Minimum charges

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Ok so with this little 100 psi and yes it has the pro for the hand tool, am I doing a poor job, what type of pre conditioning should I be doing,
The truck mount looks huge, so I need a van. That's not going in my jeep, I see deals on eBay but there 1000's of miles from me

Mikey P

Administrator
phew...

you should be pre vacuuming open areas and edges.

you should be applying a pre conditioner/traffic lane cleaner to open areas
coffee, urine, grease and other tough stains should be pre treated as well.

Scrape together some travel money and fly me out there for 3 days and I'll turn you into the best carpet cleaner on this side of the planet.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I gotta tell ya....I have a whole lotta customers who I do BECAUSE the last guy who cleaned for them had that very same attitude with them.

First off the proper technique doesn't require a hard sell. I also don't come through the door with anything but taking care of exactly what they want done. I do however after we are going mention other things. For example the carpet came with protector and we can reapply it. On soiled tile I lift the edge of the rug and let her know I can bring this tile back to like new. My customers are always happy to know what other services I can provide for them. Nobody likes a used car salesman type attitude but we all need to buy a car. Nobody wants to be sold, but people like to buy stuff. Be the guy they want to buy from over and over. you can't accomplish this unless they hire you.

Gene

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I just did a job with the lights out, no hot water, had to run cord, what a pta. The tan rug did not look as clean as I like. The polaras doesn't make hot water, is there one that will? What's a good tm system (start up) run $4 $5 thousand (not that I have it now)
How do I get that ink up? Nail polish or marker

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Here's how I remove nail polish. Same technique for ink and marker. this is just vacuum, you don't rinse it until its gone. The water is heavier and will prevent your solvent from getting to the spot.

Gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
What is it acetone
What women used to use to remove nail polish. It is a very fast evaporating solvent. Works great on other things also. Leaves no residue. You need to go and work for a successful company for a year or so. You'll come out ahead in the long run. Save your coins and then start right. I started right out of the box with a new truckmount and a used minivan. I spent about 10k and never looked back.

Gene

Reactions: Mikey P

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Hi I'm new to the carpet world, we just got the dry tech system, my boss has started this $89 a room campaign, most due to Stanley steamer at $99 I get calls for one room and just seems to low to even do it, I really need help with pricing
Am I missing something? He says $89 per room.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
$89/room sounds pretty juicy. Maybe Bahstan is different than these parts. Ken, browse Craigslist. You can find plenty of decent stuff in your area!
Let me suggest that you look at what you can afford, then go Youtube that sort of equipment. In a few hours you'll know what to do. Don't get all hung up on big gear until you've got the hang of things. While it is true that truckmounts do carpet fast, you don't need one until you have a steady feed rate of customers coming in. Until then you can make good money with a porty, learn your trade, focus on giving great service and start saving up. Good luck!

Reactions: Ken692

Ken692

Name
Kenny
So if you had to have a porty, what the best bang for the buck, I like the five star he has. And the Polaris is great. Any thing but the rug dr

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Ken,

Before you go any further, order a Interlink catalog and a JonDon catalog and keep one on your nightstand and one on your throne.

They are both big catalogs chock full of products covering all facets of the industry, and will give you a good overview of what s involved.

Familiarize yourself with all the different types of machines, tools and chemicals available and then use the search function here to research any questions you may have

http://interlinksupply.com//index.php?

http://www.jondon.com/catalog_request/

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So if you had to have a porty, what the best bang for the buck,

A used one that I got a great deal on..... Call your local disty and see if the have rental units for sale.

They all kinda have the same parts, I wouldn't worry about what brand.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Ok let's say I get a call for a huge room do I charge by the foot ?
Also getting calls for 50 miles out, at this point hate to pass on anything, is there a charge for that?

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes and yes.

You need to figure out how many feet you can clean per hour and come.up with a base square foot rate. Adjust for level of soil, set up difficulty and headache factor.

Establish minimum charges for each area that you service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom