Just for Mardie and you other VLM only goobers.

FredC

Village Idiot
Well said Lockhart...and I fixed that spelling error in your FAQs. :winky:

Name
Todd
But I could have cleaned that by VLM pretty easy.

How much water was used in this cleaning? Couple hundred gallons? I used 2.

How much gas was used in this cleaning? I used none.

How much co2 was put in the atmosphere? Zero for me.

How long was the carpet wet? Mine was a bit damp...for about an hour.

I did not see that many dry passes by the tech:lol:. View attachment 3666View attachment 3665

My pics show a cleaning done VLM style by a skilled cleaner. Carpet not cleaned in 4 years ...since the renter moved in after graduating college. Many big parties and 3 mid 20s roomates that good care less about getting up spills and spots...until their lease was up.

If you are saying HWE is the only way to clean, you are sadly mistaken.:winky:

The after picture still looks like it needs the sticky film rinsed out of the carpet to me. If Mikey took one swipe across that carpet with his Vortex you would see...

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
But I could have cleaned that by VLM pretty easy.

How much water was used in this cleaning? Couple hundred gallons? I used 2.

How much gas was used in this cleaning? I used none.

How much co2 was put in the atmosphere? Zero for me.

How long was the carpet wet? Mine was a bit damp...for about an hour.

I did not see that many dry passes by the tech:lol:. View attachment 3666View attachment 3665

My pics show a cleaning done VLM style by a skilled cleaner. Carpet not cleaned in 4 years ...since the renter moved in after graduating college. Many big parties and 3 mid 20s roomates that good care less about getting up spills and spots...until their lease was up.

If you are saying HWE is the only way to clean, you are sadly mistaken.:winky:

You tater come on strong...man
How much water do you use to wash your pads? Or do you throw away your pads after cleaning?

How much gas is being burnt to make the hot water you use? Or how much electricity is being used to make the hot water? (Either in the customer's water heater or your bucket heater) remember: electricity doesn't appear magically (going to assume not all of your customers have solar panels either...

And yes most respected members here use multiple methods and tools to get the jobs done.
As it was said already.

Are we supposed to be impressed by you saying you got good ol' cash for that job? So what? Bfd.
Is that some kind of- "look I'm so cool, the IRS doesn't even know this" sentence?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Keeping up

Name
Joe Cockerham
There seems to be a misunderstanding. I do use HWE, as well as VLM. I titled my initial thread...there is always a need for HWE. I have a king cobra 1200 pro. Its a bad ass machine.

I do not have a truckmount because the majority of work I do is in commercial. There are relationships built after spending over 15 years in the commercial carpet industry, and access to taller buildings means the best value for me is a portable.

LCS, a bell does not go off in my head either, except for the bell tat wants to personally take on a challage to actually see what the capabilities of the vlm system is. Thats being open minded.

Again folks, I logged on and saw a thread that called me a goon, and I responded.

Fred C, help me learn here then. How did you do that then using only jt, tater and carolina. Thats all the public profile shows. Please tell me how you did it.

Todd, I am a conservative period. However, the folks buying our services may not be, and when in Rome you must talk Roman. I do not think you go into a liberal customers house and tell them Al Gore is a hack and Global Warming is a lie. (I believe it is!) That may be the last job you get from them.

FredC

Village Idiot
This is not the only place you have used the name...........

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
There seems to be a misunderstanding. I do use HWE, as well as VLM. I titled my initial thread...there is always a need for HWE. I have a king cobra 1200 pro. Its a bad ass machine.

I do not have a truckmount because the majority of work I do is in commercial. There are relationships built after spending over 15 years in the commercial carpet industry, and access to taller buildings means the best value for me is a portable.

LCS, a bell does not go off in my head either, except for the bell tat wants to personally take on a challage to actually see what the capabilities of the vlm system is. Thats being open minded.

Again folks, I logged on and saw a thread that called me a goon, and I responded.

Fred C, help me learn here then. How did you do that then using only jt, tater and carolina. Thats all the public profile shows. Please tell me how you did it.

Todd, I am a conservative period. However, the folks buying our services may not be, and when in Rome you must talk Roman. I do not think you go into a liberal customers house and tell them Al Gore is a hack and Global Warming is a lie. (I believe it is!) That may be the last job you get from them.

The king cobra is a bad ass machine for commercial work :eekk:, Yikes!

Man, that must take you forever. We had one for years, liked the dual purpose cobra for restroom floors/walls.
For carpets though? No way, i would have a mutiny on my hands.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Tater this thread is typical behaviour of how VLM threads go on this board. The guys on this thread that say how they own VLM equipment so they know how it works are FOS. The VLM equipment they have is only used to repair or assist in work their TMs were not capable of accomplishing. Then you have the guys that just hack out commercial work with their Cimexes. This is what they call VLM carpet cleaning. This is all they know. Their maybe a small hand full of guys on this Board that qualify as a professional VLM carpet cleaners. You will also notice that the most active posters on this thread are the administrators and moderators LOL I can only see this as an attempt to manipulate the direction that non hwe threads take on this board. You can always count on the same small group that have showed up on this thread to show up on all moderator manipulated threads. . The serious operators on this board do not waste their time with this bs. CARRY ON

John G

The whole purpose of this thread was for Mikey to get posts on the bbs, however being you started it, I am still waiting for you HWE guys to PROVE scientifically that you remove more or leave the carpet cleaner...
Opinions are just like aholes and I see more opinions than proof here.

At least VLM guys are willing to do the testing....

Cowards..

F

FB7777

Did you just validate yourself to Mardie the phucktard?

Who you gonna pound yore chest at next ... Brokum?

Reactions: Chris A

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The whole purpose of this thread was for Mikey to get posts on the bbs, however being you started it, I am still waiting for you HWE guys to PROVE scientifically that you remove more or leave the carpet cleaner...

Cowards..

P9060712.jpg

P9060724.jpg

P9060727.jpg

your turn............

FredC

Village Idiot

Cowards..

Speaking of proof. How about showing that ANY part of the contact surface on your machine is actually moving 125mph. Show mathematical proof.

I won't send you shit...but if either you or Mardie can show that I will instantly paypal $100 to the charity of your choice.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
how much more testing do you need? with you preferred method.

WHERE DOES THE DIRT AND GREASE GO?

I DUMP THE WASTE TANK AND THE GREASE AND DIRT GO DOWN THE SANITARY SEWER LINE, WHERE DOES YOURS GO?

JOHN DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STOP COMPROMISING YOURSELF IN THESE TYPES OF RESIDENTIAL THREADS.

I remember when you came to town and "cleaned" with your trinity over at brians brothers house in arlington. No one was impressed and no one bought one of your units (there that i know of). Brian even said many times to me that he was not impressed with either your machine or yor method and you didnt have mediocre(spelling police) results.

does you machine have its place in a commercial setting, pretty sure it might, but i still see more poeple buying cimexes over buying your units.

why is that?

This board by all means pushes an objective and that objective is how to be the best at what you are doing and that is supposed to be cleaning carpet.

I am a very firm believer in hwe for residential carpets and hwe in commercial settings where children will come in direct contact with the carpet like playing or crawling on carpet. For commercial carpet i have no problem with vlm or bonneting or encap or even you faoming with your vonschrader. In a commercial setting they just need it to look clean, they (for the most part) dont care if it is really "clean" as long as it looks clean and therefore good.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
LOL Mardie bite me ahhhss!

We clean 10-times what you wish you could do. :icon_rolleyes:
This is just part of the low moisture equipment we own.

DSC_0330_zpse577321e.jpg

Ya but Richard you are special. Like I said their is only a small hand full of professional VLM carpet cleaners on this board. BTW I would bet that you are on the top of the heap as far as this board goes :p

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Cowards..

You could only blame yourself when your business is completely dead....I mean to talk to your potential customers the way you do a lot of times, is ridiculous!

You dug a hole my man, deeper than your rope...

I couldn't imagine talking to our potential customer base the way you do. Just because they don't agree with whatever I believe is right.

If you were not a manufacturer of a tool that many of the members could use, I could care less but I actually feel embarrassed for you man.... the more you calling us names the more you alienate the very people you want to be your paying customers.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I believe I'm not alone that can comfortably make a statement that I have been on jobs where we used VonSchrader címex OP or CRB without pulling in hoses from a TM. And I also know that over the years those jobs paid hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars and give us the qualifications to say: we know how vlm cleaning works and performs.

Keeping up

Name
Joe Cockerham
You keep asking where does the soil go. It goes in the vac or in the pads.

I have Op residential before, and when I ring out those dirty pads, the water is very dirty, so it can not be said that that method does not get up dirt. Which brings me back to a question I asked 8 hours ago responding to will P who said...how many filthy rags did I go through to clean that room.

If VLM does not clean, why are those pads so filthy?

Heres another quandary? All manufactures recommend to get a spot out, put down some cleaner and blot with a white 100% cotton towel.

It seems that is what the Op is doing is blotting with a cotton pad, just on a larger scale. Simple definition, but it does make some sense right?

bildung

Name
Noel Jones
Head to head

I'm a VLMer who's followed these pitched battles here and elsewhere for a while.

I've also used TM with both wands and rotating powerheads.

I like the OP machines, but do find them maintenance intensive compared to conventional 175s.

Cotton bonnets are a must for me; I use the microfibers only on light soil or for passes when the carpet is becoming dry enough to drag the machine if using cotton.

I find the obsession with 'tip bloom' completely specious.

I've just started my own shop after years as a tech using both padcap and HWE. I focus on apartments. So its sort of like doing residential in a commercial environment.

I've done head to head in demo with HWE twice in recent times, on a large resort (as a tech) and on my first apartment vend. VLM won both times, particularly in the apartment case because of the inability of HWE to handle complex stains, particularly from pets and mascara.

The HWE either couldn't budge the stains or, once the stain was 'flushed' (into the pad) it wicked back.

The mascara case is illustrative--it would be almost impossible to just 'smear around' mascara thinly enough to disguise its presence.
VLM does remove soiling and staining, with the chemistry advancing rapidly all the time.

Nor does the 'really dirty water coming out of my waste tank' argument carry much weight. That water has traveled through a dirty vacuum hose, passed through a dirty filter complex and dwelt in a dirty waste tank. And a little soil goes a long way in making water look cloudy.

There are plenty of 'parlor tricks' in HWE, just as is alleged for VLM.

Oh well, tomorrow I go after my next apartment complex, a demo with lots of red and blue stains the TM guys haven't been getting up, meaning carpet replacement. Wish me luck!

Mikey P

Administrator
padding: carpet but urine, blood, feces, vomit and god knows what else in it..

I think a prostitute will have an easier time getting through the pearly gates

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I have been testing Flex with Citrus Solv And Pro Chem Power Burst And Pro Chem Power Strike boosted with Pet Zone to clean my cotton pads. I fill a bath tub up half full with the hot water tank set on high and soak for 2-3 hrs. The water turns grossly dirty with the pads just sitting their soaking. The dirty water looks like a solid. Then put in front end loader and rinse and spin dry 1/2 hr. then wash then another rinse and spin dry. Anyway I know where the dirt goes and so do my happy clients.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have been testing Flex with Citrus Solv And Pro Chem Power Burst And Pro Chem Power Strike boosted with Pet Zone to clean my cotton pads. I fill a bath tub up half full with the hot water tank set on high and soak for 2-3 hrs. The water turns grossly dirty with the pads just sitting their soaking. The dirty water looks like a solid. Then put in front end loader and rinse and spin dry 1/2 hr. then wash then another rinse and spin dry. Anyway I know where the dirt goes and so do my happy clients.

So how much water does it actually take to "clean" one job? (calculate in the jobsite, bathtub, washing machine...) And how much energy as in gas or electric to get all that hot water?

It's not as "green" or as "dry" is it...?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
what the production rates on vlm has to to slow as heck?
i have a op machine in the shop and some cotton pads i sure wish someone would show me how to do this.
Because i know i turned down 4 jobs in the last 30 days which could not be done with a truck mount.
I have played with it some but refuse to pull it out and and actually charge some one for this service.
thought about a good portable but then i thought about actually using one.
heck time ya go get it out of the shop you would have to have a 250 min at least.
what a good day on a vlm truck?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm a VLMer who's followed these pitched battles here and elsewhere for a while.

I've also used TM with both wands and rotating powerheads.

I like the OP machines, but do find them maintenance intensive compared to conventional 175s.

Cotton bonnets are a must for me; I use the microfibers only on light soil or for passes when the carpet is becoming dry enough to drag the machine if using cotton.

I find the obsession with 'tip bloom' completely specious.

I've just started my own shop after years as a tech using both padcap and HWE. I focus apartments. So its sort of like doing residential in a commercial environment.

I've done head to head in demo with HWE twice in recent times, on a large resort (as a tech) and on my first apartment vend. VLM won both times, particularly in the apartment case because of the inability of HWE to handle complex stains, particularly from pets and mascara.

The HWE either couldn't budge the stains or, once the stain was 'flushed' (into the pad) it wicked back.

The mascara case is illustrative--it would be almost impossible to just 'smear around' mascara thinly enough to disguise its presence.
VLM does remove soiling and staining, with the chemistry advancing rapidly all the time.

Nor does the 'really dirty water coming out of my waste tank' argument carry much weight. That water has traveled through a dirty vacuum hose, passed through a dirty filter complex and dwelt in a dirty waste tank. And a little soil goes a long way in making water look cloudy.

There are plenty of 'parlor tricks' in HWE, just as is alleged for VLM.

Oh well, tomorrow I go after my next apartment complex, a demo with lots of red and blue stains the TM guys haven't been getting up, meaning carpet replacement. Wish me luck!

LOL! You gotta be shiiiting maaan...!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like OP and Encap and when used in the right setting your results can be as good or better than HWE. But not every situation is the best use for those systems. We use them when they make the most sense appearance wise and production wise.

As far as testing, its been done and the reason the mills won't back those systems is weight. Yep they weighed the samples before and after and there wasn't enough weight change to validate soil removal.

DUNG, Really pushed the stain to the pad??? You either had a weakassed TM or a portable. I'd rather OP any day than use a portable.
You sound as if the TM at your old job must have underpowered? Or You can't afford one and knocking tm's is your way of rationalizing it to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
So how much water does it actually take to "clean" one job? (calculate in the jobsite, bathtub, washing machine...) And how much energy as in gas or electric to get all that hot water?

It's not as "green" or as "dry" is it...?

Energy input would be a fraction of what a TM uses. It is dry for the client and that is the only dry that matters.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Sheesh, you just lost me and I'm the only liberal still alive on this board :eekk:

Folks, there's what's called a 'first post syndrome', so take it easy. Usually people lurk for a long while and finally they post and they make it strong and they make it count. For example, Mardie has had it continually ever since he joined (back in 1989 :winky:)

Eventually the first post syndrome goes away and everything is hunky dory, and order comes back to our galaxy. Especially once the steam rolling is done. So Tater is entitled to his constitutional grace period (and his opinion.)

Tater, please don't lose your liberal friends here in steaming, sweltering good old San Francisco.

Last edited:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I got a crb a couple of weeks ago mainly to use as a prescrub before rinsing with the truckmount. Twice in this short time, I've had customers look at the carpet just after the scrub and tell me it looked great thinking I was done so I have no doubt you can get away with vlm cleaning and still have happy customers. In both of those cases though I cleaned a path with the wand and it made a very noticeable difference to me and the customer at that point the customer didn't think it looked just good or great they thought it was amazing.

Bottom line is multiple methods will always be better than one and and if i had to choose one I'd give up the crb or the 175 before I'd give up my truckmount.

Same applies to bonnet cleaning with a 175. I can't speak to an OP machine because I don't have one yet but you can bet your bottom dollar that since I consider myself a professional carpet cleaner I will be adding one in the near future to complement my crb, cimex, 175, portable and truckmount.

Also I agree with Zee. You can bet your next bottom dollar that when I do add an OP machine it will not be any kind of Trinity machine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom