Minimum charges

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
I have see there so called advanced work, and to be honest , I think your over estimating them. Sure some are good but people are lazy. There in and out quick, there not preping right or something. These edic machines do a lot of work, there not easy to use, but they do pack a punch, and after a certain hight portables are all you got
I'm new and I'm enthusiastic, but it's a great product I give,
Hey Ken, Gotta say I like your enthusiasm. Starting a business isn't easy. It isn't what you know but what you don't know that will make or break you. I guarantee if you make it a few years in this business you'll look back and wonder how you did based on what you knew. Everyone has to start someplace; we all did. This forum can be one of the best things that ever happened to/for you in regards to learning. Consider yourself fortunate to have found this site and to have this much expertise to work with. Here's a couple pieces of advice. First think carefully about what you say here. I don't believe it's your intent but you have made what some might think are a few inflammatory comments. You are entitled to your opinion but you may wish to gain a little more experience before deciding how and what to express. The old pros express strong opinions, and bust each others chops. They can because they have decades of experience, know what their talking about, and generally respect each other (mostly). Next; the best investment you'll ever make will be in training. Before you do anything else you really need to take the carpet cleaning technician class. Don't wait, do it now! Everyone here (well almost) is generally willing to help new guys, but you need to learn the basics first. Once you do that you'll be able to ask the right questions, and step on a few less toes.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
http://iicrc.org/
"Although certification is not required in order to qualify for most carpet cleaning jobs the best Way to get the up to date info is from professionals"

See I came here for the info, from the professionals, and I got some good info, like prochem makes a great product! Learning what to use and when it's more difficult that I anticipated.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Ken, like you I am still getting my carpet cleaning legs under me. What really helped me over the past four years is to read and read and read. Then enjoy youtube on the things you find interesting. There is so much to learn and it is all so interesting!

This is a craft and well worth learning. I bet you have a fantastic career ahead, but by approaching it methodically, you get to avoid a bunch of pain.

Me, I'm too slow to avoid pain... hahaha!

Able 1

Name
Keith
2015-07-29-23-00-22-1972607268.jpeg

Reactions: Mikey P

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I'll look for this do I just apply separately, wow things are picking up fast this is awsome, and thank you for all the great tips. I do apricieate all the help

1. Fels Naptha laundry detergent bar is a mixture of sodium tallowate, sodium palmate and sodium cocoate or sodium palmate kernelate. These ingredients are the standard soap base with sodium palmate and sodium palmate kernelatecoming from palm oil.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I was in a car lot and the detail guy was cleaning the rugs in the car he had a huge jug of cleaner, so I looked and he was mixing dawn dish detergent in water! I asked why not use the chemical?
He said the dawn works
I'm hoping to put together a list of the best things to use. Just need the get some cash flowing

Mikey P

Administrator
I was in a car lot and the detail guy was cleaning the rugs in the car he had a huge jug of cleaner, so I looked and he was mixing dawn dish detergent in water! I asked why not use the chemical?
He said the dawn works
I'm hoping to put together a list of the best things to use. Just need the get some cash flowing

Pick one of the retailers here close to you. Tell them you have a set amount to spend and have them send you their most popular pre spray for normal carpet, the best pre spray for gawd awful carpet, an acid rinse, an alkaline rinse, some CTI Pro Solve Gel, an oxidizer spotter, a red/synthetic stain spotter, foam killer, a general deo and a pet urine deo, their best carpet protector, plastic tabs, blocks and some booties.

A $1000 ought to set you up for a while.

Dont forget a device to spray all that stuff down too...

Reactions: Ken692

Ken692

Name
Kenny
That sounds like a great list, there hitting me with a lot of sofas and such. I need more practice. To bad I have leather.
Some great things are happening

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
the Salvation Army and Goodwill sell upholstery and cushions for next to nothing..

Maybe you could offer to clean/practice for free..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom