It's official!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm sorry Mike, I perused his reviews. Brummite was actually stalking his competition. Richard- I've been doing this for 30 years and couldn't find 1 negative comment about my company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
That's awesome BUT it could also be those people that were dissatisfied were just enough not to use you again and not enough to say something bad about you. I on the other hand don't mind saying something bad about you! :winky:

Seriously my point is Greg even in the future will have more dissatisfied clients than we ever will. Is it because he is a shitty cleaner (maybe :p)? No its the volume of work they produce compared to what we do.

30-years DAMN you're an old fook! LOL

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Well, Greg has those customers also. I realize when you throw employees or subs into the mix, that is bound to happen but , correct me if I'm wrong, Greg has always denied his company has done shoddy work.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Correct, I have denied it and will continue to do so. The price dictated the level of service. The business model handcuffed the prices I could charge and how I had to advertise. Solution = change almost all aspects and improve the level of customer service from the girl answering the phone to the cleaner.
Time will tell.

Well, Greg has those customers also. I realize when you throw employees or subs into the mix, that is bound to happen but , correct me if I'm wrong, Greg has always denied his company has done shoddy work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris A

Name
Chris
All the best Greg, I hope you will continue to share much information that aspiring multi-truckers such as myself can glean.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Atlanta is a tough area to drive in. Will the change also help in that area with less travel time.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Here's the thing Greg, Like my Dad would probably refund or reclean any customer that was unsatisfied to his knowledge.

Thus making the quality of what they do 100% satisfaction or money refunded.

The upsell factor every cleaner here gets hit with! We go to a job and there's a ton of pet urine, We'll recommend treating the urine and everyonce in a while I'll hear "there's the gimmick."

We politely inform the customer everything we do for our price and that while we can still clean the carpet, pet urine and stains require more care.

But it seems like most customer who've been bitten are defensive until they find out your not a salesmen or a nickel and dimer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Here's the thing Greg, Like my Dad would probably refund or reclean any customer that was unsatisfied to his knowledge.

Thus making the quality of what they do 100% satisfaction or money refunded.

The upsell factor every cleaner here gets hit with! We go to a job and there's a ton of pet urine, We'll recommend treating the urine and everyonce in a while I'll hear "there's the gimmick."

We politely inform the customer everything we do for our price and that while we can still clean the carpet, pet urine and stains require more care.

But it seems like most customer who've been bitten are defensive until they find out your not a salesmen or a nickel and dimer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Customers could care less what it takes to get it clean or for that matter how ya do it, they just want to see an improvement and quick.

Cut the BS, if you didn't get it clean the first time why the heck would someone want you to do it again.

Price it to clean it an quit picking it apart so much, confusious george.People want simplicity.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have never been a fan of different levels of cleaning. Human nature tells me that most customers will choose the cheapest option and may not be happy with what they get because the floor may have needed a " deep cleaning". In my opinion unless it has to do with pet urine or a very clear extenuating circumstance the customer should be paying for a clean carpet. I understand that when you run a multi truck deal you have to assembly line everything but at the end of the day you should be able to leave some element of discretion up to the tech. I would have did the all inclusive pricing from the get go, the levels of cleaning just seems to shifty and bait and switch like for me. I will say however I would like a more calculated way to estimate the moving of furniture

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Interesting Greg, As you know I have never busted your balls for your pricing structure or your business model. Matter of fact I thought people that complained were being petty. Lets face it, you go to mcdonalds for a certain quality of service and food, your business model fit the need of your customers or you never would of grown it to the size you are.

I am also in the camp of starting another company. I think the risk would of been much lower and the growing pains much more manageable. That is my opinion, however I am sure you spent much more time on the logistics than I have spending 3 minutes as an armchair Quarterback.

With that said, I wish you the best of luck on your new business model. And again I want to thank you for taking the time to speak at mikeyfest. I took notes and implemented several of the strategies you shared with great success. Actually I will put it bluntly, the strategies I put into place have done so well I hesitate to mention them by name because of lurking competition.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Good for you on making the change..when I started my business my p,an was slow grown and quality work..that makes my retention and repeat work very high and real..

It's a slower path but much more stable in the long run

Our customers are extremely loyal and the rate of repeat makes the cleanings easier..75% get done every 6-8 months

When Michel sends out the reminders she pulls out the ones that already got done or are scheduled..it's usually well over 1/2 the stack lol

Enjoy the ride

Doubt I could add anything to your plan but if you ever want to bounce something off someone universal feel free to ring me
Dave 904-483-7307

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
He is just another poster, can't greg just blend in like the rest of us jokers.....

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Simple. It's a change I've been wanting to make for years. Just didn't have the infrastructure to support it.
SFS made a lot of sense. I attended it in October 2008 and started working on it. A change of this magnitude to a company my size requires a ton of work and VERY smart people working to pull it off.

A little over 5 years later it is coming to fruition......
Wow, Greg. Billy and I are honored... seriously.

So how did Thursday's "Changeover Meeting" go? Curious minds want to know. (I'm not sure any SFS member has done this transformation on such a large scale and I'd really like to get your input on it.)

Steve

PS Greg, I can't remember if we has this Residential "Moment of Truth" sheet available when you last attended SFS. It is a one page step-by-step guide for techs in the customer's home and might be useful for your training. And speaking of training here is the Value Added Orientation Guide we used. Hopefully these two resources will give you some ideas. Best wishes!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
When you come to Atlanta for SFS. Come by and visit. I guarantee with worth the 30 minute drive

Wow, Greg. Billy and I are honored... seriously.

So how did Thursday's "Changeover Meeting" go? Curious minds want to know. (I'm not sure any SFS member has done this transformation on such a large scale and I'd really like to get your input on it.)

Steve

PS Greg, I can't remember if we has this Residential "Moment of Truth" sheet available when you last attended SFS. It is a one page step-by-step guide for techs in the customer's home and might be useful for your training. And speaking of training here is the Value Added Orientation Guide we used. Hopefully these two resources will give you some ideas. Best wishes!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Good for you Greg! Ultimately, who cares what everyone else thinks? They dont pay your bills. I am in the start a second company camp also.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
No. No games no gimmicks

Good for you Greg....

But I can't just leave it at that: with your quote here you are addmitting that charging more for Berber and saying it has to be "dry cleaned" was bullsheeet...right? It kind of sounds like that.

I am glad for your attempt for this change on your business!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
It wasn't bullshit. What I did was go in and systematically remove all the objections and complaints we've gotten over the years from customers. This will result in higher retention of customers better customer service and better reviews

Good for you Greg....

But I can't just leave it at that: with your quote here you are addmitting that charging more for Berber and saying it has to be "dry cleaned" was bullsheeet...right? It kind of sounds like that.

I am glad for your attempt for this change on your business!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It is of course terrific news, especially for CC consumers in the Atlanta region. One less company stuck in the endless cycle of crap work, low customer retention, and huge advertising costs to gain new clients. But there are many unforeseen consequences when one tries to make their enterprise a legitimate business, as Mario Puzzo so artfully demonstrated:

http://youtu.be/UneS2Uwc6xw

Mikey P

Administrator
Greg I really hope you continue to update us how this all works out.

I think its a monumental and inevitable evolution of your business and I'm very grateful you've included us along for the ride so far.

In six months I'll have Fred who lives in Atlanta use your company for a real MB live Hot Seat.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It wasn't bullshit. What I did was go in and systematically remove all the objections and complaints we've gotten over the years from customers. This will result in higher retention of customers better customer service and better reviews

Berber will be one of your easiest challenges. It is easy to clean with the right people and tools. Actually not a BIT harder than average.

More than 75% of my work is repeat, year after year. As you systemize that your marketing can go a whole new direction.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
"From here out all carpet must be Pre-Vacced with a Kirby and edged with a back pack vac. Pre-Sprayed with my 5 formula mix. Pre Scrubbed with a Cimex I don give a fook if there are 4 flights of steps. Acid Rinse with a glided wand. Posted padded with a Cotton Pad delivered only by a Orbot. Carpet protector applied and Groomed In With a brush. Air paths set in every room. Are we all in ??!!! " -Steve Dobson Head Tech Trainer Pro Carpet First Company Meeting 2014

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
"From here out all carpet must be Pre-Vacced with a Kirby and edged with a back pack vac. Pre-Sprayed with my 5 formula mix. Pre Scrubbed with a Cimex I don give a fook if there are 4 flights of steps. Acid Rinse with a glided wand. Posted padded with a Cotton Pad delivered only by a Orbot. Carpet protector applied and Groomed In With a brush. Air paths set in every room. Are we all in ??!!! " -Steve Dobson Head Tech Trainer Pro Carpet First Company Meeting 2014

Gotta hand it to ya. That was pretty slick right there : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom