I really want a Butler, but...

Name
Evets
I've been talking to Butler for a couple of months and REALLY like their system for all the obvious reasons. I want the 210 waste tank, but that set up leaves very little room for all the tools needed to clean carpet and tile these days. I was told a regular size van has 21 x 31 inches of open space in the rear, and the extended van has 21 x 50 inches of space.
Does anyone have a Butler with the 210 waste tank? If so, do you pull a cargo trailer behind it for your tools? I really want one, but...

hogjowl

Idiot™
IMG_1319.JPG IMG_1406.JPG IMG_1403.JPG

Name
Evets
OMG!!! Is it really necessary to carry 3 of everything on the van (I hate clutter) ? The water softener wouldn't be needed where I live, so I guess there is enough room.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If you need the van more "open", just don't get the back shelves(which are huge). A three tiered shelf will work fine. It's up to you how it's set up.

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I have often thought of trading in my van for a short box tractor trailer. But alas I don't have a CDL and backing up might be an issue in residential driveways.

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
The 210 gallon tank takes up no additional floor space. The legs on the hose reel are shorter and it sits on top of the tank.

Name
Jeff T
Wo
I've been talking to Butler for a couple of months and REALLY like their system for all the obvious reasons. I want the 210 waste tank, but that set up leaves very little room for all the tools needed to clean carpet and tile these days. I was told a regular size van has 21 x 31 inches of open space in the rear, and the extended van has 21 x 50 inches of space.
Does anyone have a Butler with the 210 waste tank? If so, do you pull a cargo trailer behind it for your tools? I really want one, but...
wow.... My Cleanco(chev extended) has 48"w by 72" L..... 4' by 6'..... Let's put it this way, there's as much cargo space as my pickup has......

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

I will only run a 210 waste. Love it.

If you don't want to run 2.5 inch hose you will probably carry most of your hose on the reel. We run 2.5. The reel carry 100 feet of the 2.5 inch hose comfortably.

We carry in a 50 foot 2 inch and carry a couple of 25 foot 2 inch we hardly use.

Shelves.. I max them out. Going to put the stuff somewhere...

For equipment, I have a 15 inch Zipper Wand, a 15 inch Zipper SS Super Spinner, a Rotovac (either XL or 360i) a 10 inch CRB, a vacuum, a floor Spinner, extra hoses in case I break, tons of chems but have reduced that different types except for so many test chems. Seal-A-Door units, grooming brushes...yeah...i carry more than a lot of people... You can get as much or as little shelves you want.

Never needed a trailer...

Not sure what more you are trying to carry.

Other Butler benefits.

Stainless lifetime tanks

High heat and large enough blower

Butler never have to grease shaft

Rear waste clean out for waste tank filtration.

Butler takes in consideration the entire cleaning unit... Van and Butler

They have more suspension added to the front end of the van

They have the front end set up so it cools the entire van for a lot of durability (different clutch fan and some other mods so the entire van including transmission, fuel pump all the way to the back of the van is cooled while running full out!

Durability... We have put thousands of road miles and thousands of hours on the units

One unit has the equivalent of 619,000 miles on the original motor and still not taking oil (over 250K road miles and over 11,000 Butler hours)
So for the price and durability and performance... I would be hard pressed to change...

Contact me with any questions

Butler Carpet cleaning units and 2.5 modifications & some cold weather cleaning, Saiger's Steam Clean: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg45027waKT_dC687lsUTFIv68TLNxg8Y

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
"over 250K road miles and over 11,000 Butler hours"

Wow! Now that is impressive!!!

Yep and it is still cleaning part time to this day with our former High School Band director.

What really hurts it now a days....is it is not getting run all the time...but all our Butler that my family has owned go one to run a ton more...

And make and incredible amount of money...

I love going and for the most part knowing the reliability is there....but....I crank the heck out of my units....I push them

You could probably ask most who have tried my Butlers...and they SUCK! :) (pun intended)

and if you want to see and use mine in person...get on down to Mikey's Fest in Florida....we are going to run the heck out of it again! :rockon:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom