How many would prefer 2" hose in 75' lengths?

Greenie

instead of 50' lengths?

note, I said 2".

I'm thinking mostly for a lead hose, but some may want more.

What is your preferred hose color? Blue, Orange, Grey?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Light Blue. Most of my runs are 2.5 to the front door 50 ft. Then another 50 for 2 inch. I have to have Light Blue Hose. Company colors.

Golden Boy

TimP

If we were all using 2" hose only then 75 wouldn't be a bad idea in some cases. Mixing 75 and 50 would save 25 ft instead of having to do a 150 ft run. I think 25 ft runs would be better. You would have more cuffs that way and splices but you could better maximize your vacuum this way.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
TimP said:
If we were all using 2" hose only then 75 wouldn't be a bad idea in some cases. Mixing 75 and 50 would save 25 ft instead of having to do a 150 ft run. I think 25 ft runs would be better. You would have more cuffs that way and splices but you could better maximize your vacuum this way.

YOU'RE JUST SCHILLING FOR A CUFF SALESMAN!

Sorry, I got caught up in this whole witch hunt that's been going on. :roll: :)

TimP

I don't care nothing about what kind of cuffs but you do have to have more cuffs if your lengths are shorter right? Or am I wrong? I know with greenie's coupler you can use bare hose so I suppose it don't matter or does it?

R

R W

I personally would purchase 75 foot lengths. I always seem to be 10-15 foot short on the 50 foot runs. I even get my pressure hose in 60 foot lengths, cause it's just enough on some jobs.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Vincent said:
I mentioned that to you before and you said, no one does that, wtf.

I think that is the point. No one does that but maybe they would if it was an option.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Just playing the devils advocate here, but doesn't a 25' hose added to any 50' hose make 75' of hose?

With the right hose cuff system (no vac loss and easy to use)... actually hoses in 25 ft.sections make more sense in that you will use only what you need.
For practical reasons I would say a few 25' sections and 50' sections to mix & match as the individual job dictates...

JMHO

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Not me. Been thinkin about chopin a 50' into 25s. But I'm goin to 2.5 asap. I use blue cuz I think it doesn't show the wear as much as grey or orange.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
We have been thinking of getting a few more lengths of 2.5" and using less 2" hose. Even the 2.5" could be used in 25' sections if needed.
Thanks Greenie!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I wouldn't want it.

I am seriously going to go to all 2.5" hose next year, and only keep 25' of 2inch.

This is how my 2inch is setup on my reel right now in this order. 2-25's, a 50, 2-25's, a 50, 2-25's...your always the right amount. I also carry a 25' solution line for those 125's...or 75's...

50 is a great length, and cut it in half and you have 25 and 50.

Glynn

Iv'e been using a 2" for years as the first off the reel. It's permanantly as 75ft. Just a 50' and a 25' joined by soaking in boiling water and using a barb, push it on hard and you cant get it off without cutting it off.
I find 50' is usually not long enough for most jobs but 75' is.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I do the 25' cuts...............

saves me from having to have to much extra just laying around......

steve g

Name
steve garrett
greenie you sure are aweful worried about your hose :lol: I prefer the regular light blue, orange and yellow suck as they show dirt the most and look horrible quick, I think a 50 with a 75 would be about ideal and would help me get to alot more jobs without breaking out the 3rd 50 footer

danpauselius

I carry my 250 feet of hose in 1 foot sections; so I can maximize my blower's power. When you add up the cuffs, I get an extra 200 feet of length, LOL.

Greenie

thanks for all the input....except Martin.

We do get the guys Like Vincent that ask for a 75' lengths, and even the odd request for a full 100' length. But the final push for me to put it on the board was the sheer volume of request we have for 75' and 125' lengths of solution line.

Even on my own truck I seemed to pull 125' of hose about 90% of the time, it's just a common hose run.

With the 2.5" hose users being the exception rather than the rule, when you think back to just using 2", would having your lead hose be a 75 footer have been a good thing? What would be the advantage of it?

One hose for short runs, and no need to break it down as you got closer to the truck cause it's a shorter hose.

One less cuff, one less connector.

Any more?

For non 2.5" hose users you would only need two lengths and a single connector to span 150', that would be cool, especially for working off of a 5 story bldg.

Bottom line: what would be the disadvantage?

So far All I see is the inability to break it down 25' at a time?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My first two sections are 25 ft to carry into a home without dragging across the floor.

The next section is 50 feet followed by another 25 foot section.

So in essence I have the first two sections being 25 ft each , then a 50 footer, then another 25 footer.

Then breaking it down,
2-25 ft hoses
1-50 ft hose
1-25 ft hose

Now these are joined on my hose reel and taken off and carried in .

So not to confuse you if I pull off my hose off the reel it will have the first two sections being 25 ft each , connected to a 50 ft section and that being connected to a 25 ft section.

all this is would up on my hose reel.

E-mail me if you don't quite get the logistics of this.

Remember I am here to help.

G

I use 25 foot sections with cuffs. I have no hose reel either. I like it in this length because I can detach 25 ft when I work out the door so to speak. I think 125 of solution line is perfect. I can reach just about any house where I live with this amount of hose.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
I am glad you asked the question Greenie as I can now presume that the vac hose you currently sell is in 50 foot sections.

roro

Greenie

yes we sell 50 footers, does anyone else sell something different?

I just ordered one pallet of blue 75' sections to be made, gonna give it a whirl, never know it'll at least make a couple of guys been waiting on it happy.

John Watson

And if it don't sell you can just wack off the extra 25' and have a special sale on it. Above is a list of guys who want it...

Believe it or not I cut a 50 tonight to make 2 25s, got rid of my 1 1/2 whip for the new wand..

Back
Top Bottom