If you believe that HWE is NOT STEAM CLEANING...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikeyxj8 said:
TM guys should really check the temps AT THE WAND

if you really want to see a shocker, measure temps at the fiber.

most guys out there aren't getting 120 ATF.
The hottest fire breathers with pimped wands are only getting 180 ATF

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

yeah, if we all got the temps our machine's said we were getting at the fiber some of us would be melting carpet.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a lie detector that say 255 when cleaning through over 500 sq ft but that is after prepping and the easy part is extraction

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Carpet is only warm to the touch when I first reach down and check it... I don't imagine I am getting all that hot at the floor.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Wayne,

The E-BEAST has 4 major components -

Main vacuum unit with 30 GPM APO - 10" X 12" X 36" - weight 42 lbs.

Inline Screamer vacuum booster - 10" X 10" X 24" - weight 24 lbs.

1200 PSI 3.5 GPM high pressure unit - weight 52 lbs.

220,000 BTU LP heater - 16" X 16" X 34" - weight 235 lbs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
LOL, Yappy

don't be silly.
it's not the heat, it's the flow.
I figure it's unlikely YOU ever cleaned at 12 or 18 flow when you were on the truck anyway.

If not for Greenie and the other forward thinkers, you'd still be over working that blower sucking thru a 2" straw.

now, go make up some more silly numbers to make the V look like a good value to some start-up cleaning Golden Corrals all night.
see if you can persuade him to cash out his 401K

Actually, I should of stayed out of this thread.
I know Jim is trying to SELL that V of his and I don't want to sour his chances.

AND...I'm in a good mood this morning and really don't feel like kicking your skinny azz all over the boards.:wink: :wink:

..L.T.A.

Jimbo

I think this is my most read thread here!...and very entertaining...

I had a lady that owns some ranches in the Central Valley in California ask me...as I approached her Tahoe Condo..."Now this is STEAM CLEANING...right?...I don't want any of that CHEMICAL STUFF!"...I assured her it WAS steam cleaning...

They left....and I cleaned the condo...my hands burning cause of the intense heat of the wand...and I thought about the folks that want to argue semantics from the IICRC...those guys are so lost in the eighties...they want to argue about words...and have no idea about looking out for US...

Yet they want to form a 'new' association that will suddenly start looking out for our interests...BS FLAG RAISES SLOWLY IN THE BACKGROUND...

Thanks for all the comments...no worries Larry...yeah my V is for sale...but that was not the reason for my post

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if the inside temp of the house is above 65 degree and after your cleaning stroke you have steam coming off the carpet fibers, how hot do you think the temp is ATF

just curious

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I get steam coming up from the sink when I turn my sink on hot and leave it running... I would imagine that's at anywhere between 120-180

And! My dick roomate is always cranking the thermostat to 75 or 80 because he hasn't figured our that the air that comes out of the vents is the same temp no matter where you set it. The only dif is when he forgets and leaves it on all day we get a $225 electric bill.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shawn York said:
HOLY moly! Meat ~ You and I've been bantering on the boards for years. I met you once, shook you hand and even gave you a big bear hug so ya know I really loves ya. ..

sheeeeeitt, I told you I was in a good mood.
I was having fun too.
buck up, Son

If I was in a bad mood, I'd of made you cry.... :twisted: :twisted:

...L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shawn York said:
You DID make me cry dude. Especially the part about me being nothing without all the "real" forward thinkers. You best take it back - every time I think about it my eyes start to well up again.

was choosing Bering as a manufacture one of your "forward" moments
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I better let you go now.
I'm in a for real bad mood.
About 40 minutes ago I turned a $125 chronograph into a piece scrap
Nice round 45 cal hole thru the rear sensor beam.
ACE!!!!!

...L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shawn York said:
I like my new avatar.

copy cat

what do you want to debate?
single wand vs dual?
TMs w/over capacity for the average O/OP or multi-truck outfit?
401Ks??

really?

actually it's sounds like fun

and yes, my skin is as thick as my hEd

...L.T.A.

Brad_Smith

I call it Steam Cleaning. My butler does about 240. Getting hotter water is lowest on my priorities list. If I had a 280+ machine I'm sure I would use it. Chemicals make a much bigger difference. Finding the best chems is highest on my priorities list.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shawn York said:
I think you're an arse

welp, I think you're a flake, so I guess that makes us even :lol:

I'm fine with a serious debate, Shawn.
Better check with your Boss first.
I have no animosity toward you or Blue Line
(seriously)
however, quite frankly, I have nothing lose, while you and boss do.

Remember, your boss makes and sells a lot more of their "other" TMs than Vs for a reason.
Simply because the V isn't a practical choice for the over whelming majority of biz owners.
a "normal" TM makes more $en$e to "most"

...L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

This should be good. Can you guys start a separate thread. It will be easier to follow and hence store in the archives. :D

R

rotorob

When I see all that 'steam', the first thing i think is 'lost energy'. For crying out loud encapsulate with a RV, and put it to work!!
Smoke and mirrors.

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
If you drink it..................

................you will become a

KOPY KAT KARPET KLEENER

Don't Drink the Kool-Aid!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shawn, you yourself have recommended folks NOT buy a used Beirng made Vs

you told me that over the phone a couple years ago.

you can't find parts for them, remember?

I'll look over your figures a little better when I have time
(remember I said I just started a remodel project at home.)
I know you're chopping at bit, but I ain't going anywhere and we can carry on as long as you like when I'm able to devote my full attention.

But If you're in a big hurry, we can start with this.
Billy-Bob's $1000 a month is for how long and will he own it at end of term?
(or minimal buy-out)

Scooter's term is for how long and what will he owe to own at the end?

no mention of down payments either.

...L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

But If you're in a big hurry, we can start with this.
Billy-Bob's $1000 a month is for how long and will he own it at end of term?
(or minimal buy-out)

Scooter's term is for how long and what will he owe to own at the end?

no mention of down payments either.

Larry practical questions like that disrupt creative accounting effectiveness. You have to play fair. :wink:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I didn't read this whole thread but from your example Shawn, it sounds like the 3 guys have unlimited jobs (the V guy cleans twice as the others).

No doubt, most would take a bigger machine with a helper if they'd have unlimited jobs.

Albert

gasaxe

i will respond on a couple of points.... the bering truck first as i just purchased one used about 6 months ago. Now granted i have a little bit of an inside track on the hydraulic units. I have had no problems finding parts for this truck. I replaced a power window track on the drivers side door, some interior trim pieces, and got qoutes on several daily wear and tear items brakes..etc so far everything is readily available and fairly priced. Keep in mind i live in rural arkansas and parts for any vehicle are rarely kept "in stock" so regardless of the truck (ud,isuzu,mits,etc) i would still have to have it shipped in.

the post about # of jobs available is a credible one. either you have to plan ahead with marketing/advertising and overbook with a single wand machine and then make the switch or start out with the big truck and a single tool and grow into it. I am still currently single tool but have done larger jobs with help from freinds. one example is a large meeting hall. it was aprx 3000 sq ft of carpet and about 300 sq ft of cer. tile. the job totaled about 1000.00 and was done in about 3.5 to 4 hrs. the tile was done with 1 tool (i only have 1 spinner) If my helper was more experienced and we had two spinners it would have been 2.5 to 3hrs I would have been there all day + some and dragging azz i might add with my old rig (80hp jd diesel with 68roots set up for running single tool) I have a couple restaurants that are the same story. I am in the process of looking at different marketing/advertising avenues to help increase customer counts. typically this time of year im 2 to 3 weeks out while turning down some work bcause no time to work it in. With the convience of the new truck even with one tool i can fill my schedule much fuller and still finish my day at a resonable time.... 5-6pm

I have had some minor mechanical issues with this truck but so far i find it easier to work on than my homebuilt rig( which i knew inside and out)
time will tell how it really works out but so far its going in the right direction.....the image this truck carries is far superior to my van and my trailer even though the cleaning results are the same and the basic hard parts are the same (blower,heat ex,water pump) The verbal response from both women and men has really supprised me......
thanks for reading, hope this is helpful,
brian crecelius

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Albert Lazo said:
I didn't read this whole thread but from your example Shawn, it sounds like the 3 guys have unlimited jobs (the V guy cleans twice as the others).

No doubt, most would take a bigger machine with a helper if they'd have unlimited jobs.

Albert

goot friggen point! I liked the numbers, but decided not to submit them to my boss for that reason.
A Vortex will not help when 98% of the town thinks you are ONLY a disaster restoration company.
Every day I get people's shocked reaction when I say I am B&B's Carpet Cleaner.

"They do that? I have you do all my disaster work, but I've been having "Big Ego"
Carpet Cleaning do all my carpets because I never knew you cleaned carpets."

I will have a second truck running this year... Most likely I will be wishing I had a second truck
running towards the end of the cleaning season, with no time to train anybody or put the
order in.... Will definitely have the second truck running NEXT spring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom