Help me find the right vacuum cleaner

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Have done which is why I went on the record mate. Get Kilos not grams of dirt with the Kirby. I actually weigh the recovered soil with kitchen scales.

No contest. Only a pile lifter would do better.

I buy my Kirbys second hand. They are hard as nails anyway and parts are cheap and plentiful.

Here ate some videos of my experiences. To each their own.

Thoughts on Shark Navigator
http://youtu.be/OtLSg4KORBc

Kirby doing hotel carpet pre-vac
http://youtu.be/ZrxscIDIMI8

Kirby dry soil extraction after customer's Dyson dc25 ball
http://youtu.be/wHZGNOGuRdY

Kirby absorbent compound extraction
http://youtu.be/zlaUoUq8Vb0

Perhaps you'd be happier with something like Certified's Pike Lifter?

Grant

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Yes it was poo.

Mind you, so are all the bagless machines.

Ya canne change the laws of physics.

Grant

Lefty724

Name
E
I know you want bag less but my ProTeam xp1200 (12") meets every requirement you need.

I was a bag less guy myself for a while but have grown to like bags. Actually love them now.

I still have a Kirby, Royal commercial, Sanitare, Eureka, and Cleartrak sitting around for backups, but still like the ProTeam the best!

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
What type of testing did the Shark go through?
I know that the info-commercials can be pretty exciting at times.

Carpet fiber movement, vacuum shoe seal and maximum unrestricted airflow is the key to a good vacuum.
No vacuum cleaner will retrieve 100% of the soil. How much more dirt is picked up by the "best" compared to the other vacuums we are talking about?
As long as you pre-vacuum you have separated yourself from most of the carpet cleaners.
Oddly enough it's the first thing the tell you to do in carpet cleaning class as well as standard carpet maintenance.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I liked my sharks they fell apart to quickly, my dc17 animal is better but having issues,

I used a customers commercial Oreck great reviews it does some serious pile lifting is light weight

http://www.amazon.com/Oreck-Commerc...8&qid=1380168799&sr=8-3&keywords=oreck+vacuum

Down side no hoses or attachments but it lifts the pile great and the large bag take several days to fill.

Has a ton of great reviews too.

after bags full the Vacuum weight goes up 15 to 20 lbs easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Great brush roll on the Oreck but the reason it takes day to fill the bag is because it has no suction.

Actually its a huge bag and compacts and has a lot of fine dust particulates and dirt.

Think of it this way when you dump your shark the dirt is compacted by the suction in the dirt cup, It expands as you empty it out into a bucket making it look like there's more dirt, when using a bag it stays compacted.

I'll have to open a bag and examine the crap it pulls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Im happy with my dyson. I'm sad to see ray thinks infomercial ,s are entertaining .but knowing his background ,if I needed to replace a vacuum I would take his advice over most other people. Even if that ment getting a small size unit for doing sofas and chairs.

Reactions: Jim Bethel

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
What we do is start the job by doing the skirting boards and edges. We establish ourselves a perimeter around the room of about 15cm, this has been helpful in identifying any potential filtration soil issues. We learnt the value if this after a couple if months of working jobs. The machine is actually stored on the vehicle in a plastic catty tub which keeps it and the vehicle tody. And in the tub the machine is already setup as a canister cleaner do we can begin right away.

This might explain better.

IMG_3342_zps3a40982f.jpg

After that we throw thr deep cleaning head on and start the main areas. If there are stairs we use the Kirby in hand portable mode, same with maters cleaning. We will also use the deep cleaning hand portable mode got some types of upholstery, say a microfiber with heavy pet hair.

Then it's spot treatment and pre-spray and agitation, then extraction.

We will at times use the Kirby to post groom. Had a useful electric groomer function.

At the end of the job, the bag is removed and a new one installed. My helper puts the unit back in the crate ready for the next job. Takes maybe a minute.

While this happens I do post inspection with the customer and I hand them the bag. That way if we've picked up any small items during cleaning so the customer can put the bag near their outside rubbish bin, if something is found to be missing all may not be lost.

It's very cool to see the customer take the / usually heavy / bag from me. We get a few comments too.

"Did all this come out of my carpet?"

A fresh bag on each job means maximum efficiency on each job,

We like to be thorough.

Grant

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I tried the Keeler mod. It just doesn't sustain the airflow. Insufficient filter area. I'd rather just build the $1.89 for the 9 litre HEPA bag into the service price and bring the big guns out at every job.

Grant

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I don't know the price on a Shark but a Sebo, Sensor or a PV-12 will last you at least 5 years. All you have to do is change the filter bag when the light goes on. Change the brush when another light goes on. Almost never break a belt.
It's light weight, fits under most beds and has everything you need to detail vacuum the entire room.
I can't sell them but John Olson can get them for you.
If you get one I'll come down and show you how to properly vacuum. There really is a correct way to use a vacuum.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
WoW months.... I can see why you're looking for something harder wearing.

Respect.

Grant

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Dry soil recovery is critical that's for sure.

I can't imagine not giving dry extraction the best effort I could.

To think, some don't do it at all.

Grant

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom