How many of you guy's are STUCK..."In NO mans land?"

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
rwcarpet said:
But if you can count on year round work (maybe encapping your commercial custys during the cold weather), then it's a different story.
A good point. I know it is a long slow slog building up a commercial route. But the key is to start the process when you don't need it. Too many cleaners wait till they are desperate and THEN start scrambling!

Jeff Cutshall (who is speaking at MikeFest next month) just finished up a really good manual on how to sell, price and set up a commercial encapsulation route. For those who want to build their business for the winter and/or do so without investing in lot's of TM's and full time employees ya might want to check out what Cutshall has to say ...

http://sfs.jondon.com/6994/resources/sp ... tes-part-1

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS What I really like about Jeff's "route concept" is you run these encap routes with part time employees (not subs) using their own vehicles with a mileage allowance. (Never more than 10-15 hours per week.) This way when things get slow you can lay them off without huge guilt and keep your FT guys busy since your PT'ers will still have their full time job to put beans on their table.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Steve Toburen said:
rwcarpet said:
But if you can count on year round work (maybe encapping your commercial custys during the cold weather), then it's a different story.
A good point. I know it is a long slow slog building up a commercial route. But the key is to start the process when you don't need it. Too many cleaners wait till they are desperate and THEN start scrambling!

Jeff Cutshall (who is speaking at MikeFest next month) just finished up a really good manual on how to sell, price and set up a commercial encapsulation route. For those who want to build their business for the winter and/or do so without investing in lot's of TM's and full time employees ya might want to check out what Cutshall has to say ...

http://sfs.jondon.com/6994/resources/sp ... tes-part-1

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS What I really like about Jeff's "route concept" is you run these encap routes with part time employees (not subs) using their own vehicles with a mileage allowance. (Never more than 10-15 hours per week.) This way when things get slow you can lay them off without huge guilt and keep your FT guys busy since your PT'ers will still have their full time job to put beans on their table.

This was a decent THREAD....before someone reserWRECKED it from the archives... :idea:

Now it is an INfOmErcIaL... :roll:

Name
Jesse
All I want is to be able to run two trucks full time, get paid a good price (I refuse to match the three room 89 dollar deals everyone else is running)

Then why do you want to clean rugs for damn near free?

Growing your business properly can yield a much better lifestyle than working yourself (my opinion/reality). If your smart, you can have someone do all the work and have ALL of your time available for you, not just "make time" available when you want.

On my biggest most profitable days..... I do no work. It's kinda nice.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Brian R said:
Careful Dan...if you start thinking too much you will get on Harper's bad side. :shock:

Dan ...Has promise...!

You are the RaMbLinG FOOL... :x That has sent him into the DITCH... :roll:
That is why YOU are dAnGerOuS... :idea: YOu are TWICE his age & have accomplished
.............................................NOTHING.............................................

And you're twice my age and have accomplished twice that amount. :lol:

My guess is I've done more than you Harper over my career...s
But I don't settle like you do.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
HARPER said:
This was a decent THREAD....before someone reserWRECKED it from the archives... :idea:

Now it is an INfOmErcIaL... :roll:
A "decent thread", Joe? Kinda looked like the same old MB name calling to me!

Not everyone gets to live in a nice, warm climate and has the benefit of many years in business. Some of these folks just might use some of Jeff's ideas to grow and prosper.

Joe, tell ya what. Send me your email to steve.toburen@gmail.com and I'll send you the pdf of Jeff's "Building Encap Routes" manual without signing you up for anything or putting you on any list- word of honor.

Then you look over the information and report back here if you think it is a lot of useless INfOmErcIaL spam or just maybe might be useful to carpet cleaners trying to break into the commercial market. Whadya say?

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Or you guys can just keep on hurling insults at each other.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Sorry if "I" disagree with you gentlemen... :roll:

The ISSUE that .."I".. have with ALL this maRkEting BS...Is that you gentlemen are
PROFITING from these "cookie cutting" Ideas... :roll:

It is NOT that hard...GeeZe..!!!!!!!

HOW many times do you have to sell these guys the SAME STALE :cheeSe sAnDwiCH:
before you realize they are "lactose intolerant"...... :?: :?: :?:

I just try to do a little "60 MINUTE'S",commentary on all of this constant cArnAvaL bArkInG !
One is selling STRATIGIES...The other is selling..."Pie iN thE sKy"...Theories... :!:
EITHER WAY...you are both lining your pocket's....using the young members as TEST RATS..!

If you guys are Sooooooooooo interested in HELPING...."Pull your LINKS"...and offer your
advice for FREE... :idea:

UNTIL that happens.....YOU ARE FAIR GAME.... :x So "put-up or Shut-UP".... !gotcha!

Ps..Steve, "If you continue to associate youself with Sh@T...You are bound yo get some
on you..!!!" "Not everyone can get use-to the smell."

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
HARPER said:
The ISSUE that .."I".. have with ALL this maRkEting BS...Is that you gentlemen are

If you guys are Sooooooooooo interested in HELPING...."Pull your LINKS"...and offer your

UNTIL that happens.....YOU ARE FAIR GAME.... :x So "put-up or Shut-UP".... !gotcha!

Ummmm, Harper... Jeff's manual is FREE, FREE, FREE. No gimmicks, no spam, no slime. Neither Jon-Don, Jeff or I make a penny directly off of someone downloading the manual. I mean, sure, Jon-Don's underhanded and devious marketing idea is to help cleaners be more successful and then MAYBE they might buy something from them. Or from Jeremy or Scotty Warrington or anyone else out there. Pretty sleazy on Jon-Don's part, huh?

Post the encap manual here? Well, we're talking 23 pages of information. (Plus 3 pages afterwards on SFS so I guess ya got me there on promotion but then no one has to read the last 3 pages.) I'm not sure Mikey wants me posting 23 pages here. Anyway, gotta go.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I understand why you are so cynical, Joe. This industry is full of slick-talking con men and companies. That's why I offered you the chance to review the manual and actually prove to yourself that it is or is not "cookie cutter ideas". But whatever ... back to your regularly scheduled bickering ...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:

I just try to do a little "60 MINUTE'S",commentary on all of this constant cArnAvaL bArkInG !
One is selling STRATIGIES...The other is selling..."Pie iN thE sKy"...Theories... :!:
EITHER WAY...you are both lining your pocket's....using the young members as TEST RATS..!

advice for FREE
... :idea:

Ps..Steve, "If you continue to associate youself with Sh@T...You are bound yo get some

I give most if not all of my info away for free...and yes, some of it is nothing new

But it could be "new" to the "new" cleaner.

The only thing I charge for is manual labor...building pages and video and getting them on Google. (also the zip code matrix)

When you start cleaning for free, we'll talk.

You're the first to tell everyone to charge charge charge and don't under cut etc etc.

Harpocrite.

Your cheese sandwich has mold on it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
HARPER said:

Steve ,
The PS in the above post...was not referring to your association with JD... :roll:
I was referring to Robison.. :roll: He is a "TICK"...blood sucker.. :oops:

He is a "NAME DROPPER"...he has to because he has NotHinG... :cry:
He ....uses creditable peoples reputations to LURE the unsuspecting into his TRAP... :x

I HAVE REQUESTED.....FOR ANY MEMBER OF THIS BOARD IF THEY KNOW HIM PERSONALLY..
or..HAVE ANY KNOWLEGE OF HIS BUSINESS PRACTICES....????? "cRiCkEtS"... :roll:

I would REALLY love to here from ONE of his .."SuBS"... :idea:

MIKE has given him a ROOM....Mostly to keep his GaRbAgE in one place... :oops:
The "SidE-eFFecT"....of this move ..IS.. He now has MOD status...This gives the
Illusion to the unsuspecting or NEW, that his rAnTinG's are APPROVED by many on the
board... :shock:

MORE NAME DROPPING.... :roll:
He needs to STAY in His RooM... :x

image001-2-1.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah Harper...so they will have to listen to you spew your crap at them?
Good luck with that.

It takes a certain type of person to put up with a verbally abusive prick like yourself.

I know Steve personally, he's a good guy.

But I don't expect him to associate himself with me or my company at all. That is entirely up to him.
I stand behind SFS and Joh-Don because they are worthy of it.

I've experienced it...unlike yourself...and yet you still bash it. Go figure.

I think your reputation as the outgoing "call you out" guy has fallen to the disgruntled, "I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground" pissed off old man.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Brian R said:
Hey, if you start boiling rabbits....I'm going to get Brent to ban your ass. :shock: :lol:

Do you REALLY.....want to bring family into THIS..... :?: :x

Sorry, I didn't know Brent was related to you...or are you speaking of the rabbit?

S

sam miller

No mans land??? Ya I wonder when I'm super busy why not add another truck?
Overhead insurance the ability to keep it busy!

I find when ever I even think about another truck My phones stop ringing for a day.

I say what really going on I cant do this forever and I'm certainly not making my son into a carpet cleaner! He helps and is good even at 16 years old but college full time and what God puts on his heart.

I dont mind him knowing what I know as an option, but you know there's something to 2 to 3 weeks paid vacation healthcare and retirement if you can get it.

Still eventually I can cut my marketing down live on less and have 2 trucks running where I can do a little less and not feel like my arms and hands are falling off.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
sam miller said:
I dont mind him knowing what I know as an option, but you know there's something to 2 to 3 weeks paid vacation healthcare and retirement if you can get it.
Hey, I've got 2-3 weeks (and more) vacation this month (phone stopped ringing) health care and Keogh plan with no a-hole boss. Also no employees freaking out. Life is good.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
everyone want's instant gratification..and it just don't work that way....the industry hypes it up to make it look so easy to build a company and make a living cleaning carpets.....so every joe on the street that has a few bucks and absolutely no clue on what it takes to run a business spends it on some type of equipment thinking they are going to get rich over night...once they figure out it is not as easy as lead to believe.....panic sets in....then they are taking any and every low paying job they can find thinking that they are making a buck....but in reality...they are only working to here there new equipment run and are dying a slow painful death.......so then more panic sets in and they spend there last little bit of coin on what they think is the latest and greatest marketing plan out there and as they are digging that hole...the people that made money off of them are are slowly filling in the dirt over top of them.........and this is what will put you in " no mans land " .........and then sooner or later your equipment on ebay.......................

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Jim Martin said:
everyone want's instant gratification..and it just don't work that way....
So true, Jim. I freely admit that much of my so called "success" (especially in my early years) was due to my being too dumb and too stubborn to quit.

Steve "I'm no guru" Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Of course, most of my career "down in the trenches" was before the Internet came along so given the support found here you guys have NO EXCUSE not to excel!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Doug Cox said:
or FAIL. Goes both ways.

very true.......failure or success....is on you...it is how you structure your company......and there is nothing out there that is going to help you....you have to figure it out yourowndamnself..........and once you get over that block wall.......you damn well better know where you want it to be 10 years from now.......business plans sucks......goals give you something to work towards......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom