my apologies to Terje Brevic

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
George McFarland said:
[quote="Bob Foster":3k5us9jm]Call them whatever name you want but they can and do clean carpet well. The niche market ain't too small either.

you tradin' in your positive displacement blower any time soon, Bob??

..L.T.A.[/quote:3k5us9jm]

How on earth would we even consider trading in anything with a name that starts with POSITIVE.

What..........You think we are crazy?
Bob may be crazy, but he is not heartless.

Name
John LaBarbera
George McFarland said:
the key to a viable lectromount
("viable" meaning anything other than a niche market )
lays in building one that can spin a #4 blower at full capacity without excessive (meaning not "practical" for CC'rs) electrical needs

til that happens, they're boxes with electric vacs and will never be anything more than glorified portys

..L.T.A.

You maybe right. However, the ETM is in it's infancy. Keep your eye on Brevik, Savage and Mytee. (and posibly others) Like the electric car, it's day is coming. The ETM, at this point, is not for everyone, however, many are comfortable with electric power and they will enjoy the lower operating cost and ease of maintenance. Let's face it, you may never change, and the rest of us we'll just have to live with that fact.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Keep your eye on Brevik, Savage and Mytee

I agree while and ETM is not for me it is an upgrade for those that were using under powered portables or some Mickey Mouse arrangement of pumps, Pump outs, vacuums and boosters.

The ETM's are a needed step up in professionalism for those folks using those contraptions.

John Watson

Don't forget Clean Services Hybred electric, like the electro Genie, had fold down legs with wheels to become portable. was secured and released from the van using a Volkswagen seat adjuster and hold down assembly, at that time the were very plentiful in the Used auto parts division of your local junk yard (this was before recycling was norm). Oh yeah, they ran both cyntrifical and positive displacement suckers at the same time. Hey Taco breath didn't you learn on one of these????

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes John we had the Workmaster Hybrid, it had a Sutorbuilt and dual 3-stage Lamb blowers. Drop down legs which we used on above ground level work, which came in handy. Hook up to a mop sink and you had hot water or if you needed more heat we had a Paloma heater with a bottle on a dolly that quick disconnected down stream.

After the energey crisis was over it became a plant machine for many many years until the waste tank which the components were built upon rusted out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Josey Wales said:
Hush up, you're already a hated rag spinner. :p

Ok maybe hated is too heavy.....maybe?
:mrgreen:

LOL, I think it's funny that because I bought on OP machine and decided to clean a few easy house carpets I'm considered the debil.

People love to hate....Just give them one reason. :lol:

They don't take into consideration that all my subs and my leased out companies all use TMs and I ran TMs myself for years.

Just think it's funny.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Naaaww you're the debil because you have subs, you're hated because you bought the OP machine.

Get it straight:
Debil-Subs
Hated-OP

Geezzzzz! :mrgreen:

Name
John LaBarbera
Tom Joad said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":3tcakx58]

You maybe right. However, the ETM is in it's infancy.

ummm, Bill Bane might disagree

..L.T.A.[/quote:3tcakx58]

Yes you may be right. I didn't ask him. While he has made a very good name associated with ETM's, I was speaking of the newer generation of ETM's.(Savage, Brevik, even Valentine has the potential if he can curb his ego and be willing to invest in the product, etc) However, I would not sell Bane short, they have done a great job, and may be working on something new as I write.
I hope they are, I think more who work on these the better they will get. Maybe we will even win over Mr. Chavez and Mr. Pig in a Blanket.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Anyone see the new electric BMW?

BMW%2B14electric-650.jpg

If they can do it...Why can't we?

Ok, money.

I'm just sayin

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Brian R":12qxbatj]Anyone see the new electric BMW?

BMW%2B14electric-650.jpg

If they can do it...Why can't we?

Ok, money.

I'm just sayin

Forget about cleaning carpets, I'll take the car.[/quote:12qxbatj]

LookS like a mytee sponsored electric BMW!

Way to market your electric truckmount John!

It's good to see the marketing dollars

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I saw a commercial on TV for that car...Said "coming soon".

I'm not a BMW fan at all...But that car is cool.

randy

Name
Randy
truckmount girl said:
Way back in the day, I bought a used electric unit that mounted in the truck and had wheels o you could roll it out if need be, it was made by Steam Genie....and Electro-Genie. Okay it was a POS and I sold it right away, but still. I think it was made in the 70's.

Take care,
Lisa

LOL, a buddy of mine had one of those things Lisa.
I never knew you had the privilege of ownership.
When I read your post I had a hard time picturing you pushing that monstrosity into the van. (Maybe down the drive way into the path of a Chemdry truck.)
I hated that thing. Once we were loading it in his truck and it started to roll down the drive way.
The thing was heavier than it looked. Kind of like a Cimex, looks like 60lbs but its 104.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Maybe we will even win over Mr. Chavez and Mr. Pig in a Blanket.
LOL
John you & Terry already raised the bar for those guys using portables, that's a much needed improvement!

(had to put "T's" name in there to reduce the hate mail :p )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom