chris A

Name
Chris
John Watson said:
[quote="James Cooper":2jrsb92r]I stuck my helper in the freezer overnite - this morning I dropped him in the driveway and he shattered .

You can mar your record for doing that ya know??? No wonder we can't get compedent help, buttholes like you joking about putting them in the freezer.. It's the people like youse that need to gives themselves an enema wit der 2 inch suction hose hooked to a modified 4.7 that is overreved and running, Oh, yeah, since you are so high classed, to make insertion easier you can use a chromed crevis tool. [/quote:2jrsb92r]

c'mon Watson, that was kinda funny.

Greenie

What is funny...is my freezer is warmer than some of your 1st job set ups. :shock:

Isn't it funny that I had to put it in the shop freezer to see what it was you guys were complaining about? :lol:

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah it's funny, and depressing, Gawd I hate this state sometimes...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom