Latest with Harris Research vs. Mytee/All Holed Glides?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Each wand has specific and precise angles the "holes, slots, etc." are punched at in order to properly contact the surface when in use. Some are cut a 6 o'clock which is simple, but many are cut between 4 and 5:30 and some are punched through a narrow plug which is not possible with a home drill press or hand drill.

Take care,
Lisa

Lora Olson

steve g said:
[quote="John La Rue":3pbqm6h9]If hole glides can no longer be sold, just send me a blank. I gots a drill press.

that is an interesting thought, just ship out a piece of teflon, that is cut to fit on whatever wand its made for, then send a template and a special drill bit or some type of router bit to cut out the desired hole or slot the glide is to have, let the customer do this part.[/quote:3pbqm6h9]

I've watched them do this, and seen all of the specialized (many custom) bits. NO WAY, NO HOW could anyone do it unless they were a machinist with some high-end equipment!!!

Mike Draper

So your saying my paper hole puncher won't work? Damn! I was thinkin we were on to somethin.

Lora Olson

I dunno Mike...you're a pretty good shot. What kinda hold you think you could make with a .308?? :p

Name
John LaBarbera
truckmount girl said:
First of all, Greenie doesn't have the glides anymore and hasn't for a while now. I got that part of the business, and sold it. I work for the company now. There is a hearing 9/11 in Utah. They threatened to issue bench warrants if we did not show.

No financial judgment has been awarded and if they were to issue a financial judgment it would be fruitless because neither Jeff nor I have any large assets...home, savings, investments, etc.

The new owner is confident he can fight the suit when/if they decide to mess with him.

I'm not sure what the current status is on Mytee's suit. Maybe John LaBarbera can fill us in. They are separate suits for the same patents in different states.

Take care,
Lisa

I've been on vacation so I missed most of this thread. Not too much to report. At the summary judgment hearing the Judge wanted the issue of infringement on Mytee's part to be heard by a jury and the same for invalidity of the Harris patents. The good news was that Harris was asked by the Judge why one of the three patents (the one I call the Jensen patent, which was totally bogus, wasn't abandon to the public. Harris' patent attorney complied by giving that one up) They (chemdry) placed that one patent in public domain I think in June '09. One down and two to go. I think we're scheduled to go to court in Oct. or Nov. this year.

G

Theres been a lot said on this subject , the biggest is the belief that with the funds available from cleaners donations ( which I have no idea how significant ) and given the court disclosure of the amount of money glide sales generated in the last few years , why wasnt more of a defense provided and why all the missing court dates ??

The reason I ask is there is currently lots of speculation and no real answers . I understand the cost of doing business , but after all has been said and done , how much money was actually spent fighting HRI , and is this amount that was spent going to be a matter of public record ???

It would certainly make the folks that have followed this case for the last few years feel like all that could be done was done.

Mikey P

Administrator
James and the other idiots form *** who lurk here..

$900 was raised by me/mb/mikefesters to help GG with their lawyer's fee.

$900 got them 2 hours of face time.

G

Mikey P said:
James and the other idiots form ® who lurk here..

approx 2.3 mil over 3 years from glide sales - yes , I did say donations were probably not significant , but just how much was spent on the fight from $$$ from glide sales ?? I would think several hundred thousand plus showing up to court , not counting the support from mytee and Jim B would leave them in better shape than what they are in now ??

Mikey P

Administrator
James Cooper said:
[quote="Mikey P":1zwtxydn]James and the other idiots form ® who lurk here..

approx 2.3 mil over 3 years from glide sales - yes , I did say donations were probably not significant , but just how much was spent on the fight from $$$ from glide sales ?? I would think several hundred thousand plus showing up to court , not counting the support from mytee and Jim B would leave them in better shape than what they are in now ??[/quote:1zwtxydn]

James I know what they earned each year after all expenses were paid.

You and your idiot pals are so FAR off in your math it is beyond laughable that you can even call yourselves businessmen.

G

Mikey P said:
[quote="James Cooper":1bf08bgl][quote="Mikey P":1bf08bgl]James and the other idiots form ® who lurk here..

approx 2.3 mil over 3 years from glide sales - yes , I did say donations were probably not significant , but just how much was spent on the fight from $$$ from glide sales ?? I would think several hundred thousand plus showing up to court , not counting the support from mytee and Jim B would leave them in better shape than what they are in now ??[/quote:1bf08bgl]

James I know what they earned each year after all expenses were paid.

You and your idiot pals are so FAR off in your math it is beyond laughable that you can even call yourselves businessmen.[/quote:1bf08bgl]

Shit , cut it in half then 2.3 is in the court records , lets say its 1.1 mil - I would think you could find a couple hundred thousand and still afford to hire representation - I wonder how much cash John from Mytee has devoted to his defense ??

Mikey P

Administrator
Stick you $49 a house cpt cleaning James.

your math and knowledge of what a manufacturing business in its first few years spend on RnD, rent, employees, beta testing and materials just plain sucks.

G

I know what my cost is to make a glide , I also know what buying in bulk brings the price of teflon down to .

I am just asking a few questions that thousands of cleaners are going to be asking when they receive their notice to cease and desist useing the glides they paid for - just what the f88ck happened ???

Name
John LaBarbera
James Cooper said:
Theres been a lot said on this subject , the biggest is the belief that with the funds available from cleaners donations ( which I have no idea how significant ) and given the court disclosure of the amount of money glide sales generated in the last few years , why wasnt more of a defense provided and why all the missing court dates ??

The reason I ask is there is currently lots of speculation and no real answers . I understand the cost of doing business , but after all has been said and done , how much money was actually spent fighting HRI , and is this amount that was spent going to be a matter of public record ???

It would certainly make the folks that have followed this case for the last few years feel like all that could be done was done.

Hi James,

You say you "understand the cost of doing business". That's good. Some don't. I was wondering if you have any idea what it cost to fight such a lawsuit. I've personally spent more on this one than others I have been involved in. But I wouldn't have it any other way. There are too many bullies in this industry. The fact is, this was not an economic decision that was the motivation for Mytee. Monetarily, I would be money ahead to have avoided the law suit issue entirely. My goal is not to corner the glide market but to make it so that anyone who wants to make a glide can do so with out being persecuted. And by the same token, those who want to buy one can, from who ever they want to.

A glide is a good product, a good idea, that make things easier for a carpet cleaner, but it's hardly an invention. Frankly, I wish this could have been settled before GG had to go though what they had to. It's just not fair that if you have limited funds some one can use the law against you with out you having a fair hearing in court. If they had, GG would have won. I appreciate your interest in the expenses but I don't know why it would become public record. If you believe in what Mytee is doing, than all I can say is buy Mytee, at least til the suit is finished. For us "that is the cost of doing business".

John

F

FB7777

Greenglides sold wands, glides and other performance enhancing products

You honestly believe that Greenglides netted 50% of gross sales???

If you, Nick and Krazzy want to convince people that Jeff and Lisa took the money and ran then fine... but you are all looking foolish with your interpretation of facts

G

John LaBarbera said:
[quote="James Cooper":7ugpt2h9]Theres been a lot said on this subject , the biggest is the belief that with the funds available from cleaners donations ( which I have no idea how significant ) and given the court disclosure of the amount of money glide sales generated in the last few years , why wasnt more of a defense provided and why all the missing court dates ??

Hi James,

You say you "understand the cost of doing business". That's good. Some don't. I was wondering if you have any idea what it cost to fight such a lawsuit. I've personally spent more on this one than others I have been involved in. But I wouldn't have it any other way. There are too many bullies in this industry. The fact is, this was not an economic decision that was the motivation for Mytee. Monetarily, I would be money ahead to have avoided the law suit issue entirely. My goal is not to corner the glide market but to make it so that anyone who wants to make a glide can do so with out being persecuted. And by the same token, those who want to buy one can, from who ever they want to.

A glide is a good product, a good idea, that make things easier for a carpet cleaner, but it's hardly an invention. Frankly, I wish this could have been settled before GG had to go though what they had to. It's just not fair that if you have limited funds some one can use the law against you with out you having a fair hearing in court. If they had, GG would have won. I appreciate your interest in the expenses but I don't know why it would become public record. If you believe in what Mytee is doing, than all I can say is buy Mytee, at least til the suit is finished. For us "that is the cost of doing business".

John[/quote:7ugpt2h9]

As a mod on *** , and a buyer of glides , and a businessperson that has followed this case from the start , I was astonished at reading the court documents .

The cash that was made on glides and the cost of fighting this is just a drop in the bucket compared to the potential that this product has on an open and free market , regardless of the players involved in selling them . An outfit like GG with their available selection of fitted glides would hit the ground running and be the king of glides from the get go .

Again , in reading the court documents , this wasnt a 1 or 2 time fubar , this was total neglect of any and all court proceedings. I and lots of other folks dont understand that . Maybe we could understand being bankrupted from fighting the case and spending your profits on lawyers , but this certainly wasnt the case .

Bob Foster

Cooper, as usual you come out of the woodwork and come up with some cockamamie jab at Green Glides. And you are again continuing to illustrate what an idiot you really are.

Greenie and Lisa barely survived on the income they could take when they started Green Glides and never lived high on the hog. There were hours of work and research needed through multiple legal venues that cost thousands and thousands of dollars and this was paid out of what they earned at the time.

Neither one are or ever were complainers about their financial challenges so as a consequence few people realized the personal sacrifices those two each made in their efforts to keep Green Glides in business. However their friends were very aware that they put everyone else and their business as their top priority before every single penny they earned.

Lisa and Greenie are salt of the earth hard working honest people and the insinuations that you and your idiots over their at *** spew out insult not only Jeff and Lisa but those of us who are privileged and honored to be their friends.

G

fred boyle said:
Greenglides sold wands, glides and other performance enhancing products

If you, Nick and Krazzy want to convince people that Jeff and Lisa took the money and ran then fine... but you are all looking foolish with your interpretation of facts

what do you think is an accurate profit on a 199.00 12 - 14 inch stick of machined teflon ??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
James Cooper said:
[quote="Mikey P":32mz5zgx]James and the other idiots form ® who lurk here..

approx 2.3 mil over 3 years from glide sales - yes , I did say donations were probably not significant , but just how much was spent on the fight from $$$ from glide sales ?? I would think several hundred thousand plus showing up to court , not counting the support from mytee and Jim B would leave them in better shape than what they are in now ??[/quote:32mz5zgx]

I don't think they actually gave a shit about what harris could do, it appears to me they just said f it why pay all that money to the attorneys why not keep it. why not just change ownership when you absolutely have to, that way they are a moving target that can't be hit. this way it costs HR a ton of money and they can't do anything. to challenge HR on this I think it would probably take a $$$$500,000 war chest, good hell patent cases like this the legal fees go into the stratosphere that is why the bigger company almost always wins because they just out spend the other guys. if you are greenie and lisa why not keep the half mil be a moving target that can't be hit and hope like hell someone else kicks HR's ass on this. however the scenario below is most likely.

if I am not mistaken with john saying this has to go in front of a jury that means I think that all 12 members of the jury must decide there was infringement, which even in a slam dunk case is a scary proposition for the plaintiff. it also means HR could loose its patents on any of the at issue patents. what I predict happens is HR knows this and some sort of deal will be worked out with mytee weather its licensing or whatever. HR stands nothing to gain by the risks of going to court. mytee takes a risk too, so basically both sides attorneys know this full well and in my experience most are afraid to actually go argue the case in court. attorneys like to settle cases not strut their stuff down town. however for all of us MYTEE kick these guys asses!!!!! I want to see HR loose their patents and be out a half mil themselves with nothing to show for it. even if you have millions loosing a half mil to anyone still hurts, another thought is if mytee does work out some sort of deal it is to their advantage because with mytee having a licensing agreement in place and HR still holding the patents and prepared to defend them it effectively weeds out mytee's potential competition, maybe I should have been an attorney

G

Bob Foster said:
Cooper, as usual you come out of the woodwork and come up with some cockamamie jab at Green Glides. And you are again continuing to illustrate what an idiot you really are.

Greenie and Lisa barely survived on the income they could take when they started Green Glides and never lived high on the hog. There were hours of work and research needed through multiple legal venues that cost thousands and thousands of dollarsand this was paid out of what they earned at the time.

Neither one are or ever were complainers about their financial challenges so as a consequence few people realized the personal sacrifices those two each personally made in their efforts to keep Green Glides in business. However their friends were very aware that they put everyone else and their business as their top priority before every single penny they earned.

Lisa and Greenie are salt of the earth hard working honest people and you and your idiots over their at ® insult them as well as many of us who feel privileged and honored to be their friends.

I am asking the questions , fair questions that lots of cleaners and GG supporters are now asking . If you want to take it as taking jabs , so be it . I guess the judge was taking jabs when he threatened them with contempt for ignoring court orders and not showing up to court when ordered ??

Mikey P

Administrator
Did you know the Judge, most if not all of the HR big wigs, the Hanks brothers and all their lawyers are members of the same "social club"? :shock:

G

steve g said:
[quote="James Cooper":1s2cs2hv][quote="Mikey P":1s2cs2hv]James and the other idiots form ® who lurk here..

approx 2.3 mil over 3 years from glide sales - yes , I did say donations were probably not significant , but just how much was spent on the fight from $$$ from glide sales ?? I would think several hundred thousand plus showing up to court , not counting the support from mytee and Jim B would leave them in better shape than what they are in now ??[/quote:1s2cs2hv]

I don't think they actually gave a shit about what harris could do, it appears to me they just said f it why pay all that money to the attorneys why not keep it. why not just change ownership when you absolutely have to, that way they are a moving target that can't be hit. this way it costs HR a ton of money and they can't do anything. to challenge HR on this I think it would probably take a $$$$500,000 war chest, good hell patent cases like this the legal fees go into the stratosphere that is why the bigger company almost always wins because they just out spend the other guys. if you are greenie and lisa why not keep the half mil be a moving target that can't be hit and hope like hell someone else kicks HR's ass on this. however the scenario below is most likely.

if I am not mistaken with john saying this has to go in front of a jury that means I think that all 12 members of the jury must decide there was infringement, which even in a slam dunk case is a scary proposition for the plaintiff. it also means HR could loose its patents on any of the at issue patents. what I predict happens is HR knows this and some sort of deal will be worked out with mytee weather its licensing or whatever. HR stands nothing to gain by the risks of going to court. mytee takes a risk too, so basically both sides attorneys know this full well and in my experience most are afraid to actually go argue the case in court. attorneys like to settle cases not strut their stuff down town. however for all of us MYTEE kick these guys asses!!!!! I want to see HR loose their patents and be out a half mil themselves with nothing to show for it. even if you have millions loosing a half mil to anyone still hurts, another thought is if mytee does work out some sort of deal it is to their advantage because with mytee having a licensing agreement in place and HR still holding the patents and prepared to defend them it effectively weeds out mytee's potential competition, maybe I should have been an attorney[/quote:1s2cs2hv]

That scenario is probably the closest to the truth , HOWEVER , if they had continued to manage the case from the start , they would still be able to legally sell the glides just as Mytee is and still be in the position of defending their case . By not managing the case , they lost the ability to legally sell the glides and not showing up to court has got created the mess they are in , regardless of who is now the current owner .

G

Mikey P said:
Did you know the Judge, most if not all of the HR big wigs, the Hanks brothers and all their lawyers are members of the same "social club"? :shock:

and yet despite all that Mytee has put up a spirited fight and still is able to legally sell glides .

Imagine if mytee decided to shut it down or decided to not show up to court .

F

FB7777

James Cooper said:
[quote="fred boyle":1pa3pd1y]Greenglides sold wands, glides and other performance enhancing products

what do you think is an accurate profit on a 199.00 12 - 14 inch stick of machined teflon ??[/quote:1pa3pd1y]

James, I'm not qualified to answer that, but I assume you are asking for net profit. Because I would imagine Greenglides had R/D costs, insurances, payroll,travel, shipping costs, advertising, office expenses, overhead etc, in addition to the materials and assembly costs you are referring to.

This was a young company, they didn't have the benefit of years of repeat business where margins improve due to economies of scale

You, Nick and Ken's line of questioning is implying they screwed people and I am absolutely certain they did not

Bob Foster

James what you and the rest of those self righteous pricks over at *** conveniently don't bring up in an effort to discredit Green Glides is that adversarial and unpopular positions with legal opponents including the bench itself are often done in the course of legal process.

So unless you know the whole story, which only a hand full of people truly are privy to, all you are really doing is throwing mud. So I suggest you toddle off and rejoin the rest of the bone heads over there at ***.

Mikey P

Administrator
Were you also aware that Rob switched Lisa's and Jeff's passwords on *** so he could read their private messages?

What a great Admin you follow there Coop.

Shows loads of character on your part.

G

fred boyle said:
[quote="James Cooper":mpjj4rtt][quote="fred boyle":mpjj4rtt]Greenglides sold wands, glides and other performance enhancing products

what do you think is an accurate profit on a 199.00 12 - 14 inch stick of machined teflon ??[/quote:mpjj4rtt]

James, I'm not qualified to answer that, but I assume you are asking for net profit. Because I would imagine Greenglides had R/D costs, insurances, payroll,travel, shipping costs, advertising, office expenses, overhead etc, in addition to the materials and assembly costs you are referring to.

This was a young company, they didn't have the benefit of years of repeat business where margins improve due to economies of scale

You, Nick and Ken's line of questioning is implying they screwed people and I am absolutely certain they did not[/quote:mpjj4rtt]

The question is did they put the necessary cash into the fight as well as attempt to manage the case to the best of their ability - in light of the court documents it is only right to ask questions as to why they failed to show up to critical scheduled court appearances and exactly how earnestly they attempted to finance the defense of the case.

Fair questions , especially considering the fact that when the shit does hit the fan , each and every name of every individual buyer and distributor will be freely given to the court for HRI to contact at their convenience .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom