ICE 2017 Observations

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have to be honest....yes, I was at ICE, and it was good exposure for our featured products, primarily because Erik allowed me to share a booth with him, and the Zipper Wand was a terrific traffic attracter! And....yes....there have been pouches made before...in fact we make about 20 different pouches ourselves., so....I guess we are a "knock-off" of ourselves...sort of...

Ron it was truly a pleasure conversing with you on the multiple occasions at ice.

I appreciate the time you took to share with us your incredible success story and wish you the best, thank you for your time.

sealcanvas

Name
Ron Hunkins
Ron it was truly a pleasure conversing with you on the multiple occasions at ice.

I appreciate the time you took to share with us your incredible success story and wish you the best, thank you for your time.
Those are very kind words, Michael....and I thank you very much, but please know, the pleasure truly was mine. Thank you for allowing me to "hang out" with the "fun" table both nights!

Reactions: dealtimeman

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
No wonder Renny hates you..

We are talking about RA when you say Rob, right?

I don't know what kind of relationship RA and Renny have or how that would impact what renny thinks of me. I haven't spoken out against either one of them. Just pointing out the history of RA and that multiple people seem to end up having the same type of interactions and getting screwed (in their words). The guy has never done anything to me, so I can't pass judgement personally and I REALLY try to form my own opinions of people based on my personal interactions with them and how they treat me.

That being said...a lot of people I know and respect have contempt and bad experiences. When so many people have that, then there must be something to it. Personally, I just avoid him. I have no need to interact or participate there or be part of that drama. I see no reason not to be cordial and friendly when we cross paths, but I have no desire to get in the fold. I've heard too many bad things from too many people I trust and respect. So avoidance it best, but you can do that in a respectful way.

When it comes to Renny, I have a very strong sense of what/who is behind it.....but not going to call it out if he wants to say it's about not having experience on the truck. So, I have to go with that, since that is what he's saying. Take it for face value.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
We are talking about RA when you say Rob, right?

I don't know what kind of relationship RA and Renny have or how that would impact what renny thinks of me. I haven't spoken out against either one of them. Just pointing out the history of RA and that multiple people seem to end up having the same type of interactions and getting screwed (in their words). The guy has never done anything to me, so I can't pass judgement personally and I REALLY try to form my own opinions of people based on my personal interactions with them and how they treat me.

That being said...a lot of people I know and respect have contempt and bad experiences. When so many people have that, then there must be something to it. Personally, I just avoid him. I have no need to interact or participate there or be part of that drama. I see no reason not to be cordial and friendly when we cross paths, but I have no desire to get in the fold. I've heard too many bad things from too many people I trust and respect. So avoidance it best, but you can do that in a respectful way.

When it comes to Renny, I have a very strong sense of what/who is behind it.....but not going to call it out if he wants to say it's about not having experience on the truck. So, I have to go with that, since that is what he's saying. Take it for face value.
I'm just waiting for the Tony Dang / RA love-fest to end.

Reactions: rick imby

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Salespeople who attend under the radar to compete with paying vendors is the issue. It's always happened.
Actually if Larry did make a sale and wasn't a registered vendor he just created NEXUS and had better have collected Nevada state sales tax as he was salesmen at that point doing business in Nevada and NOT a Tradeshow vendor. He now has to collect sales tax and every single sale he makes into Nevada.. Why I never ever make sales while traveling I always tell people to call the office I'm on vacation

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Nevada considers a seller to have sales tax nexus in the state if you have any of the following in the state:

• An office or place of business
  • An employee present in the state
  • Goods in a warehouse
  • Ownership of real or personal property
  • Delivery of merchandise in Nevada in vehicles
  • Independent contractors or other representatives in Nevada
Just clearing that up for those who were wondering what a Nexus is :)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
There is a trade show exemption but a salesman that travels with the intent of making a sale falls under the last one "other representatives in Nevada" Went the rounds with Nevada, California and Wyoming all in the last 3 years with Wyoming being the last to give me shit. I am not the tax man but I don't want the tax man on my ass especially from broke ass states

Reactions: SamIam

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
:headscratch::headscratch:. I never would have thought a guy would knock off the Rug.....actually very interesting at least to me, once the organ music is through. For the forged Rug lover....lol

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

So you're on vacation then....do you pay for every part of that vacation out of personal non business related account? Or do you pay your trip as a tax deductible business expense?

rick imby

Name
Rick
I think its intent.

It sounds as if Larry planned to make sales and just didn't want to pay for a booth. ???

Pretty irritating when everyone else pays for a booth and puts up with all the hassles of staffing and running it. Then only to read Larry state how much he sold without having any of thoses expenses or hassles.

Most events have rules against it. If everyone worked that way there would be no show.

Holy Shit batman somebody has gotten all Politically correct on us here.

Mr Grumpy starting to worry about being shipped back over the border...

Did you even go to the show? I would bet Larry gets a much better response from the shows closer to home...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
There are lowlifes that will knock off anything for a buck, no matter who they hurt.
Not only was the dude the best.... he became famous for it.... and just saying nothing new. And they were so good.... he made the originals more famous for it....Hmmmmm

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I am curious to know if and how the perception of this situation would be different if the Zipper sucked and was of lesser quality.

Would anybody care that the Zipper was copied if it was a piece of junk and a knock-off tool by a different manufacturer was the cat's azz and far superior?

Would you not use a superior tool because it is a knock-off, and stick with lesser quality tool?

It sometime seems the level of outcries of infringement are relative to the quality of the competing products, and the superior product always gets more of a "pass" on claims of infringement.

Would anybody give a fook if Erik didn't get the Zipper so right?

Not taking sides here, just food for thought.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am curious to know if and how the perception of this situation would be different if the Zipper sucked and was of lesser quality.

Would anybody care that the Zipper was copied if it was a piece of junk and a knock-off tool by a different manufacturer was the cat's azz and far superior?

Would you not use a superior tool because it is a knock-off, and stick with lesser quality tool?

It sometime seems the level of outcries of infringement are relative to the quality of the competing products, and the superior product always gets more of a "pass" on claims of infringement.

Would anybody give a fook if Erik didn't get the Zipper so right?

Not taking sides here, just food for thought.
Nobody copies a turd

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom