I really want a Butler, but...

hogjowl

Idiot™
IMG_0113.JPG Proper waste water disposal.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

hogjowl

Idiot™
Rarely have to dump on residential.

But when I do, I do it with no complaints.

Probably because they trust me.

And I don't look like a dirty teenager with tattoos.

Reactions: SamIam

steve_64

I dump before I leave the house.

Sometimes Genny complains.

She doesn't trust me to use air freshener.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SteveCleans

Name
steve Dobson
People always say there's not enough room in Butler's, that's crazy. What all do you need to clean carpets. I carry a wand in the side door. , in the back i have a 20 " rotary, 20 inch cylinder go brush machine, and in the cubbyhole by my Shelves (on both sides) I hide my tile cleaning tool. I have rakes in the ceiling and A SealADoor. I carry about two different presprays & my few spotters on the shelf. Two air movers in the bk on the shelf And 2 velos upfront with a medium water claw between the seats. And I still have a little room. I cannot think of anything else I would need to clean carpets. And if I absolutely need to carry something else, then I take something out that I'm not going to use for that day. If it's Monday and I'm not doing something worth a certain piece of equipment till Friday, I may pull it out. You don't have to carry everything you own every day. Pack for the day. And I also have three upholstery tools in the back door in their holding spots. I have 150 foot of vacuum hose on the reel and I carry 50 more in the back and 50 more feet of pressure hose. I have a ton extended van. I had plenty of room in the back for my zipper as well, but I sold it.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
People always say there's not enough room in Butler's, that's bullshit. What all do you need to clean carpets. I carry a wand in the side door. , in the back i have a 20 " rotary, 20 inch cylinder go brush machine, and in the cubbyhole by my Shelves (on both sides) I hide my tile cleaning tool. I have rakes in the ceiling and A SealADoor. I carry about two different free sprays in my spotters on the shelf. Two air movers And 2 velos upfront with a medium water claw between the seats. And I still have a little room. I cannot think of anything else I would need to clean carpets. And if I absolutely need to carry something else, then I take something out that I'm not going to use for that day. If it's Monday and I'm not doing something worth a certain piece of equipment till Friday, I may pull it out. You don't have to carry everything you own every day. Pack for the day. And I also have three upholstery tools in the back door in their holding spots. I have 150 foot of vacuum hose on the reel and I carry 50 more in the back and 50 more feet of pressure hose. I have a ton extended van.

Boom! :rockon:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That sounds more like what you do to your helper once you find out what he removed from the van in order to be able to carry the wand.

- "You removed what?!"

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
People always say there's not enough room in Butler's, that's crazy. What all do you need to clean carpets. I carry a wand in the side door. , in the back i have a 20 " rotary, 20 inch cylinder go brush machine, and in the cubbyhole by my Shelves (on both sides) I hide my tile cleaning tool. I have rakes in the ceiling and A SealADoor. I carry about two different presprays & my few spotters on the shelf. Two air movers in the bk on the shelf And 2 velos upfront with a medium water claw between the seats. And I still have a little room. I cannot think of anything else I would need to clean carpets. And if I absolutely need to carry something else, then I take something out that I'm not going to use for that day. If it's Monday and I'm not doing something worth a certain piece of equipment till Friday, I may pull it out. You don't have to carry everything you own every day. Pack for the day. And I also have three upholstery tools in the back door in their holding spots. I have 150 foot of vacuum hose on the reel and I carry 50 more in the back and 50 more feet of pressure hose. I have a ton extended van. I had plenty of room in the back for my zipper as well, but I sold it.

I recall the days where EVERY room got pre-scrubbed by a Cimex.

I guess those are over, eh?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It's a non issue for most of us. Just a matter of packing and priorities.
Sounds more like you stay in the office writing the manuals.
For most of us, if it ain't readily and easily available chances are it ain't coming out. Unless it is absolutely, positively necessary, in which case there's going to be some serious pondering involved. And pondering as we all know is the mother of non-productivity :winky:.

Human nature Lee, unless they got rid of it in KY. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

P.S. Pay attention Steve. You have an extended, which has the same storage capacity of a non extended with the other units. Which is great, because you like what you get from Butt-ler. Which means that beside the extra cost of the unit you also pay an extra cost for the van. Which is also making it a parking liability in cities. Which Butt-ler potentially could have addressed (according to what we believe) with a better design. Which brings us back to the starting point.

And we love carrying the extra equipment that allows us to tackle most situations that may come our way. Granted and admittedly OCD-ish and not absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
You know Butler never installs those big shelves unless a buyer willingly pays for them.

I position everything I may need to where it is easily reached from a door. As Marty noted, I don't want to have to crawl in there.

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom