Just for Mardie and you other VLM only goobers.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
To the semi dim and uninitiated: Mardie is not here to learn, nor to exchange knowledge. He's here to practice, enjoy and satisfy his oppositional personality.

The proper response to his posts is: "Yes Mardie."

Eventually as he grows on you, to be converted endearingly to "Yes dear."

Unless, of course, Willy has other suggestions........:winky:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not really fair to walk into a forum with 500k posts and pull a couple out to say AHA.

Think you will find most of us have cimexs also and like low moisture in some settings. We probably just disagree on what settings.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bought a Cimex about 8 months ago and can't believe how long it took me to realize the value of encap cleaning on commercial carpet. I decided on the Cimex while heavily valuing the opinion of Mikey (Chavez and others too). Each tool has something it's used for. I agree that using VLM to clean residential carpet, particularly when that's all you've got, is really slighting the customer. It's really kind of strange there's any argument at all about how to go about the business of residential carpet cleaning. Most customers know the difference enough to ask for HWE, we as the pros should definitely know the difference.

The Clean Machine

Keeping up

Name
Joe Cockerham
I see a lot of activity on this one!

Willy P, you asked, How much water was used to clean those filthy rags?

I have one too. How the heck do the rags get filthy if the VLM process does not clean?.....anybody?

...and theres your sign!

Can I get some dirt on a rag after carpet has been cleaned by HWE...yep. Can HWE get dirt out after a VLMer? Yep. Can I get up dog hair and other gunk after HWE...yep again.

You also responded about CO2, asking how I got there. I should have been more clear in my question. I thought most would understand that we all give off some CO2 getting to a jobsite. I meant to ask how much was given off after you got to the site. I will be more clear for you in the future.

BTW, my little PT Crusier gave off way less than most going to a jobsite.

I CRB AND padcap in my vlm process. I do not reuse. 100% cotton is natural fiber and is biodegradable.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
To the semi dim and uninitiated: Mardie is not here to learn, nor to exchange knowledge. He's here to practice, enjoy and satisfy his oppositional personality.

The proper response to his posts is: "Yes Mardie."

Eventually as he grows on you, to be converted endearingly to "Yes dear."

Unless, of course, Willy has other suggestions........:winky:

I ask many questions and provide helpful input on a regular basis. Ofer you misinterpret me because I do not wave the HWE flag. That is a sign of you being closed minded.

Reactions: ruff

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
This year we are REALLY going all out green with one of these bad boys...

kramrickshaw.jpg

Reactions: Willy P

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
BTW Tater welcome aboard. It sure is refreshing to see a poster that is open minded and knows his stuff. As you probably have noticed this BB is geared to TM HWE guys. However I have found most of the people and info on this BB to be very helpful.:rockon:

Reactions: Keeping up

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Welcome Tater!

W
e are actually very open minded. Most of us offer many different systems for carpet cleaning. It's Mardie that thinks the the Von Schredder is the best thing since sliced bread. Now it's OP...oh throw in a Cimex there too. One of these days he will buy a TM and then it will be HWE that is the greatest. :icon_rolleyes:

c3a01c29-a938-45ea-8182-95b68b13e273_zps60f7c654.jpg

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
But I could have cleaned that by VLM pretty easy.

How much water was used in this cleaning? Couple hundred gallons? I used 2.

How much gas was used in this cleaning? I used none.

How much co2 was put in the atmosphere? Zero for me.

How long was the carpet wet? Mine was a bit damp...for about an hour.

I did not see that many dry passes by the tech:lol:. View attachment 3666View attachment 3665

My pics show a cleaning done VLM style by a skilled cleaner. Carpet not cleaned in 4 years ...since the renter moved in after graduating college. Many big parties and 3 mid 20s roomates that good care less about getting up spills and spots...until their lease was up.

If you are saying HWE is the only way to clean, you are sadly mistaken.:winky:

Good example of VLM carpet cleaning.

Reactions: Keeping up

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey do you feel you are qualified to advise Tater on what VLM equipment to use or not to use LOL :hopeless:

more qualified than just about anyone on this board actually.

I've played with every piece of equipment worth playing with (no 1940's Von Schrader Foamers).

and talk to more cleaners than anyone here as well about the reality of it all, not just you one method, still in the honeymoon goobers.

Mikey P

Administrator
now John will come in and talk about his road tours where he helped Forrest type morons who could never figure out how to clean a carpet and not have it wick or brown and show them a way around lazyness or stupidness.

No real cleaner with a conscience would ever need to ask John for help on residential carpet.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
more qualified than just about anyone on this board actually.

I've played with every piece of equipment worth playing with (no 1940's Von Schrader Foamers).

and talk to more cleaners than anyone here as well about the reality of it all, not just you one method, still in the honeymoon goobers.

All the talking and all the equipment in the world will never make you a good cleaner. You either have the mind set to accomplish the task or you do not. So what you base your qualifications is not significant.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
now John will come in and talk about his road tours where he helped Forrest type morons who could never figure out how to clean a carpet and not have it wick or brown and show them a way around lazyness or stupidness.

No real cleaner with a conscience would ever need to ask John for help on residential carpet.

WOW ! quite a statement you make their. So when you started out as a carpet cleaner did you just know it all coming out of the gate or did you learn in time.

Keeping up

Name
Joe Cockerham
Thought I would also share the pic of the junk that came up after prevac with a crb in just half this room.

Jimmy L, this appears to more than APPEARANCE. I also was paid in good old cash for my appearance at this job too! View attachment 3668

Name
Todd
I see a lot of activity on this one!

Willy P, you asked, How much water was used to clean those filthy rags?

I have one too. How the heck do the rags get filthy if the VLM process does not clean?.....anybody?

...and theres your sign!

Can I get some dirt on a rag after carpet has been cleaned by HWE...yep. Can HWE get dirt out after a VLMer? Yep. Can I get up dog hair and other gunk after HWE...yep again.

You also responded about CO2, asking how I got there. I should have been more clear in my question. I thought most would understand that we all give off some CO2 getting to a jobsite. I meant to ask how much was given off after you got to the site. I will be more clear for you in the future.

BTW, my little PT Crusier gave off way less than most going to a jobsite.

I CRB AND padcap in my vlm process. I do not reuse. 100% cotton is natural fiber and is biodegradable.

This guy sounds like one of Al Gore global warming weenies. Wasn't that just Debunked ?

FredC

Village Idiot
First there is a reason why I did not post my website in this forum as it is a work in progress. I have not advertised it yet. I also see that Mr. Fred C. the admin of this site does not respect the privacy of its members, as it seems the admins would be the only people who could search out my specifics from my sign up information. All due respect, thats an ass move. Additionally, I clearly state on the site I clean carpets better than I make a website! I am a new company in residential (doing commercial for a while) with this brand new website. :razz: I retired after many quality years but needed something to do, and I chose this industry. I signed up to enjoy conversation and to share ideas, and the first post I see discusses us VLMers in a bad light. So I responded in kind.

Since you have the time to google and discover my website, please continue to look at my background. I have specified, managed, and sold over 50 million in commercial carpeting, and cleaned a lot of them on contract after the new carpet was installed. I have been to many mills including Shaw, Milliken, Interface, Lees, and Armstrong. I have been to many IICRC classes, and I have dealt with manufacturer claims in amounts than most cleaners do not earn in years on the job. I know more about carpet fibers, how they are made, and how to clean them than most folks in the industry.

Low blow however on the spell check comment, and I apologize for that. However Fred C. you certainly did not take the high road here either.

I just got upset seeing that this guy says I do not get it while his website stated basically the opposite.

Carry On

Lol...what super secret admin info do you think I have? Who you are can easily be found using ONLY the info in your post and public profile.

Users who come in trash talking in their first post get checked out because they are usually duplicates/alias or banned.

I certainly don't feel bad for posting a cap of your site after you chose to correct the spelling on Lockharts site.

Not sure what any of that other stuff should mean to me..........

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Wow the ignorance.

Most of us that are providing deep cleaning or the best method of cleaning that we know of, are using crbs in homes to dig that crap out of the carpet. We also use cimexs and op machine but in their correct application/ environment and residential is not it.

I am not going into a home and smearing crap evenly all over the place and call it clean. I love how you stated you are padding afterwards, and it must make you feel better that you are removing some soil from the customers home, but nowhere close my any means to what hwe is going to remove.

I understand that you like this process of vlm with your crb and post padding but I have the same equipment you have and would never do such disservice to my customers, knowing the limitations of the vlm method.

Most of us own many crbs and orbitals and use them everyday, but when I see a carpet in the condition like mikey posted in that video, a bell doesn't go off in my head and say " man I can get that clean with a crb and a buffer in no time". We flush it out with high volume high pressure hwe and the carpets are still dry in about 2 hours.

I think it very funny you come on to a forum and call out successful operators that are succeeding on high levels with workloads you can( probably at this time) only can dream about.

Instead of coming on here and fighting to justify to yourself that your method is great, you should be using this mass amount of knowledge and database of wisdom to further your understanding and therefore gain great wealth through those who have come before you and are so willing to share with you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom