Just for Mardie and you other VLM only goobers.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
That's a job for a rotary extractor not a wimpy wand.

I guess everything is relative.

yep...you would of went over that one time with this and popped those traffic areas up a bit better............

20140106_083141_zps7f2ae7cc.gif

Reactions: Mardie

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Mike, did you guys prescrub with a 175? What prespray? What rinse? Great job!

The Clean Machine

Keeping up

Name
Joe Cockerham
Always a need for HWE.....

But I could have cleaned that by VLM pretty easy.

How much water was used in this cleaning? Couple hundred gallons? I used 2.

How much gas was used in this cleaning? I used none.

How much co2 was put in the atmosphere? Zero for me.

How long was the carpet wet? Mine was a bit damp...for about an hour.

I did not see that many dry passes by the tech:lol:. View attachment 3666View attachment 3665

My pics show a cleaning done VLM style by a skilled cleaner. Carpet not cleaned in 4 years ...since the renter moved in after graduating college. Many big parties and 3 mid 20s roomates that good care less about getting up spills and spots...until their lease was up.

If you are saying HWE is the only way to clean, you are sadly mistaken.:winky:

Reactions: GeeeAus and Mardie

Mikey P

Administrator

How much water was used in this cleaning? Couple hundred gallons? I used 2.- 50 gallons tops

How much gas was used in this cleaning? I used none., you pulled your Jiggler there with your bicycle?

How much co2 was put in the atmosphere? Zero for me. including my farts?

How long was the carpet wet? Mine was a bit damp...for about an hour. probably overnight to be honest, but I REMOVED SOiI, YOU HID IT.

I did not see that many dry passes by the tech:lol:. I't's a 2.5 Vortex dude...

My pics show a cleaning done VLM style by a skilled cleaner. Carpet not cleaned in 4 years ...since the renter moved in after graduating college. Many big parties and 3 mid 20s roomates that good care less about getting up spills and spots...until their lease was up.

you forgot to add how many pads you used to hide the dirt..

and the sample you showed is nowhere near as greasy.

Last edited:

Mike Draper

Shorty, we cleaned about 900 feet there, about half was that greasy. Two hours for $465.

Jim...we didn't have the HOSS with us...

Fookin wand hack! Looks like you need a lesson from Tater.:icon_redface:

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mikey I am surprised that you would use an example of a carpet with dog oils to try to belittle VLM cleaners. I would have made short work of that with VLM and at the same time would have accomplished full odor removal. You say you are a VLM cleaner also but given your thoughts I can see that you do not understand it and if you call having a 175 is being a VLM cleaner then you are a lost soul on the subject of VLM.

FredC

Village Idiot
Seems you do not get it either, as YOUR website states....

What cleaning method is the best?
The best method for cleaning a particular carpet is dependent on a range of factors. All carpet cleaning methods offer various advantages, but also have some limitations. No single method is superior to all others. Properly performed under appropriate conditions, each method can provide satisfactory results. Rest assured you carpet and uphostery will be cleaned with the appropriate method for maximum effectiveness.

HWE has limitations too! All due respect, I hope your attention to detail ...mis-spelling UPHOLSTERY, is better when cleaning the carpets.

oooh...oooh..are we spell checking websites?

View attachment 3667

and it looks to me like Mike's example fits the conditions you describe on your own site as needing HWE.

A few drink spills in your pic...not so much.........

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
^^^Mikey you should keep a shorter leash and a better muzzle on your Dog. ^^^ That way this board wont be exposing its agenda for hwe. Maybe that is why *** has a much larger membership than MB.

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
HWE has limitations too! All due respect, I hope your attention to detail ...mis-spelling UPHOLSTERY, is better when cleaning the carpets.[/QUOTE]

The word "misspelling" is not hyphenated.

Sorry to be a word weenie but you started it.

FredC

Village Idiot
^^^Mikey you should keep a shorter leash and a better muzzle on your Dog. ^^^ That way this board wont be exposing its agenda for hwe. Maybe that is why *** has a much larger membership than MB.

Mardie,

It isn't an agenda...it is called a conscience. Some people have one and just wouldn't feel right calling something clean after smearing piss and vomit around on a residential carpet.

Also, it appears this guy isn't using the super-duper God designed machine you are.......only a CRB..........which is way worse imo.

Last edited:

John G

Good to see Mikey impressed himself, but like stated above, no big deal, just another dirty carpet that most anyone could clean.
But agree with others, Mikey's view of VLM is really short sighted and rather naive.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've seen Mike use low moisture systems.

I've seen him use his Orbot and his two Cimex's, I'd say he is as versatile a cleaner as there is.

Isn't it ironic when the one trick pony people call the rest of us with multiple systems closed minded. :oldrolleyes: Grow up Mardie!

Willy P

Name
Willy P

How much water was used in this cleaning? Couple hundred gallons?
I used 2.How much water was used to clean those filthy rags? Did you do it in your home washing machine?

How much gas was used in this cleaning? I used none.How did you get there? Teleport?

How much co2 was put in the atmosphere? Zero for me.See above

How long was the carpet wet? Mine was a bit damp...for about an hour. How much chemical residue?

I did not see that many dry passes by the tech:lol:. View attachment 3666View attachment 3665

Tater - HEAD

Keeping up

Name
Joe Cockerham
I would have pulled out my HWE, but I was able to experiment.

A few drink spills? Good Grief, more like hundreds, and a big chow mix mutt.

I pooted 3 times during this cleaning, silent type.

Thanks for the gallon of water used update. Now I can use that to help sell my process.

First there is a reason why I did not post my website in this forum as it is a work in progress. I have not advertised it yet. I also see that Mr. Fred C. the admin of this site does not respect the privacy of its members, as it seems the admins would be the only people who could search out my specifics from my sign up information. All due respect, thats an ass move. Additionally, I clearly state on the site I clean carpets better than I make a website! I am a new company in residential (doing commercial for a while) with this brand new website. :razz: I retired after many quality years but needed something to do, and I chose this industry. I signed up to enjoy conversation and to share ideas, and the first post I see discusses us VLMers in a bad light. So I responded in kind.

Since you have the time to google and discover my website, please continue to look at my background. I have specified, managed, and sold over 50 million in commercial carpeting, and cleaned a lot of them on contract after the new carpet was installed. I have been to many mills including Shaw, Milliken, Interface, Lees, and Armstrong. I have been to many IICRC classes, and I have dealt with manufacturer claims in amounts than most cleaners do not earn in years on the job. I know more about carpet fibers, how they are made, and how to clean them than most folks in the industry.

That being said, I take offense to those who claim VLM does not clean. It does. You do not need a Ford f350 to tow a row boat. You do not need a powerful truckmounted HWE system to clean most residential carpets either.

Low blow however on the spell check comment, and I apologize for that. However Fred C. you certainly did not take the high road here either.

I just got upset seeing that this guy says I do not get it while his website stated basically the opposite.

Carry On

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What cleaning method is the best?
The best method for cleaning a particular carpet is dependent on a range of factors. All carpet cleaning methods offer various advantages, but also have some limitations. No single method is superior to all others. Properly performed under appropriate conditions, each method can provide satisfactory results. Rest assured you carpet and upholstery will be cleaned with the appropriate method for maximum effectiveness.
I agree! So do you offer your clients more than one system for cleaning? Or are you like our resident one trick pony that points the finger but refuses to look in the mirror. :icon_question:

Back
Top Bottom