just got scammed

F

FB7777

Did you ever contact local authorities regarding the fraudulent check?

It sounds like she acquired those US Bank checks by using a third party check printing company and simply provided a phoney account number

And I seriously doubt she had these checks printed and only used them that one time to get her carpets cleaned

If other victims came forward , she may get a knock on her door with the help of the new address you can provide to the police

Mike Draper

After I received notice from the bank that the check was fake I would have left a voicemail that I'm going to authorities at 4pm the next day If she doesn't pay up. Even if she did pay up I would still go to authorities. I think you dropped the ball by trying not to be impolite. She is scamming many others and nobody is doing anything other than giving her empty threats, therefore she is still out screwing people.

Reactions: burbuja2

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That's the problem... All these businesses -that these scammers screw over- are too afraid to do anything. We're all scared of "bad press" on social media.

Sometimes it's better to just show up personally at their door and tell them face to face in no uncertain terms that We Will Get Paid! I did just that a couple years ago and I collected cash.

Friend of mine sold vinyl flooring and installed a whole kitchen-dining area to a customer.... Wasn't getting paid and the whole thing was just dragging...he had enough. Showed up with 3 of his guys on Sunday during family lunch time. Walked in and all 4 of them proceeded cutting the vinyl up and pulled it up. While the family was in disbelief.... Hey what are they going to do? They never actually owned that vinyl.. It still belonged to my friend's store. End of story.

Another idea that happened 3 houses down the street from me (in Europe): the guy there had some kind of business dealing going bad: I saw the car that pulled up late night and they threw a hand grenade in his yard. Yep, it was pretty freaking loud as it exploded on a quiet night.

Mike Draper

if its over $99.........
image.jpeg

Reactions: JS41035

Brian H

Name
Brian H
There are lots of FUN ideas on what you can do to customers that don't pay. We get a few of those every year and after exhausting the usual internal methods to collect, we just turn them over to a collection agency and forget about them. Why waste energy on a deadbeat/thief!!

We do block those jobs both with the phone number and address. It's interesting to see how often people will try to book a new appointment even though they have not paid for prior cleanings. We will take the appointment manually (our system won't allow blocked customers to be actually booked) without mention of outstanding monies owed. It's then up to me as to what we do. I usually call and arrange payment before we do any additional work. Sometimes though I just leave them thinking they have an appointment and never call. We "no call/no show" on them. It doesn't get us paid, but it makes me feel good. :rockon:

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Any check over $200 that I feel a little uneasy about I call the bank to verify funds before starting work. Takes 5 minutes tops.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I usually don't have a problem leaving a bill, but this week I was in a time crunch because my first job of the day doubled her services.. I cleaned everything except her Lr and a hall, I said my wife will contact her for the extra work she wanted done. She won't answer or return calls! I'm going to send a bill and if she doesn't pay I will take her to court(well my wife will, what a waste of time)..

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
The guy my brother use to work for had him go back to the house and say if they didn't get paid he was going to give her carpet back all the dirty water lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom