It's official!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Sadly that is a perception we could never shake in the industry. Furthermore the ability

The tech part couldn't be further from the truth. Most contractors were making $65k-130k ( minus expenses of about 17%) Their revenue was closed monitored by the ops manager to ensure they had high ticket jobs as well as low paying. ( we have been upgrading people to a inclusive package for over a decade)
Yes they were expected to increase sales. However that is the same in every company.

To be clear, I never had a problem with the old plan. Simply put, the trend in the change in buying habits
Has made the old model one that will be gone in 5 years. Smarter to shift now and add my twist to things than be playing catchup in 5 years ( as I'm retiring). I owe it to my people to provide jobs for them for the next 20

Regarding the service level. It will be
Midrange.
Step 1. Detailed inspection including video ( uploaded to our server) < customer must give permission for video first>
Step 2. Prevac all traffic areas and thresholds
Step 3. Prespray TLC on all heavily soiled areas
Step 4. Prespray general detergent on all areas to be cleaned
Step 5. Mechanical agitate ( 12" buffer) if necessary for extremely bad areas
Step 6. Steam clean ( additional dry stroke)
Step 7. If olefin a 2nd dry stroke performed
Step 8. Post video taken and uploaded.

Failure to perform these tasks will result in disciplinary actions for employees.

Contractors were trickier but my legal team has worked out a recourse that won't puncture the litmus test for contractors. It will be adjusted if needed to ensure 100% satisfaction of the customer

We are considering giving a $20 discount if they give us a video testimonial. Would love everyone's input . Your thoughts ?

forgive me if I'm wrong, Greg, but i had the impression you fit the profile of a bait 'n switch outfit
e.g. advertise unrealistic lowball prices that would be impossible for contractors to make any money on, so every cleaning would require an "up sell" of something as basic as using emulsifiers/detergents ..just to break even .
Right or wrong, that's the impression I,(and others I suspect) had/have

I'm glad to see your planed move from that, and sincerely wish you well

I'm curious though, where your new plans will position your outfit in the market.

will you be in the "value" class market, like the Stanley Steemers and Hogopians of the world, that do most of their work by running emulsifiers thru the system and rarely use pre-spray (I call it the McDonald/Burger king/Wendy's market)

will you position yourself in the "mid range" market with pricing higher than the "value" class, use pre-sprays on nearly all jobs and mechanical agitation when needed? (the Applebees, Longhorn, Outback market)

or the top level "highend" pricing market like Mike ,(or DA Burn in the large multi-truck outfits)
where vacs and airmovers are part of every job

curious where you'll be
Value
mid-range
hi-end

thanks

..L.T.A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Greg I think you are overly concerned with how hard it will be to change your image. The only people that it will be hard to change for are other carpet cleaning companies and they don't matter. CC companies that think they are talk of the town are only fooling them selves. It is not like Mcdonalds and Red Lobster. Your image is created one customer at a time . For every happy customer you have created a great image and for every unsatisfied customer you have created a bad image. Plus their are so many bad cc companies out their that a lot of people hire a new company every time they need their carpets cleaned and if they ever get lucky and find a good one they will hold on to them. So that is an easy target for you to grow on. If a client is happy with their cc company nobody will ever get that client anyway so that is a dead horse. Plus the only time a client will remember you or talk about you to friends is if you are really good or you are really bad. Price shoppers will forget who you are before you walk out the door because the next time they need work done they will do the same thing and that is just call around for the cheapest.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Nice system greg, i like it.
A year from now most consumers will forget your previous pricing structure/service.

Hell, half of americans don't even know what the 3 branches of government are or where Texas is on a map...
The average homeowner just doesnt pay that close attention or remember stuff like this.

Every single year politicians successfully reinvent themselves, even after major scandals. This should go much smoother then people think.

Reactions: Derek

Mikey P

Administrator
Most contractors were making $65k-130k ( minus expenses of about 17%)

No shit? :eekk: Fred, do you still have that room for rent?

Video before and after each job? huh? video of what? pre existing soiling conditions I'm guessing...
the lead tech will shoot these ? how long? who will down load and be in charge of this? each truck has a camera or smart phone to do this? Why?

Sounds like real invasion of privacy issue and it put serious doubt into the homeowners minds right up front.

Reactions: Russ T.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Video before and after each job? huh? video of what? pre existing soiling conditions I'm guessing...
the lead tech will shoot these ? how long? who will down load and be in charge of this? each truck has a camera or smart phone to do this? Why?

Sounds like real invasion of privacy issue and it put serious doubt into the homeowners minds right up front.

Step 1. Detailed inspection including video ( uploaded to our server) < customer must give permission for video first>

wow those cleaning Steps are a huge change from what you've done previously iirc...nice! i assume the videos are a "feature" for the customer to peruse after the fact, at their desktop? or is it a "security feature" for your company, in case the custy tries to make a false claim.?.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Of course of the soil levels.
Lead tech will shoot. customer permission first of course ( as stated). Smart phones. emailed to our server. The will be attached to the job inside our software.
Better than any before and after picture. Quality control is key. Retraining a cleaners brain is fundamental to this shift. Knowing that their wrok will be reviewed will keep the quality level up.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mostly IICRC however, we are not requiring grooming ( unless Scotchgard applied). Nor do we place fans.
As previously stated, the videos are designed to be before and afters. They will NOT be of the customers personal property, etc.
wow those cleaning Steps are a huge change from what you've done previously iirc...nice! i assume the videos are a "feature" for the customer to peruse after the fact, at their desktop? or is it a "security feature" for your company, in case the custy tries to make a false claim.?.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Knowing that their wrok will be reviewed will keep the quality level up.
You are on the right track, Greg. Adding "Employee Accountability" is essential. Nice to see technology playing a part.

Steve

PS It will be interesting to see if the logistics don't sink the concept. And how much your people try to "game" the system. I'll be following your progress closely.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Are you going to send to the homeowner a copy of video? How about making sure video is deleted?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Ok this is hilarious! The first official customer under the new Pro structure was the rap artist "Missy Elliott".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Are you serious? You built a client base, that is attracted to PRICE. If it's works why change it?

Instead you should create a premium brand. That is affiliated with your budget brand. Using the cream of the crop techs.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Are you serious? You built a client base, that is attracted to PRICE. If it's works why change it?

Instead you should create a premium brand. That is affiliated with your budget brand. Using the cream of the crop techs.
Joe you may be too young to remember how many companies have tried to have a "split personality" to appeal to different markets.

Two companies, but with single ownership. Doesn't fly for long.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I was certain someone would note that relationship. Nissan/Infinity is not a fair comparison, as both are top quality products.

If Yugo announced a "premium" brand would the market buy it? GM tried that with Saturn...and billions.

If Greg hangs on to the low end customer acquisitions costs will bury him, he must move upmarket to at least the "middle", and he can do that if he focuses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom