If you believe that HWE is NOT STEAM CLEANING...

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I remember the look on Shawn York's face in Atlanta at Duane's when he saw the 2 temp gauges (ATW) on the SAVAGE-1 TM (a dual wand thing going on during a cleaning demo) both way past 200º - It was a look of disbelief.

Our LP heater is capable of some dangerous temps. Ask Scott Rendall who saw the Steamway Lie Dectector (ATW) on the SAVAGE-1 at 302º at a CC gathering at his shop in Michigan a few years back.

Not to belittle the Vortex, I just smile doing that kind of heat with an electric machine.

Hope you are doing well Jimbo, and thanks for your email about selling on E-Bay.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
or used my custom tm with the vital components designed by the maker of NORDIC 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbo

Actually, I agree that many fine machines can produce very STEAMY cleaning solutions...

However, the castrati at IICRC want to call it hot water extraction...evidently in deference to folks that make only a lukewarm hot water machine...

So my toast tonight is to those who use a 'steam cleaning machine'...regardless of who made it!- Jim

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I can maintain 260 pretty easy with 2 high flow wands at the same time but have not tried pulling the trigger for extended times to see what it will do

can hit 300 pretty easy with one high flow wand, sure can tell when the hot water hits the jets, the sound of the water coming out of the jets changes

it ruined my hydroforce the other day, had to buy a multisprayer

Walt Bush has a little giant heater on his Vortex

I have told a few customers that we actually do steam cleaning while the others only wish they could

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
240 ATM tops

My guess is between 190 and 215 ATW on it's best day. I cleaned with an old hydramaster that would do 210 ATW... Seems like sometimes my temps are hotter with this current machine. Was cleaning GDC and noticed that the tube from the wand was getting uncomfortable hot up at the handle just from the solution I was sucking out... I know that's some heat, but not enough to do any damage or claim steam cleaning. I always call it hot water extraction. If people say "huh?" I tell them it's been nick-named steam cleaning but I don't actually use live steam.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have a short 5/8 hose hooked up to a valve used to dump the hot water for cooling the machine and diluting chems... When I get done with a big job and crank open that valve it does the "loose firehose" routine and shoots water and vapor a good 40 or 50 feet. Normally it just looks like a garden hose opened up 1/3 of the way.

Chads

Supportive Member
I think I almost get 150 at the truck I'm okay with that its what I got.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
That's a crafty question there.... I'll have to think about that one.

RichardnTn

Steam is an invisible gas........
Water is one of the best solvents in the world and can "carry" soil....
RR

Tile Nerd

Bob Savage said:
I remember the look on Shawn York's face in Atlanta at Duane's when he saw the 2 temp gauges (ATW) on the SAVAGE-1 TM (a dual wand thing going on during a cleaning demo) both way past 200º - It was a look of disbelief.

Our LP heater is capable of some dangerous temps. Ask Scott Rendall who saw the Steamway Lie Dectector (ATW) on the SAVAGE-1 at 302º at a CC gathering at his shop in Michigan a few years back.

Not to belittle the Vortex, I just smile doing that kind of heat with an electric machine.

Hope you are doing well Jimbo, and thanks for your email about selling on E-Bay.

How much does the "Beast" weigh?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If your creating steam .......there has to be water........I get hot steam from mine all the time and I am putting down water from the jets at the same time......

100_4017.jpg

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
It's good to have high heat but not necessary on a lot of jobs.

Besides, it fogs your glasses if you wear any :lol:

Me likes high heat for nasties and restaurants.

Albert

Tile Nerd

The vortex can't be that great because all the vortex owners seem to insist on pre-vacuuming and pre-scrubbing. Both my Steamaction Stealth Eagle and my Steamway Powermatic don't require the extra prep work before rinsing. We simply ask the client to vacuum before we get there, pre-spray then rinse with the Rotovac 360.

Been cleaning like this for 7 years. Repeat & referral business is going nuts.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
While heat is an important piece of the cleaning pie, nothing beats a Vortex for getting carpet dry. And that is what my customers rave about.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
That's no kidding Ron. Quick dry times are key. That along with perception of clean and comfort with the tech.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
The Tile Nerd said:
The vortex can't be that great because all the vortex owners seem to insist on pre-vacuuming and pre-scrubbing. Both my Steamaction Stealth Eagle and my Steamway Powermatic don't require the extra prep work before rinsing. We simply ask the client to vacuum before we get there, pre-spray then rinse with the Rotovac 360.

Been cleaning like this for 7 years. Repeat & referral business is going nuts.

He is just trying to get you guys fired up.

Tile nerd is real big on cleaning the customer. If you properly clean the customer, it doesn't matter how a job turns out. (not that you don't get decent results)
I've had people tell me they were going to recommend me to all their friends and tell them what a good job I had done. Only problem was, all I did was measure and quote a price, the van was still waiting to be unpacked. Between "hello" and "sign here" I managed to make such a good impression she was on the phone with her neighbors before I got done with my pre-vac.

Tile Nerd

Jim Martin said:
I guess someone has to do the motel 6"s

IF I was gonna do a motel or any other commercial work with long halls I would encapsulate with one of my OP machines and a fiber pad. Who in the world would want to pull on that hose?

Tile Nerd

ronbeatty said:
While heat is an important piece of the cleaning pie, nothing beats a Vortex for getting carpet dry. And that is what my customers rave about.

Don't have a problem drying quick with the Powermatic or Stealth Eagle. Less then 1 hour on olefin and polyester fibers and 2 to 4 hours on most everything else.

Guys it's not just the machine. Once you get to a Powermatic or bigger the difference is how the machine is set up (hose size, jets, glides, ect...) and what is between the machine and the carpet. Sure monster machines make good marketing and are good for dual wand cleaning & extraction, but outside of that they only cost a lot of money and stroke egos. Not to mention the expense of the commercial insurance on those box trucks is also more then a cargo van.

I think it's Eddie who says, "If you don't like it, tweak it", or something like that. No one can optimize a rig better then Greenie. If you want to make what you have perform better, call him.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
a quick mention about ultra temps

There's a fair amount of difference in cleaning efficacy going from 200 to 240.
however, I can't tell any difference from 250 to 280+

...L.T.A.

Mike Draper

TM guys should really check the temps AT THE WAND to see what kind of heat they are really getting. It's always a big difference. The temp gauge is in a different area on so many machines it's hard to say what you really are getting based on your truck reading, how much hose your running through, outside temp, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom