I loathe the Drimaster!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I replaced the head of my upholstery tool this summer because the metal glide or lip was catching the fabric and giving me inconsistent and uneven cleaning. I don't know about you big shots but I can't believe something like this costs @ $500. When I charge a custy big money, I try to give them big quality and service. This is a pic from today. Should I just chuck this thing in the trash and go for the SS that everyone loves?
ate6ujyj.jpg

The Clean Machine

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Got rid of mine several years ago for similar reasons.

Good riddance said I.

My favourites now are the:

HydroKinetic & the Sapphire Scientific hand tools.

The SS is marginally lighter than the HK.

For most upholstery I choose the tool depending on the curves and tightness of the fabric.

I believe I get a better dry time with the HK.

For big runs of large flat expanses, the HK is for me.

Everyone has a different idea of their tool of choice.

Not too many (apparently) choose the DriMaster, unless they want a cheaper priced tool.

There's also a reason why tools are priced cheaper. :frown: :winky:

:yoda:

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm a little put out because this is clearly a design flaw of the DM. I had to buy the new head for cost @ $60 that was supposed to fix the problem. Now, just a couple months later, same thing. Some of you hot shots can find $500 in your sofa, but not the Kid. I spend that kind of scratch on an upholstery tool, I expect it to practically clean for me while I sit back and watch it all happen.

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bought the DM several years ago and replaced the head early this past Summer at my expense. I guess it's worth giving them a call to see if they'll do anything for me.

The Clean Machine

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
With all the hoopla around the SS tool. There are quite a few good cleaners here that like the Pmf tool:

20.jpg

It is priced reasonably. Cleans great and beside the brass valve, will last forever. Even if you prefer the SS tool, it will be smart for you to have it as a back up tool. I'd get the 3" with the hide a hose. Had the SS and sold it. I much prefer this one.

If PMF got off their collective butt and finally provided a decent valve with this tool, it would be nice though!!

PMF?

Last edited:
Reactions: Willy P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Doyle and Marcus from HydraMaster have jumped on this issue and are taking great care of me and the situation with the tool. Marcus told me they are aware of this design flaw and they have gone back to the drawing board with a completely new design being released sometime soon. Thanks guys!

The Clean Machine

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I hope they replace the tool for you out of courtesy for selling a tool not suitable for the job it was designed for.

It pleases my heart when I see manufacturers &/or distributors take note and action on constructive criticism of their products that have been posted of forums.

I've always been a believer that if a product is not suitable for the job it was designed for, then it should either be replaced or purchase price refunded in full.
:yoda:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Kevin McCreary
I had 3 rotary dri masters, all three had belt slipping issues and they spit grease on carpets within 90 days of the purchase. I talked with them several times and never could get it resolved. I ran into the president at the time at the jon don customer appreciateiton day as I was having these problems. I can't remember the guys name I don't think he is there anymore. He was a complete DICK about the problem. That was the biggest waste of 9 grand. I would quit cleaning if I had to use products from them. I had a Titan 650 too, someone should tell their overengineering department that water, heat, vibrations, and computers can't all go in the same box.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Now it's sharp lips. Boy, it makes biting your tongue quite a dangerous project.

By the way, are you still biting that tongue, cowboy? When you let go, watch for them sharp lips. :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok but you asked for it! :p

1. Edges on the head are too sharp. Rub too close to the arm and you could potentially snag fabrics
2. Funky hanger, fixed would be better. It tends to loosen up and slide over time.
3. Cheap valve/ trigger assembly. Does hold up to high heat and corrodes very easily
4. A pain to clean the jet out. You have to take the whole spray system apart.
5. No inline filter to keep the jet from clogging.
6. Connection is up too close to the tool. It will cause the disconnect to pull extra weight on your arm and fatigue quicker. It also gets in the way.
7. Vac relief in the way on tool head
8. No glide, more drag, fatigue faster

Ok I’ll admit I could only come up with 8. :winky:

For the money it is a good value, especially if you don’t do a lot of upholstery. However if you clean upholstery regularly, I’d invest in a better tool.

Reactions: Shorty

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ok but you asked for it! :p

1. Edges on the head are too sharp. Rub too close to the arm and you could potentially snag fabrics
2. Funky hanger, fixed would be better. It tends to loosen up and slide over time.
3. Cheap valve/ trigger assembly. Does hold up to high heat and corrodes very easily
6. Connection is up too close to the tool. It will cause the disconnect to pull extra weight on your arm and fatigue quicker. It also gets in the way.
8. No glide, more drag, fatigue faster

Ok I’ll admit I could only come up with 8. :winky:

For the money it is a good value, especially if you don’t do a lot of upholstery. However if you clean upholstery regularly, I’d invest in a better tool.

I have only one word: BUNKkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Edges on the head are too sharp. Rub too close to the arm and you could potentially snag fabrics.
- Train your employees better sir Richard. Been cleaning with that tool for at least 10- 15 years (can't remember exactly, been cleaning too long) never snagged a single fiber. Surely you're aware that when your employees do water damage, they should not pry the kitchen's cabinet off the wall with the Pmf tool! That's what the ProChem upholstery tool is for :winky:

- I don't have a clue what that "hanger" means. Educate me please.

3. Cheap valve/ trigger assembly. Does hold up to high heat and corrodes very easily.
- You're absolutely right. Shame on PMF. Put a decent valve PMF- you cheapskates!!

- If you filter your water, as you should, before it enters the jet, you will not have this problem or at least hardly ever. Happened once to me. And it is a bit of a pain to do, but not that difficult. Send your over in bulk and I am sure we can mutually benefit our companies.

- See above.

- Did you consider a hide a hose? Or if you want the cheaper tool, give it a little slack, cover quick connect with heat shield and tighten with a small bungee or a Velcro strip and- voila. Though the hide a hose is much easier and more convenient.

- Love the vac relief, easily opened and closed with a flick of my thumb. Your employees do come equipped with a thumb, don't they? Though I am not sure how it goes in Kansas :winky:

8. No glide, more drag, fatigue faster.
- It does not need a glide. It is smooth and runs nicely on the fabric. Particularly if you pull the fabric up a little to allow deep rinse and super fast drying. Fast drying after a deep rinse!! Not a water fluff that does not rinse much at all, as some tools I know :winky:

So, when are you sending your employees for training Richard? No COD please :winky:

Also ask "Detroit's Best", who's an upholstery cleaning stud about the above tool. He may be able to provide you with the necessary training at a fraction of the CA cost. I teach Hebrew for mucho dinero, you my friend, I teach your employees a few choice words in Hebrew for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolly Llama

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't have a clue what that "hanger" means. Educate me please.
The valve hanger is not fixed (welded on) it tightens with a screw…….and loosens over time.

Hide a hose does work but you’re investing more money into a cheap setup.

Love the vac relief, easily opened and closed with a flick of my thumb. Your employees do come equipped with a thumb, don't they? Though I am not sure how it goes in Kansas
Rarely use the vac relief and when the upholstery is that delicate I’d probably use a portable or just a tank vacuum to vacuum and hand towel or bonnet.

Ofer I can send my tech's out to you for training BUT you’ll have to explain to them why you’re using 20-year old upholstery cleaning tools to clean with.

We have a word for that out here on the plains……it’s “Malpractice”. :p

Hey different strokes for different folks......just don't snag the fabric while stroking!!! :winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ofer I can send my tech's out to you for training BUT you’ll have to explain to them why you’re using 20-year old upholstery cleaning tools to clean with.

We have a word for that out here on the plains……it’s “Malpractice”. :p

Hey different strokes for different folks......just don't snag the fabric while stroking!!! :winky:

We have another word for it here, it's called a classic. Just like you Sir Richard, when it works well it never gets old.
Al tihiye mastool.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
My dri master has started messing up almost right away I got a clog and had to take out around 50 screws to open it up. when I put it back together it leaked water everywhere. Sucks. should have got the ss. The metal piece on my tool did the same thing

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You guys should not cross the street all by yourselves :winky:.

For y'all its the ProChem upholstery tool. Durability and indestructibility only to be surpassed by the Hydra hoe.

Coming to think of it Richard, didn't you send your techs to be trained all the way down in New Mex by George on cleaning upholstery with the hydra hoe?

Back
Top Bottom