Limited Edition Code Red Sauce Small Craft Batch...last one....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark what does a 45# bucket of Red sell for?

I actually don't have a pricing yet on this....haven't had the time to figure it out with Harvard....

But I am sure there will be some cost savings per pound.....

Full production should be in about a month....

We are getting the real label done up which means final design, then printing of the labels (here in my Home State of Minnesota :) )

And then getting in line for the first full production....

At that point, I will also have final costs and see if there is any more cost savings available....

These were small Limited edition small craft batch runs....but Harvard was still trying to help out with price as well to make them in line with potential future pricing....So, they actually cost me a little more...but I still was trying to shoot for the price it could be on the market actually later....

I was also trying to consume some of the shipping costs as well during these runs....like we do with our actual sales of products....we offer reduced shipping rates to our clients.

Reactions: Sir James

dan d

Name
dan doelman
OMG.. Saiger sauce just got better and get it early for price reduction..Really! In this business for over 33 years tired of all the pre- spray BS. Lately you and others have been re-inventing the pre-sprays. I tried the Saiger Sauce, tons of residue. Now the "NEW CODE RED" completely over priced is the new miracle pre-spray. Ive used Grease Erase for 20+ years ..time tested. No agitation just a great pre-spray @ 145.00 for 37lbs. You marketing yourself through these forum with your daily post to promote yourself and your Harvard chemicals and ok now you found an avenue to promote yourself and your line of Harvard chemicals. Oh, and by the way *** just test 60 pre-sprays and Robs came in he top Three, Imagine that...Shocking!

Reactions: Mikey P

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
OMG.. Saiger sauce just got better and get it early for price reduction..Really! In this business for over 33 years tired of all the pre- spray BS. Lately you and others have been re-inventing the pre-sprays. I tried the Saiger Sauce, tons of residue. Now the "NEW CODE RED" completely over priced is the new miracle pre-spray. Ive used Grease Erase for 20+ years ..time tested. No agitation just a great pre-spray @ 145.00 for 37lbs. You marketing yourself through these forum with your daily post to promote yourself and your Harvard chemicals and ok now you found an avenue to promote yourself and your line of Harvard chemicals. Oh, and by the way *** just test 60 pre-sprays and Robs came in he top Three, Imagine that...Shocking!
So, when is your case being delivered?

Reactions: KSL and dan d

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
"Tons of residue"?? That claim and your preference for grease eraser leaves my thinking you've got an axe to grind Dan?
Yeah, I can't agree with the residue being left behind. The steep price??? Well, it'd be nice if it was s bit cheaper, but it is a good product

dan d

Name
dan doelman
Really Lee.. I don't have an axe to grind. my advise to you- stop drinking the juice. And Matt, Im not frustrated.. Im just tired of the pre- spray BS. maybe you should be too. These forums have been turned into self promotions. Am I wrong??

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Really Lee.. I don't have an axe to grind. my advise to you- stop drinking the juice. And Matt, Im not frustrated.. Im just tired of the pre- spray BS. maybe you should be too. These forums have been turned into self promotions. Am I wrong??
Mb is not a self promoting site compared to WTF forum. That douche that wasted his time "testing" 60 other products is the only self promoter I know

Mike would be promoting Saiger's stuff big time on here if he was a self promoter, but he flat out says that he's a flex nerd.

I don't think you're wrong. You're just frustrated. Mark is a great guy, and I have used both grease eraser and ss1, and grease eraser isn't cheap either. Personally, ss1 is a lot better from the 50 or more gallons I've used of both combined

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Not trying to be argumentivitve here, but I've gone through three 45# buckets of SS1 and a couple more cases. Haven't had any residue issues with it or customer complainers. I've even cleaned my own home with it and don't have any residue issues.

I do use an acid rinse, which from my understanding it's purpose is to neutralize PH, soften the water, and rinse the prespray more effectively in an effort to reduce residue issues. I believe it works since I've never seen an issue. What rinse are you using?

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
47th year cleaning, and I don't keep buying a product based on either price or friendship.

We clean a LOT of carpet and wouldn't risk losing a valuable customer over a bad product.

Saiger1 is top shelf, similar to the better Prochem products we also use.

Saiger red, I hope, will help fill a niche on late turns this week that Chemspec Enzall has always ruled.

Sometimes you need enzymes for ground in organic soiling.

I'm not a koolaid drinker for sure.

Reactions: Nomad74

dan d

Name
dan doelman
Did I say MB was self promoting... NO.., Saigers is self promoting, I don't have an axe to grind with him PERSONALLY.. Im tired of this reinventing of pre- sprays and frankly you should be too.. I only mentioned the product i use because its stood the test of time. Im a cleaner just like all of you guys, 33 years in the business. 3 generations multi truck operation out of buffalo NY. Im not on this board to argue with fellow cleaners. But the self promotion is NOT what these boards are about. Am I wrong. ? Or is Saigers paying to promote??

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Lee Stockwell
Congrats on your biz, we are likewise blessed. My Dad helped me much before his passing, and it's now fun to work with my children and grandkids as the industry progresses.

Welcome to MB Dan you can learn a lot here, as well as help others learn from YOUR experience.

Reactions: dan d

Mikey P

Administrator
I only used one jug of SS Blue, probably 6 of Green and a half or so of Red.

Residues?

Other than some brass QCs turning white, I haven't had any concerns.

KSL

Name
Kent
I'm new to MB but not to the industry. Over 40 years in and I too use Grease Eraser with great results. Like any product, it's not perfect in every scenario so we are always on the search for new products.

I don't know Mark but he taken the time out to help me on several occasions. So I'm inclined to try his products, if they work that's great, if not I'll continue to use our current products. It's my choice to give a new product a try, nobody has forced me into a purchasing decesion. At the end of the day, I would rather give my hard earned money to a multi generation cleaner than a corporate conglomeration.

I don't see Mark's post as self promoting at all, I honestly see it as a passion for the business. But I respect everyone's viewpoint.

I have been on the other board you spoke about and really couldn't take the self promotion. This board has quite a cast of characters who I don't know , who have provided me with lots of entertainment but most importantly lots of quality information for our business. Definately woulnt mind hoisting a cold one with this crew.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm new to MB but not to the industry. Over 40 years in and I too use Grease Eraser with great results. Like any product, it's not perfect in every scenario so we are always on the search for new products.

I don't know Mark but he taken the time out to help me on several occasions. So I'm inclined to try his products, if they work that's great, if not I'll continue to use our current products. It's my choice to give a new product a try, nobody has forced me into a purchasing decesion. At the end of the day, I would rather give my hard earned money to a multi generation cleaner than a corporate conglomeration.

I don't see Mark's post as self promoting at all, I honestly see it as a passion for the business. But I respect everyone's viewpoint.

I have been on the other board you spoke about and really couldn't take the self promotion. This board has quite a cast of characters who I don't know , who have provided me with lots of entertainment but most importantly lots of quality information for our business. Definately woulnt mind hoisting a cold one with this crew.

Scottsdale, I'm buying.

Reactions: KSL

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
My last pre-spray was the ultra pac mint fresh and truck mount detergent was dry slurry. When I started...1981, I used The Rug Doctor Chemicals and they worked. I don't think Mark is self promoting but he does promote what he uses and likes...I found this board because of Mark talking about it on a video.
I use the SS1 pre-spray most of the time. It hasn't made my fittings white or done anything other than clean very well...and with NO noticeable residue. Have reviews saying how soft it is and how it looks like it was just done even 3 months later.
I bet I would also clean very well if I went back to using the ultra pac or one of the ones you guys mentioned.
But I like Mark, he is a good person and friend...so for me that is that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Did I say MB was self promoting... NO.., Saigers is self promoting, I don't have an axe to grind with him PERSONALLY.. Im tired of this reinventing of pre- sprays and frankly you should be too.. I only mentioned the product i use because its stood the test of time. Im a cleaner just like all of you guys, 33 years in the business. 3 generations multi truck operation out of buffalo NY. Im not on this board to argue with fellow cleaners. But the self promotion is NOT what these boards are about. Am I wrong. ? Or is Saigers paying to promote??
I don't know, this board to me is about friends, comradery and fun. I enjoy throwing a few jabs while exchanging information with each other about machines, chemicals, management and marketing.

Back when Judson was here regularly it was no different when guys would talk about his machines and chemicals.

I like Mark and consider him a friend but I've stuck with the Prochem line. It isn't that I don't believe in the Saiger line, I do. We just buy as much local as we can.

I think if it bothers you, just skip those threads that focus on his products. Nobody will try to sell you something you don't want.

We, Cobb might, but it's just Larry's way. :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom