How many would prefer 2" hose in 75' lengths?

Greenie

I sympathize with the Knock 25' off as you go crowd, but one thing I found, if you make performance enhancements, you ain't sweating that extra length of hose, just kick it outside the door, cause when she's suckin' like a banshee it don't matter, and I hate having a cuff connection inside the house, so the 25' wouldn't work for me.

How about the guys pulling 300' frequently for commercial work, even 100' sections would be cool if you did a lot of that work.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You hate having a cuff connection inside the house?

Why?

And how often does an ex-window cleaner who is now an internet salesman experience cuff connections inside a house, anyway?

Greenie

r u serious?
the less connections the better, just one more thing to get caught on a corner, why would you have one if you didn't need it?

I suppose you like brass QDs 25' behind the wand as well?

I thought pig farmers were smarter than that, sounds like you been listening to Jimmy, like the blind leading the blind.

I can't believe I thought you were serious for a min...I should have known better.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Metal solution line quick connects are one thing, and plastic hose cuff's are another.

I run a continuous, live solution line for the very reason were are discussing, but there is no need, in my opinion, to worry with rubber or plastic hose cuffs. The vacuum line itself is abrasive enough to do damage to corners so that you don't ever want to slide them around a corner. All the cuff does is stop the slide as the cuff reaches the corner.

The hose itself is more damaging than the cuff, if you ask me.

Plus, dealing with an extra 50 feet of hose coiled at the doorway, or around the back of your truck is a pita. Give me a couple of 25's and the rest 50's.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Anyone who isn't deaf dumb AND blind knows that at hose joins there is the risk of some loss of vacuum not to mention the possibility of it catching a corners the leg of some piece of furniture.
We carry in a clean 50ft vacuum hose and one spare 25 ft vac hose for when you need a bit more - works for us.

Only problem with a very long solution line is you'd better have a spare because when it goes you're screwed - though I suspect Marty is quite used to that. We have our own crimping machine but its still a hassle to have to come back so each truck carries some spare hoses.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, you mentioned that you run 50 and 25' lengths, so in your odd sort of way, you are agreeing with me.

As for the slight vacuum loss at each hose cuff, I ask the question, how much suction do you really need? I'm getting 1.5 hour drying times now, with a 36 blower. Will any faster drying really matter? Will it make dealing with 75 ft. hose sections worth it?

Not for me, I'd have to say.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
I sympathize with the Knock 25' off as you go crowd, but one thing I found, if you make performance enhancements, you ain't sweating that extra length of hose, just kick it outside the door, cause when she's suckin' like a banshee it don't matter, .

now wait a minute..

if the intention of all the mods and larger, more bulkier hose is to maximize performance, then why go backwards??
it "don't matter" if there's a heap of hose piled up out side the door??

anyway... 75ft gets us to most res (I'd estimate 65%) and 100ft gets us to 90%+.
Our reel is filled with (in the order it comes off)
25ft (we carry that in)
50ft
25ft
50ft
50ft

if the average run was 100ft, 75ft length would be the way to go
it would go behind the 25ft'r that's carried in

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

I see right through this 75-100 foot hose campaign.

Greenie is secretly trying to reduce and ultimately eliminate the need for cuffs altogether causing hardship on Bristor and forcing him to just sell his lawn dart hose raising thingamajigs

Name
steve snail
Have 25'x2" hung in truck
50'x2" first on reel, followed by
2 50'x2.5" followed by 50'x2"

Ya's got me thinking though. The second 50' section of 2.5" maybe cut it in half for two 25x2.5's?

Would that be sacrilegious? Cutting a perfectly good 50'x2.5 in half?

Greenie

If ya cut it or not it's up to you, but one thing that stands out about 2.5" hose, it doesn't matter if you have an extra 25' sprawled out on the ground, you can't tell. So maybe don't cut it if you don't need to?

Greenie

Steve, you would still throw 50' over your shoulder, just drag the rest, no biggie.

ps: 75' sections are now avail. Blue only.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom