Supportive Member
Well i guess it is true
flyingpig.gif

Reactions: Tedburton

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Reechurd:
My all-time best tech could not read the product labels. He was dyslexic.
He was smarter than me and you put together.
Yea but where is that fooker now?

"Welcome to Walmart"

"Do you want fries with that?"

;)

Out of respect for Bill, I'll quit being a dik...well in this thread any way! :twisted:

Tedburton

Name
Tom Patnode
Mikey t: 4337862 said:
I feel that as long as thier focus is reviving the associations, they'll never be able to see the future.

The whole gist of their upcoming shows is to boost membership in the nearly dead associatio

There most be some serious money to be made with those things...
So they think associations can make a come back?
For me it cost $120 a year to keep my certification.
Association would be near $500 to sign up.
certified firm another few hundred.
all that = $0 in return.
all that said, i would like a certification that was required to work, like a contractors lic

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I was diagnosed with dyslexia in third grade ...when they thought i might be a wetawd...turns out i was just a dumbazz..

seriously, reading is VERY cumbersome for me...after a few sentences of text i start "tripping/stumbling " over the words, would be the best way i could describe it.
It takes me forever to read long posts ...
most long ones i simply skip unless a very high interest in the subject and/or if it's broke down in short paragraphs.

assembly instructions can drive me nuts .
(thank gawd fir pics and diagrams)

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was diagnosed with dyslexia in third grade ...when they thought i might be a wetawd...turns out i was just a dumbazz..

seriously, reading is VERY cumbersome for me...after a few sentences of text i start "tripping/stumbling " over the words, would be the best way i could describe it.
It takes me forever to read long posts ...
most long ones i simply skip unless a very high interest in the subject and/or if it's broke down in short paragraphs.

assembly instructions can drive me nuts .
(thank gawd fir pics and diagrams)

..L.T.A.

So, you're not aware of much Saiger does, are you?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
So they think associations can make a come back?
For me it cost $120 a year to keep my certification.
Association would be near $500 to sign up.
certified firm another few hundred.
all that = $0 in return.

Tom,
If you have, and pay for, IICRC certifications, you haven't joined an association, you've paid to maintain your certifications. Likewise, if you paid the $200 to be a Certified Firm, you haven't joined an association (although you are required to join one to be a CF).

It took an association (the IICRCA) to offer a cash benefit to the Certified Firms, and did so at no additional cost to the CF!

____________________________________________________________________________________

A lot of what an association does isn't that easily relatable to "spend a dime get a dollar" but some benefits are exactly that simple.

If you pay the $200 to be an IICRC Certified Firm, you not only get a variety of benefits, you qualify for $200 of IICRCA scholarship money that can be used toward any IICRC training. $200 to get $200 - plus other stuff.

If you joined CCINW and opted for the benefits package, you'd pay $395 per year and not only get a variety of benefits, you qualify for $500 of scholarship money that can be used for ANY type of business training, from SFS to community college to attending the IICRCA/RIA or IICRCA/ISSA conference and tradeshow. $395 to get $500 - plus other stuff.

If that math doesn't make sense, get out there and buy more lottery tickets for your retirement fund!

Bjorn

I think that money would have to be spent back on what ever is approved

trips hotel room and first class air fair is only for the uppity ups like the good old days of the iicre and 200 dollar bottles of wine and travel to strange and exotic lands.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Terry I wouldn't have a problem with those sort of expenses.........if I were an uppity up. ;)

I can be bought, just not cheaply. I'm holding out for the next million dolllar study. errrbody needs a retirement plan. :eekk:

Mikey P

Administrator
trips hotel room and first class air fair is only for the uppity ups like the good old days of the iicre and 200 dollar bottles of wine and travel to strange and exotic lands.

Good ol' days?

Whats changed?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was diagnosed with dyslexia in third grade
One of my supervisors is dyslexic too. While it does cause him some mistakes in typing and the occasional super imposed phone number, he has always scored high when taking IICRC tests. He said his low has been 92 and his high last year for the AMRT was 98.

If a technician can't reed & can't rite what hope is there for them as a cleaner?

I certainly hope someone mixes their chem's and tells them how to apply it too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tedburton

Name
Tom Patnode
Tom,
If you have, and pay for, IICRC certifications, you haven't joined an association, you've paid to maintain your certifications. Likewise, if you paid the $200 to be a Certified Firm, you haven't joined an association (although you are required to join one to be a CF).

It took an association (the IICRCA) to offer a cash benefit to the Certified Firms, and did so at no additional cost to the CF!

____________________________________________________________________________________

A lot of what an association does isn't that easily relatable to "spend a dime get a dollar" but some benefits are exactly that simple.

If you pay the $200 to be an IICRC Certified Firm, you not only get a variety of benefits, you qualify for $200 of IICRCA scholarship money that can be used toward any IICRC training. $200 to get $200 - plus other stuff.

If you joined CCINW and opted for the benefits package, you'd pay $395 per year and not only get a variety of benefits, you qualify for $500 of scholarship money that can be used for ANY type of business training, from SFS to community college to attending the IICRCA/RIA or IICRCA/ISSA conference and tradeshow. $395 to get $500 - plus other stuff.

If that math doesn't make sense, get out there and buy more lottery tickets for your retirement fund!
Oz i was a member of CFI but the local chapter fell apart. I dont see what a association with nothing near me could offer.

Reactions: Mikey P

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Oz i was a member of CFI but the local chapter fell apart. I dont see what a association with nothing near me could offer.
Quite right! Although the CCINW has members located far from the northwest, we suggest they join their local group to get the most benefit. Chapters (and organizations) fail if they don't have leaders that keep the member's interests front and center. Part of the IICRCA mandate is to help the local groups by providing guidance and leadership training so they can regain their relevance. Maybe soon you'll have your chapter back, better than before.

Love the song Mikey, I dropped those lyrics into a post that was critical of the IICRC ten years or so ago. Bjorn's correct though, things have changed. No reimbursement for any alcohol. Per diem limits and hotel controls in place. People that travel have to show what was gained from the trip. The buddy system is gone. No more paid positions that require no production. If they need someone to write standards, they hire a professional instead of paying an old carpet cleaner to screw things up.

If that method of operating means they can't work with people that demand special treatment, OK.

Mikey P

Administrator
Love the song Mikey, I dropped those lyrics into a post that was critical of the IICRC ten years or so ago. Bjorn's correct though, things have changed. No reimbursement for any alcohol. Per diem limits and hotel controls in place. People that travel have to show what was gained from the trip. The buddy system is gone. No more paid positions that require no production. If they need someone to write standards, they hire a professional instead of paying an old carpet cleaner to screw things up.

I'll need photos of Tony's pot belly and his office at your new Vegas building before I buy that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom