Minimum charges

Ken692

Name
Kenny
So TM is that the tank in the van and just run the hose to the job, also is that the same steam type that takes hours to dry, yes it sounds crappy no tax no bennies no cash I want to quit

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes, vacuum and pressure pump are "mounted" in the van. Either powered by the van's engine or a small 20 to 50 horse power motor.
Truckmounts clean (carpet) at typical pressures between 300 and 600.

So while your 100 psi machine will provide potentially quicker dry times, the lower flow/ ammount of water used is not capaple of cleaning as deep or well.

Choosy homeowners will chose deeper cleaning/ moderate dry times over methods the dry quicker thhat only skim or smear the surface

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Is there any way you could try out Truckmount cleaning somewhere else?

Maybe work for Stanley or Z Rez for a minute?

Hose management will be important for you to learn too. Lots of hoses coming off the truck and through fancy houses with a Truckmount setup.

A place like this and someone local to show you the ropes would be so valuable to you.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Heck, tour the Butler facility.

They are in Boston and are considered by many, to be the best Truckmount manufacturer in the world.

Starting out, consider a used one...

You'll have a better appreciation of the differences between what you're running now and having a solid power plant to build a business around.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Not to mention the confidence you would gain, knowing your equipment is part of your STRENGTH, rather than a crutch you drag around Boston, for peanuts.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok so upsell like spot cleaning or fragrance sorry I'm really green right now, like steps $3 each or size of the room? There is a lot to it but till you get to know,
Thanks for the help this is awesome

View attachment 4852
Oh lordy! If I were you I'd charge even less!

Yep you're not delivering full value anyway. You can hack your way to stardom @$49.95. ;)
You'll be so busy it will be amazing! Make up the low price on quantity!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Just buy a zipper it will solve all you problems. Lol

My minimum is only 85. I want in the house so I can see everything that needs cleaning. Thats when the fun begins.

Gene

Reactions: Spurlington

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Portables are for reetards and idiots. Walk behinds...are several steps below that.

If your boss is serious about building a business, have him return that unit. Go to a local distributor, they will set you up with a much better machine for probably less than was paid for the walk behind.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Nate W.
Portables are for reetards and idiots. Walk behinds...are several steps below that.

If your boss is serious about building a business, have him return that unit. Go to a local distributor, they will set you up with a much better machine for probably less than was paid for the walk behind.

What about that US Products porty you got? It takes one to know one......:lol:

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Nate W.
LOL I guess I fit the description.
fooker! ;)

Birds of a feather.............................................
high-five-smiley-emoticon.gif

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Sorry, but I don't relate a minimum charge to what I make per hour. My minimum is 65.00 but after 1/2 hr. the clock starts ticking. I'm usually within 20 min. of my office.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Seem like I'm at a cross road, I really don't have the green to start a setup for myself and this guy is so old he can't even help 1/4
Guess I could just rent Home Depot for $40 and have at it

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You can clean with anything and your machine will work, it just takes a lot more effort & time to do so. It puts you at a competitive disadvantage. You'll have to do a good job of preconditioning, and use your machine to rinse.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Oh yea...mine's $120 for most res, (I make exceptions ($89) for fix'd income elderly I know aren't well off)
min for empties is $99 and up depending on travel time and PITA factor

..L.T.A.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I got a HOST Liberator I can sell ya for $1,200. It'll clean better than any portable and in most cases, better than TMs.

BTW. JK. Don't revoke my Membership. VLM friendly remember.

But for real, you can find some decent equipment on Ebay, etc. instead of having to buy something brand new from a Supplier for 16k. Especially if you don't have a lot of money to invest into it at the moment. You just don't want to produce bad results with your equipment, especially being new as it could follow your companies name forever, especially in a small town. If you are slow and booking jobs here and there, I'd spend as much time perfecting each house as possible with the equipment you have now. The machine you are using now looks like a pain in the ass to get around residential. How are you doing stairs with that? Does a wand attach?

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Guess I could just rent Home Depot for $40 and have at it

i bought one of their rental units (Rug Doctor) last year for a particular PITA hi-rise apt building we do.
(64 unit/550sf flats)
paid $380 for it..it paid for it's self after the 3rd job

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
So Larry cleans with a Rug Doctor.:yawn:

I was cleaning them with bonnets and encRap...and felt guilty
and actually, i don;t clean them at all..i leave to RD there and sub the maintenance man 30%:lol:

ever use one?
with the revolving roll brush and good vac shoe...the sumbitch actually cleans pretty well believe it or not.
and since "I" don't have to do the bucket brigade, I'm quite happy with it to be honest;)...dipwad

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have a very powerful truckmount system that would be perfect for you to take over your local area. High heat, great suction, and reliable as hell!!! Needs some work $2,000(less then the cost of a portable).. Vary clean!
1436845707881.jpg

1436845763652.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Mikey P

Administrator
I was cleaning them with bonnets and encRap...and felt guilty
and actually, i don;t clean them at all..i leave to RD there and sub the maintenance man 30%:lol:

ever use one?
with the revolving roll brush and good vac shoe...the sumbitch actually cleans pretty well believe it or not.
and since "I" don't have to do the bucket brigade, I'm quite happy with it to be honest;)...dipwad

..L.T.A.

the hell with the 1200 or dwell pro than..

QDCC-Barry

Just buy a zipper it will solve all you problems. Lol

My minimum is only 85. I want in the house so I can see everything that needs cleaning. Thats when the fun begins.

Gene

I gotta tell ya....I have a whole lotta customers who I do BECAUSE the last guy who cleaned for them had that very same attitude with them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom