ICE 2017 Observations

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well there is a huge price difference between them. I would use it for occasional use so it wouldn't bother me that it wouldn't be as durable or last ten years.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bentley PRO is 65% of the 15" Zipper . . .

Affordable to more cleaners . . .

Lockhart noticed the better extraction . . .

Even the used view window showed me extra information . . .

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The bonzer is a copy the mytee is an alternative different.

I will seriously look into it after all the bugs and other cleaners opinions change the design into a final product.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Nothing but "paid" shills who got substantial discounts on the zipper.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
i used all three tools at the show.t we used the original patented zipper, the rotovic knockoff and the mytee wand. ALL WITH WATER AND VACUUM.

first round was 800 psi plus (i know) but that was what the unit was set to already.

the zipper performed as it should tracking straight having a bit of overspray to both sides(again 800 psi) but recovered very well and operated very smoothly

the mytee is and was exactly what it is, and that is a way cheaper attempt at a wheeled 2 port drag wand. was not friendly at all to move from pass to pass, while having almost no impact on the carpet. the magnet was not helpful at all while vacuum was connected. I WILL SAY EXTRACTION POTENTIAL WAS HIGH AND ONE COULD MAYBE SAY TOO MUCH. grabbed the carpet very well but took a bit of effort in comparison to the other tools. really didn't like the flood jets and the pattern flowing out of the bottom of the tool was inconstant at best. i would need to see it on real jobs to make a decision on if it worked. to me honestly this tool is a cheaper attempt that will need many improvements (remember this is a prototype/first working unit.) it did not come off as a tool that would last ten years or even close but i do keep in mind that it is a first of a kind. also did not like the vac connection and the use of two j hooks for vacuum hose positioning/keeping. multiple parts of this unit will not make it one year without needing replacement/failing and dont understand this but do see it as part of the cost cutting process when designing and implementing a design while trying to keep cost in budget. the clear window was great for those in front of the tool but did very little for the operator. also was told unit was used for a couple of months and the plastic was already fogging up cloudy. the wheels were lackluster and are in need of a complete overhaul. also thought the handle had a bit too much movement for my likes as i am used to the quality of the zipper. i will say yet again i understand this was a one off and the production model will/may differ.

a couple of guys i respect told me they have used this wand on multiple jobs/scenarios and have said it works well, so i will have to take their word on how it works in the real world as i have not used it but maybe 40 feet passes total. i will say i was not impressed with the tool and think a more finished product should have been shown.

I DONT BELIVE THE TOOL AS IT WAS AT ICE WAS ANYWHERE IN THE SAME RELM AS A ZIPPER AND HOPEFULLY WONT BE FALSEY MARKETED AS SUCH.

the rotovic has made some improvements but had MULTIPLE simple fails that were videoed during the side by side user ability testing. the bonzor could not track straight and did not recover the solution very well at all. while over spraying a bit more than the zipper.

anyone that can use any of these side by side will without a doubt pick the zipper on performance but i do understand the market(cheap carpet cleaners) want cheaper the only thing they will need to understand is it will not only cost less but i will deliver less and last less.
This is to much for me to read. Can someone make it simple for my dummy mind to process.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Larry it is completely speculation to say it will even come close to cleaning as good as a zipper.
I really don't like the idea of flood jets for goods through flushing but I would also be speculating as to if it cleans as we didn't clean with it.

Also because it sticks to the carpet with a lot of bite doesn't mean better extraction either.

I would have to use it on a few jobs to get an idea.

They should of had some dirty carpet to clean and compare but there was none.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is to much for me to read. Can someone make it simple for my dummy mind to process.
They stole the idea but did a piss poor job of copying it. :winky:

No worries though. I hear if you drink enough you start to feel better about it.

In fact if you drink too much, you become delusional to the point you starting making claims about out selling the Zipper.

No really, I hear it happens! :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey P

Administrator
I was disappointed that Forsythe was not at Nexus yet six other employees filled their booth.

The BP was there after all.

John loves to pump false information in the sake of Carnagyeevcleverness.

Sad.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Lockhart says its nothing like a Zipper. Yet Larry continues to compare it to the Zipper.

Did ya'll check out the same tool???

It is not a zipper....
it's not even close to a zipper...
It does not look like the zipper...
It does not perform like the zipper...
it's not even in the same realm as a zipper....

same with the Bonzer...the only difference is the Bonzer is a closer rip off then the BP is....
and no matter what anyone does..they will never ever come close to matching what Erik has done with the zipper.......

I did not test any of them...I have no desire to test them because I could care a less.....I have 2 zippers and that's where I stand..
the only thing I can tell you is that with a portable..it locked down and it locked hard..it was difficult to push back and forth...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It is not a zipper....
it's not even close to a zipper...
It does not look like the zipper...
It does not perform like the zipper...
it's not even in the same realm as a zipper....

same with the Bonzer...the only difference is the Bonzer is a closer rip off then the BP is....
and no matter what anyone does..they will never ever come close to matching what Erik has done with the zipper.......

I did not test any of them...I have no desire to test them because I could care a less.....I have 2 zippers and that's where I stand..
the only thing I can tell you is that with a portable..it locked down and it locked hard..it was difficult to push back and forth...
Jim from the operators position can you see the water being extracted from the wand window? From the picture it doesn't appear so???

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Good for you Chris. Too many vendors talk on their phones or stand behind their equipment and glare at people walking by, then complain about a lousy show. You get the 'show' concept.
I would rather have that then the pushy ass sales people, that you have to literally look to the other side and STILL hope they dont talk to you.... because the simple, no thanks dont work anymore

Reactions: Zee

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I don't know but just looking at it I would say it nose dives going forward...as you say- downforce - and lifts up on the pull back...Is that what you are blaming on the wheel alignment? That's my observation watching video from the event of people trying to push it...dry without actually spraying or recovering water...even though there were some Morons feeling the floor and saying... "Look how dry! "
So I dont have a dog in the fight other then when I read uniformed and and ignorant ass comments.... As far as there being water... if you dumb asses would actually take the time to flip the pump on, or look around as to why its not working.. Or God forbid ask someone why the machine isnt working, you might actually try it with things working. instead of sitting back throwing barbs at people..... Ron Marriot included in this... it just wont let me multi quote for some reason

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So why wasn't Judson there?
I dont know for fact, just chatter... But he felt under appreciated from the last 3 times of giving away a TM.. because the winners then proceeded to bitch about paying shipping and sales tax.... along with some of the other people who donated to the TM had issues as well. Putting stress on Les

Like I said dont know for sure, but thats what I put together based on comments

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So I dont have a dog in the fight other then when I read uniformed and and ignorant ass comments.... As far as there being water... if you dumb asses would actually take the time to flip the pump on, or look around as to why its not working.. Or God forbid ask someone why the machine isnt working, you might actually try it with things working. instead of sitting back throwing barbs at people..... Ron Marriot included in this... it just wont let me multi quote for some reason
Sounds to me like you do have a dog in the fight, otherwise why would get so worked up? The only barbs I am throwing are at people that think that there is nothing wrong with stealing other people's intellectual property and claiming it is just business. If you think that is ok, you probably own a bonzer

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I dont know for fact, just chatter... But he felt under appreciated from the last 3 times of giving away a TM.. because the winners then proceeded to bitch about paying shipping and sales tax.... along with some of the other people who donated to the TM had issues as well. Putting stress on Les

Like I said dont know for sure, but thats what I put together based on comments
He gave far too much and to a bunch of porty guys. That was far too generous. Not even the big manufacturers do give away that sizable of a prize.

Then they kick him in the teeth. No wonder.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
wow, I've been a brewer for 30+ years and there's a time for a pint but isn't this just a wee bit unprofessional?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom