It's official!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Greg- I'm confused. You "Say" you provide quality service and nothing will change in that respect, yet you post this. Tell me if I'm misunderstanding this.

I have decided to use our marketing budget to discuss the change and essentially condemn the type of service we have extremely well known for.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Stop the presses!!!!

What will most of the want to be Donald Trumps do on this board?

Who will they get to vilify?

How will they without any knowledge of your business offer criticism and disdain for your organization?

Please say it isn't so Greg. LOL

Jordan and I will be excited to hear how it works out.

I am sure the roll out will go well.

Good luck my friend.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I guess I won't ask anymore questions. I'd hate to get Tom worked into a Tizzy. JHC- Can't someone ask a question without being called a hater. You've been around how long , Tom? Unless you've read the full Greg Cole saga, go post on another thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I actually took the time to take Greg to dinner in Vegas.

I really didn't see any drama.

Lot's of companies have done very well targeting a budget audience. McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Dollar Rent a Car,

My comments were not directed at you. I rarely if ever follow your posts. Sorry you took it personally.

I just notice when Greg takes the time to be on the board he seems to get a lot of flack.

I guess I won't ask anymore questions. I'd hate to get Tom worked into a Tizzy. JHC- Can't someone ask a question without being called a hater. You've been around how long , Tom? Unless you've read the full Greg Cole saga, go post on another thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: Derek

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I know right! I finally make the change they have been begging for and they wanna be dicks! Remarkably , Mike has been one of the few to act with class....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Greg- I was asking what you were changing, you said nothing but the price and the fact that "Deep Cleaning" would be included in your price. According to the phrase I posted, it totally contradicts what you are saying. I only asked for a clarification, since it was kind of unclear the way it was written. I don't think I was being a dick at all until King chimed in.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Doug,

Apparently you didn't read my previous quotes. What part of retraining our techs, replacing many of them and changing our hiring practices do you not understand ? You stated that we gave lousy service under the old structure and that is why I was changing. I vehemently disagreed with both of those inferences. Your remarks were clearly designed to be a dick and thanks to Tom for calling you out.

QUOTE=gregcole;4261641]Sleep better at night? Heh! i wish..... A reorganization of this magnitude has required a ton of work and isn't going to be an easy one as it involves untraining and retraining guys that have been contracting from us for years ( one of which just celebrated 20 years! I wish I could be at Mikeysfest but I am going to Carnival instead. Perhaps Mike should have Mikeysfest 2015 in Rio?[/QUOTE]

So

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Thanks again for dinner. It was good to get to know you and your son.

And it's remarkable isn't it Tom? I was asked to come speak at mikeyfest and did so on my own dime. Happily shared a segment of the marketing paradigm that led to my decision to go in this direction to reorg my company .
I finally make the change everyone had asked for and I still get back handed insults ....

I actually took the time to take Greg to dinner in Vegas.

I just notice when Greg takes the time to be on the board he seems to get a lot of flack.

Reactions: TomKing
Name
Lee Stockwell
Congrats for your strategic move Greg. You may make less at first but will be a better company in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Thanks!
Our volume of work will drop but I expect the significant increase in our prices to almost compensate. Sadly we won't really tell until 2nd quarter. i rolled this out now so we can phase out the nay sayers, lower quality cleaners, and have time to retrain before the busy season.
Congrats for your strategic move Greg. You may make less at first but will be a better company in the future.

I just finished the announcement to the technicians. Very well received by most. Two guys walked out the door and quit when we told them vacuuming and furniture moving is required.
Gonna be a fun day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
You are confused! you wrote: " So the quality stays the same but the price goes up? Just what does "Deep Cleaning" entail?" I replied " Nope. Price up. Regardless of soil level . No extra charge . 100% satisfaction or re cleaned / refunded" you asked if quality stays same - I wrote NOPE about quality. also mentioned 100% satisfaction.
Apparently you were too busy casting stones to accurately read the responses.....

Greg- I'm confused. You "Say" you provide quality service and nothing will change in that respect, yet you post this. Tell me if I'm misunderstanding this.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks again for dinner. It was good to get to know you and your son.

And it's remarkable isn't it Tom? I was asked to come speak at mikeyfest and did so on my own dime. Happily shared a segment of the marketing paradigm that led to my decision to go in this direction to reorg my company .
I finally make the change everyone had asked for and I still get back handed insults ....

Greg it's tough love. :winky:

Too bad you can't make it to MF10, I'd have liked to have met you.

I think its a great move for you. Your past target customer was or is impacted more by the weak economy than your future target customer. With less discretionary income, carpet cleaning can be put aside for other more urgent needs.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do well with the move.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Actually if you look at the marketing phamplet I gave out at MF 9 you can easily see why I made the shift. My business model was created in 1993 when atlanta had a population just over 2 million. We now have 7.5 million people. While this switch will be painful and a total pain in the butt, however it is necessary. This change will ensure that Pro Carpet will be around long after I retire. Rest assured I'm sure I'll see you at another event....

Greg it's tough love. :winky:

Too bad you can't make it to MF10, I'd have liked to have met you.

I think its a great move for you. Your past target customer was or is impacted more by the weak economy than your future target customer. With less discretionary income, carpet cleaning can be put aside for other more urgent needs.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do well with the move.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
To raise the quality, will you me moving to a "deeper" cleaning on each job? Scrubbing with a 175, CRB, or rotary extractor? I'm newer to the board (sort of) so I'm not familiar with your operation. Have you been cleaning residential with portys? Will that change? What is your preferred Truckmount? Will that change? Thanks.

The Clean Machine

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Both. We have employeed and trained our own guys. Contractors that don't get with the program will be replaced with employees driving our vans and running our truckmounts..... Made it very clear- High quality, high customer service or no work......
so when you say "your techs" you mean you have guys that work directly for you or everything is subbed out?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Greg is always such a controversial person on forums.

Shame really, he has tons of knowledge and real life experience on how to solve business problems but we never get to access any of it.
His threads/posts always turn into this...

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Good luck Greg. I think it will be great for you and your guys once It gets rolling. The change should also be easier for clients as well as techs that want to get on board.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You said you will be retraining techs and dumping some. I'm curious if you have a real system in mind that will command that higher price? Will it include prevac and agitation? How about drying in every resi situation? To me those are the starting points when coming up with a plan. It looks like you have a big company and I'm sure that didn't happen by accident but has it become unprofitable for you? Thanks.

The Clean Machine

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greg is always such a controversial person on forums.

Because his outfit sure looked a lot like a bunch of $9.95rm bait & switch porty pukes

Quite a contrast to the reputable "value" priced outfits like Hogopian, Stanely, etc, where the "up-sell" is ScotchGuard , not

"oh, that price is for me to make your carpets wet, if you want it "clean" it will co$t thi$ much"

Shame really, he has tons of knowledge and real life experience on how to solve business problems but we never get to access any of it.
His threads/posts always turn into this..

now that's he's selling franchises, I expect you'll get even less ..cause he's not one to "give" much of anything away

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I was actually going to apologize to Greg about assuming his company did less than quality service until I investigated his company and saw the reviews were about 50/50 (love/hate) on the service he offers. I can see why you started with Atlanta first.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm sorry Mike, I perused his reviews. Brummite was actually stalking his competition. Richard- I've been doing this for 30 years and couldn't find 1 negative comment about my company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Greg is on the right path. All these years we've been busting his assistant over shifty work and ethics and now that he is doing something about it, I can't see why you guys would continue to kick him in the sack.

I would hope Bryan Hannah is working with him off the board on the change

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom