Jeff "greenie" Lydon.......WTH is your problem?????????

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Re: Jeff "greene" Lydon.......WTF is your problem?????????

Nate The Great said:
[quote="bob vawter":3p6krc4i]i would rent a house next door....
and throw nails in his driveway every day the rest of my life..........

If I was Harper, I'd do that to you for the whole Josh thing... Lmao![/quote:3p6krc4i]

:lol: :lol: :lol: "I actually have no problem with the Josh situation.... :shock:

My only regret .... was that I involved the "good hearted" members on this board
in the shipping cost... :oops: I felt that I put their money in jeopardy....when
the transaction went ..sIdEwAyS.... that hurts

To this day....NOT ONE of these charitable people have ask for their money back..
Except "Brian Robison".... :shock: "JUST KIDDIN".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That
tIgHt-aSS never gave a penny>>>!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

S

sam miller

Re: Jeff "greenie" Lydon.......WTF is your problem?????????

I keep thinking is its a great machine get 3 grand from 3 or 4 people promise them delivery in six months and move on with said POS truckmount to fine more Vics.

A guy could pay his rent with that scam.

just kidding thats not! funny well maybe a little funny Unless your the guy getting scammed when do You realize Your hosed???

3rd non returned call? 7th post looking for help?

Seriously I hope it all works out.

lance

Thank you Sam. It will work out one way or another. I might just find a better TM for a really good price that will keep me working and not taking it to the shop for something to be fixed.

I will be able to make up for these delays monetarily during the winter if we don't have as much rain as we did this year. I am very fortunate to be able to live and work in an area that doesn't have harsh winters.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

sam miller said:
I keep thinking is its a great machine get 3 grand from 3 or 4 people promise them delivery in six months and move on with said POS truckmount to fine more Vics.

nah, that's not the way Greenie operates .
he's not an "outright" thief flim flam.

he's an opportunist user with a never ending line of bullsh1t

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

HARPER said:
Nate The Great said:
[quote="bob vawter":2ilxxhek]i would rent a house next door....

If I was Harper, I'd do that to you for the whole Josh thing... Lmao!

:lol: :lol: :lol: "I actually have no problem with the Josh situation.... :shock:

My only regret .... was that I involved the "good hearted" members on this board
in the shipping cost... :oops: I felt that I put their money in jeopardy....when

To this day....NOT ONE of these charitable people have ask for their money back..
Except "Brian Robison".... :shock: "JUST KIDDIN".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That
tIgHt-aSS never gave a penny>>>!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:[/quote:2ilxxhek]

Give money for someone to get a free TM?...Nobody ever gave me anything for free and I didn't want it.
My money goes to death in the family or charitable organization that helps people with real problems....and I've given plenty here.
NOT some Waldo type who wanted something for free.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

HARPER said:
Nate The Great said:
[quote="bob vawter":2p0q2krw]i would rent a house next door....

If I was Harper, I'd do that to you for the whole Josh thing... Lmao!

tIgHt-aSS never gave a penny>>>!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:[/quote:2p0q2krw]

and haven't seen any L&L raffle tickets bought from either of you yet. :p

Name
Damon

I'm not privy to all the history here, but your best bet might be to buy a low cost TM (like that one Odin has for sale in WA) and keep posting updates on the status of the TM upgrade. Maybe the frequent discussions and updates will put some sort of pressure on this guy to do the work?

When/if the job is completed you can either use it or sell it.

lance said:
Thank you Sam. It will work out one way or another. I might just find a better TM for a really good price that will keep me working and not taking it to the shop for something to be fixed.

I will be able to make up for these delays monetarily during the winter if we don't have as much rain as we did this year. I am very fortunate to be able to live and work in an area that doesn't have harsh winters.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Man, I hate to hear this about Greenie. He helped me set up the Genny for 2.5 with hoses and the waste tank intake fittings, which by the way are a nice piece of work. 2.5 on the outside, and the regular 2 inch hose slides right inside the fitting. No adapters needed. Also helped me set up the Ti wand with no-drip adapters, and some......plastic "thingy". Greenie and Lisa always sent me anything I needed from Cali to Ohio mostly in 3 days or so.

I met Greenie at the 1st Winterfest in Fresno. Any problems, I believe, were a direct result of this sucky economy that hit a few years ago. A lot of people didn't recover.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill

lance..one question.
do you owe a balance or are you paid in full with greenie?

lance

Dave, the $3000.00 was a down payment. I was going to pay the rest when he shipped the TM down to me.

I told him in Nov. that I was ready to buy the macine from him and he said, ok I'll start getting it ready to go.

Every week for six months I have asked myself if this is the week I can get the machine and start the business. That is why i blew up the other day......not onlly is the machine NOT done, but he refuses, I don't think there is any other word for it, refuses to call me and tell me what is going on.

randy

Name
Randy

Lance, If I were in your situation I would try getting my money back. Take that $3,000 and put it towards Bob's Steam Genie. Buy a decent used van and find someone to install it for you. Even if you flew to Michigan, bought a used van there, had Bob install the Genie for you and drove all the way back from Michigan it will still be less hassle than what you are currently dealing with. You will essentially have a new unit that was really a superior design to other PTO units.

When ever you start a new business your bound to go through some tough stuff like this deal, don't let it get you discouraged. Start marketing website creation, google maps listing, create a winning sales letter and then make a road trip to see Bob. If you can get a loan just roll the whole truck mount, truck and what ever else you need into it and have one bill to pay every month. With some of the really nice trucks available for 5-6k ,a $6,000 truck mount, and maybe $3,000 in other extras you need you could probably have a payment of maybe $300 a month. The thing is you will have good, reliable equipment and for a low payment. Even if I had to finance it over 60 months at a higher than preferred interest rate, I would go that route. There is something to be said for having reliable equipment from day one of your start up. You don't want to be the guy in the parking lot of a 24 hour Walmart at 2 am trying to jerry-rig your truck mount when you have a $1,000 worth of jobs the next day.

The delay in starting the business and screwing around with a rebuild is more expensive than the solution.

Mikey P

Administrator

Listen to Randy Lance.

and from what I hear the truck was $3000 plus any additional expenses to get it going.

Not true?

lance

Thank you Randy. I have been talking with the wife and now she wants me to buy something better, even if it is more expensive. I have always wanted a machine that worked very well and wasn't going to break down.

Not true Mikey. He told me how much he wanted and I said ok. He said that it was a machine that he was going to use if he was to start cleaning again.....that is why he bought it in the first place. He said a year ago that he needed some money to start fixing it up, but that it was in good condition already (he had already bought belts for it and made it sound like it just needed to be serviced and fixed up a bit.....he told me that he would not tear it down and rebuild it and I said ok, just make it run well and so that it will not have problems later on.)

I asked him how much he wanted towards the purchase price and he said that if I could give him $3000.00 as a deposit the machine would be mine and he could start "fixing it up." So a year ago, I went to his bank and deposited the money in his Truckmount Direct bank account.

I have told only a few people my arrangment with Jeff and I have always said the same thing everytime. I don't have to change my story because I stick with the facts and those facts don't change. So if you have "heard" something different it is wrong. I could have gloated that I was getting a ford engine and a 59 blower but I didn't. It's just a truck mount, but it still isn't mine even a year after the depostit was paid.

For the purchase price Jeff told me it would be in good condition and he wanted it to run well enough and with no problems because he knew that I am not a mechanic and he also knew that I wanted a machine that may not be pretty but worked every day so I could make some money. That was talked about several times and we both understood what it meant.

Just so you know I asked Jeff it I should spend the money to tear it down and rebuild it so that it looked and ran new. He told me several times no, I didn't have to do that. The machine only had 1800 to 2000 hours on it and he could get the machine running so well that anything else would be "over-thinking it."

And for the record, Jeff never once asked for more money for repairs or even hinted that he needed more money for repairs. And I didn't know the altanator was bad because he never returned my phone calls.

"From what I hear"..........this thread doesn't need any melodrama Mike. I know all the facts so just ask your question straight to me.

I think an important question to ask is why, if Jeff had $3000.00 and wanted to fix the machine up the way he promised, did he not do it during the rainy season in Dec. and Jan. and Feb.???? Do all the CC'ers in the bay area go to the supply houses everyday it rains? I know the bay area had a lot more rain than usual because I was checking the weather almost everyday. Jeff may be popular but not that popular. And I didn't know this until later but Jeff wasn't working directly for CMS so he can come and go whenever he pleases. He was very vague about his "connection" with CMS and now I know why.

There is still no reason nor answer why he didn't want to get the TM working and shipped to me and get the money that I owed him.....I never gave him one thought that I wasn't willing and able to pay him the rest of the purchase price.

I know that some people at CMS know about this thread and it would be very easy for Greenie to find out what I have said. But even now I have not received a phone call from him.......and yes, my home phone is connected and working. And he does know the number.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill

i heard that there was still a payment due and the biggest issue was getting parts for something that there were no parts really
readily available..once you dive into something and the can is open you really get a sense of what you have..as to why he didnt/wont
call i cant answer that one..
check with ken snow and buy a almost rebuilt butler..you need no mechanical ability to run or fix one.
good luck and hopefully it all gets worked out soon
dave

F

FB7777

the simple solution is that you should request your deposit back

It should be no problem... Jeff still has possession of the unit and in order for it to be worth ANYTHING, Jeff needed to repair it anyways.

You don't want the headache of a unit by a defunct manufacturer

Its a no brainer

Except for the one minor detail that Lydon probably doesn't have $3,000 to re-imburse

IMO , a more professional way to handle this transaction would have been to accept a $500 security to show intent on paying for the unit followed with money to pay for parts that were being replaced.

The alternator is the first part in potentially a long list of issues that are discovered along the way to making this unit operable.

Mikey P

Administrator

Lance

I've talked to the owner of CMS and am getting a different story.
He did say that getting your money back is an option.

I strongly suggest you do so.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

That would have been the FIRST thing I tried.

Jimbo

That could be a happening machine for you, Lance...just exorcise the uneeded plumbing and wiring...install new belts and radiator hoses...throw a little Giant from Judson on it...and go to town.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

Jimbo said:
That could be a happening machine for you, Lance...just exorcise the uneeded plumbing and wiring...install new belts and radiator hoses...throw a little Giant from Judson on it...and go to town.

Dang, why didn't i think of that?

I don't understand a few of the " issues " here,

why is it all important for the machine to get an alternator?

Why not just add another battery, maybe a deep cycle marine grade, and let the van charge both batteries while driving?

I believe I have asked a couple of times with no response, does the engine run?

If not you should run to get your money, especially if there is an option like Miley said there is.

Name
I'm Rick James

Mikey P said:
Lance

If you cant get your money then go to the police and report it to your CC for theft. $3,000 is a lot of money and I believe is a felony in most states. Quit screwing around with this, it probably already cost you $10,000 of thousands of dollars by not starting your business.

You'll be suprised how quick you can get your money when you start talking about pressing theft charges.

No machine..no money = theft.

Its to bad that it has to come to this.. but this effects your family and shouldnt be tolerated.

IMHO

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
Lance

Lance,you should consider that a blessing. I would drive there tomorrow, pick up the check.... head to Mr. Vawter 's........and be cleaning by Thursday.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I know of an awesome OP machine you could buy for well under $3000.00

Just sayin.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

i was hoping that Rob (the fellow that bought my last Genie) would be up and running by now.......and could report in...HOWEVER...
he is having trouble finding a muffler shop that can install the other flowmaster unnernieth....
it's jus 3"..........no big deal!
he's all installed 'cept that!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

This ain't rocket science boys and girls
it's real simple, go get your dough and regroup .
Take a breath and THINK about your options

Now some questions so "I" can help you make a "wise" choice
I'm going to ASSume a whole lot since you said it's the "TM" that's holding up from a biz start-up

What make and model van do you have?

Got the gear?...hoses , wand, reels, etc

Now I need a sense of "your" mechanical abilities and aptitude .

Can you change a light bulb ?
Could you wire the fixture ?

Can you/do you think you could change your own oil on your vehicles ?

Can you/do you think you could do a brake job or engine tune-up, etc?

if you answered yes to all that, your options are greatly increased

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator

Jeeze, no reason at all to get the law involved here...

Larry, Lance was going to put that beast in a trailer is what I heard.

Just get your money back and go find a super simple unit IN A VAN!

Bob's Genie would be killer for you. Only one motor to maintain.

Name
I'm Rick James

Mikey P said:
Jeeze, no reason at all to get the law involved here...

Larry, Lance was going to put that beast in a trailer is what I heard.

Just get your money back and go find a super simple unit IN A VAN!

Bob's Genie would be killer for you. Only one motor to maintain.

I hate to see this go down with Greenir, he is a cool dude that helped me and sold me a heater.. But come on, no returned phone calls, not emails, no communication, no money, no business to support his family.

Maybe Im to much of an A-hole

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill

i felt the same way but after a days worth of texting back and forth with him the other day
i see another side of the story..on this and what happened to him..i was super pissed and felt
screwed somehow with the treatment and that was/is not at all his intention.
i will post up a good bit of info in a few days when i have more time and can put my thoughts
together better..i was happy and surprised when he sent me a text and it went on and on explaining
lots of stuff and opening my eyes a little..

randy

Name
Randy

steve said:
Mikey P said:
Lance

Lance,you should consider that a blessing. I would drive there tomorrow, pick up the check.... head to Mr. Vawter 's........and be cleaning by Thursday.

Absolutely drive up and get your money back while that offer is on the table. End this now and get a better unit. If you
don't have a truck yet buy one in Michigan and drive it back after Bob installs your unit. You will be so much happier with a quality unit than winging it on a prayer. I'm all for prayer, but God is sick of the famous carpet cleaner's prayer " Oh God please help the truck mount to start, I've got work to do and bills to pay." Cleaners that don't even believe in God have prayed that one for sure. A lousy truck mount becomes a prayer alter for even agnostic cleaners. You don't want to be going through that nightmare.

Granted a 35 hour road trip across the country seems daunting but in the "big picture " of starting a business it's a minor detail.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

Brian R said:
I know of an awesome OP machine you could buy for well under $3000.00

Just sayin.

Lance has had a jiggler for years. But he wants to get SERIOUS about carpet CLEANING. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(You just keep beggin' for it.)

Back
Top Bottom