Mytee Escape Truckmount

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
as far as Bob, he keeps a 7ooo+ wt generator .
the few that have owned/run his units say a 5K gen won't get it.
If that's the case, I'm not sure how he "never" NEVER blows a breaker .
Maybe cause he runs off the gen 80+% of the time???

..L.T.A.
I rarely use the genset. It would be counter productive to using electricity in the first place.

I have blown a few breakers in the past 10 years, but that is also rare, as long as you use electrical knowledge (understanding distribution) when plugging in.

I plug in 2 cords to two separate 15 amp circuits, use screaming hot LP for heat, run a 2" Greenhorn with #8 flow, and clean at the same speed as I do with our slide-in.

I get the same results as when using our slide-in, so using the ETM does not make me work slower.

With the APO, I never have to stop to dump a tank as long as I have water/chemical.

95% of our jobs are 100' or less. When the distance is over 150', I will use a downline booster.

This is a high production ETM that doesn't require a genset, or a dryer plug, or 4 vac motors, or 220V.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Larry;

Allow me to clear up a couple of your questions:
"......you're not suggesting your machine doesn't blow breakers, are you??----Have we ever tripped a breaker? Ofcourse. But very rarely does that ever happen. Many testimonials to that one including my own long time experience. No, we do not "over-amp" our machines; only make them more efficient.

"(do you, or have ever cleaned carpets in the field for a living?)"-----You're kidding, right? Where have you been?

"But to suggest running 200ft from a porty in the van as fine and dandy, is misleading"------After more than 40 years in this Industry, I do not need to sugar-coat anything regardless of what anyone wants to believe or twist the current facts. But, ok.....we can not go 200 feet; only 199.

"and just because some of your custys do it, doesn't make it less so"-----OK, if those who are"independent" of us can not be believed who have had the experience of using the current systems, then why should any one believe you either? These are terrific honest, hard working individuals such as yourself.

Now, like yourself, Larry, I also do not have an axe to grind here, but come on now. This isn't and should not be a Big-Ball TM vs. Lowly generic Portable subject or debate. Not all TM's are alike and great. And,...not all Portables (those that have 4-wheels) are alike either.

best to you and all above;
Ed Valentine
cross-American corp.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I'm not suggesting a good job can't be done with a porty, Ed
.exactly...which makes it much more efficient due to the ability to use higher flow and increased pressure.
Simply takes less time and effort.
Year in and year out, the increase in time/efficiency pays

.you're not suggesting your machine doesn't blow breakers, are you??
(do you, or have ever cleaned carpets in the field for a living?)
add the booster and heater ...now tell me you don't locate the breaker box before you start the job

as far as Bob, he keeps a 7ooo+ wt generator .
the few that have owned/run his units say a 5K gen won't get it.
If that's the case, I'm not sure how he "never" NEVER blows a breaker .
Maybe cause he runs off the gen 80+% of the time???

I don't have an ax to grind, and I'm NOT anti-porty, I promise
But to suggest running 200ft from a porty in the van as fine and dandy, is misleading to those that don't know better.
and just because some of your custys do it, doesn't make it less so

..L.T.A.
I recently sold a demo Savage system to Tim Hall.

He has used 200' of vac hose from his van with plenty of suck at the end of the vac hose, and no there is no inline vac booster.

The entire system uses 2 -15 amp circuits, and an LG 3-HT for heat. It has an APO, 600 PSI pump, and an all stainless steel recovery tank.

As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I rarely use the genset in my ETM, just 2 -15 amp circuits from the jobsite. The problem with the gensets you buy is the power distribution of the genset itself is not set up for 110V full use, but rather 220VAC use, so I made a distribution box that plugs into the 220 VAC and converts it to 4 full power 15 amp 110 VAC circuits, each with it's own circuit breaker. I have never popped a breaker while using it, even for jobs that ran several hours of continuous running.

Using the house power I rarely pop a breaker, maybe once out of 100 jobs, and it is usually because something else was running on the circuit I was using.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I rarely use the genset. It would be counter productive to using electricity in the first place.

I have blown a few breakers in the past 10 years, but that is also rare, as long as you use electrical knowledge (understanding distribution) when plugging in.

I plug in 2 cords to two separate 15 amp circuits, use screaming hot LP for heat, run a 2" Greenhorn with #8 flow, and clean at the same speed as I do with our slide-in.

I get the same results as when using our slide-in, so using the ETM does not make me work slower.

With the APO, I never have to stop to dump a tank as long as I have water/chemical.

95% of our jobs are 100' or less. When the distance is over 150', I will use a downline booster.

This is a high production ETM that doesn't require a genset, or a dryer plug, or 4 vac motors, or 220V.
So then at 200ft you are plugging in a 3rd power cord for the downline booster

Reactions: Jimmy L

grizzley

Name
Tim
So then at 200ft you are plugging in a 3rd power cord for the downline booster

I have ran 200foot and over a few times since I have had the savage, and I havent used a inline booster yet. ( Mainly because I get a few apts in the general area and dont want to tear down and re set up, so I just clean them all by just adding more hose) I can tell a loss of vacuum over 175 feet but still get very good dry times with a zipper and the cleaning efficiency is still more than adequate. Apartment electrical wiring is often, for lack of a better word, "SHADY" and I have yet to trip a breaker with it.......I used to pop breakers on a daily basis with a trinity, and have popped breakers constantly, even on 20 amp breakers with a dwell pro, but have not had a single issue with the savage.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
without having used it, it is hard to envision 2 vacuum motors pulling enough air through 200 ft of hose with a Zipper and still getting dry times. What do you consider a good dry time and have you tested it with a moisture meter? What vacuum motors are you using and are they in series or parallel?

grizzley

Name
Tim
can't make Nashville, am trying for Vegas in the fall. Hopefully, he'll have one there. Until then, call me, sceptical.

Yea, I dont blame you. When I was on a prowl to set up a apt van, I was looking at many different brands, and really electric tm's didnt cross my mind. I talked to a few folks who has them and they all said the same thing. In most cases, my max run is 150-175 foot and really average probably 125 foot, but have no problem over that, even though you do notice a vacuum loss over 175 My niche is a little different than many, and the cost savings on maintenance, and fuel really intrigued me. I drove up to meet with Bob, and he wadded up over 150 foot of vacuum hose on the ground, all tangled and twisted up and hooked up the savage, I was really surprised at the vacuum I was getting at the end of that tangled mess.......I was shocked and happy all at the same time.....and then whipped out cash to bring it home with me.

As far as a the etm and the zipper.......No issues with dry time. Havent checked with a moisture meter, but if I do a dry pass, can easily get 2-3 hour dry times on apt carpet.........The vac motors on the machine plays a huge role, but I think Bob Savage can add that it has more to do with the efficient design of the savage than anything else.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have a portable of my own design that is good for 150ft. I don't know if I would try a Zipper with it but if it is working for you, more power to you. When I say my portable is good for a 150ft, There is a noticeable loss of vacuum compared to say,35 ft but at 150ft it is still better than a standard portable like a Ninja or whatever. Compared with my truck mount with a sutorbilt #4 blower, the truck has more apparent power. I also have an older truck with a sutorbilt 3ll blower, that at 150 ft, will suck your socks off. I'll have to see what Bob has done, if only to copy it for myself.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I will be the first to agree that a #4 blower on a gasoline truckmount has great vacuum, even when running dual wands each at 200'. I have a Roots #4 slide-in and it kicks butt with a total of 400' out (200' per wand). If you think it takes at least a #5 blower to pull that off, that's only because no one else has decided to put a system such as this together. There are some tricks in setting it up right, but it's not hard to figure it out. I put this system together over 25 years ago, when virtually no one was running dual wands.

Getting back to the ETM - the ETM that I designed has strong vacuum at 200' with no booster, and with only 2 - 15 amp circuits running the vac system, the APO, and the 600 PSI pump. We use LP for heat on both our ETM and our slide-in with the #4 blower. Clear tube testing has shown one dry stroke with no more moisture coming into the tube, even if you take a second dry stroke.

Using an ETM should not compromise your production times!

Our ETM will allow you to clean just as fast and efficient as the slide-in's with a #4 blower, requiring no extra vac strokes. Our ETM has the vacs set up in parallel, and with the APO and a water connection, you can clean for hours without stopping. So, our ETM does NOT slow you down compared to a gasoline truckmount, as some have said. I even have an ETM that will run dual wands up to 200' on each wand, but it takes 5 cords. With the genset, I run 3 -15 amp cords from there, and 2 more form the house, for a quick setup and tear-down. This system uses a base vac unit with APO, and a downline booster closer to the house, or inside the garage, for each wand, hence plugging both boosters into the house since that's where the vacuum systems are.

The Honda genset we use has a 50 amp 220 VAC outlet, which feeds the special breaker and 110 VAC box. This box can handle 4 separate 20 amp circuits, but I have it set at 4 - 15 amp since our ETM does not need any 20 amp circuits.

As far as the dual wand cleaning, you can get so much more work done in a day when dual wanding residential or commercial. We have cleaned tile and carpet at the same time, or upholstery with tile or carpet.

Reactions: grizzley

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I will be the first to agree that a #4 blower on a gasoline truckmount has great vacuum, even when running dual wands each at 200'. I have a Roots #4 slide-in and it kicks butt with a total of 400' out (200' per wand). If you think it takes at least a #5 blower to pull that off, that's only because no one else has decided to put a system such as this together. There are some tricks in setting it up right, but it's not hard to figure it out. I put this system together over 25 years ago, when virtually no one was running dual wands.

Getting back to the ETM - the ETM that I designed has strong vacuum at 200' with no booster, and with only 2 - 15 amp circuits running the vac system, the APO, and the 600 PSI pump. We use LP for heat on both our ETM and our slide-in with the #4 blower. Clear tube testing has shown one dry stroke with no more moisture coming into the tube, even if you take a second dry stroke.

Using an ETM should not compromise your production times!

Our ETM will allow you to clean just as fast and efficient as the slide-in's with a #4 blower, requiring no extra vac strokes. Our ETM has the vacs set up in parallel, and with the APO and a water connection, you can clean for hours without stopping. So, our ETM does NOT slow you down compared to a gasoline truckmount, as some have said. I even have an ETM that will run dual wands up to 200' on each wand, but it takes 5 cords. With the genset, I run 3 -15 amp cords from there, and 2 more form the house, for a quick setup and tear-down. This system uses a base vac unit with APO, and a downline booster closer to the house, or inside the garage, for each wand, hence plugging both boosters into the house since that's where the vacuum systems are.

The Honda genset we use has a 50 amp 220 VAC outlet, which feeds the special breaker and 110 VAC box. This box can handle 4 separate 20 amp circuits, but I have it set at 4 - 15 amp since our ETM does not need any 20 amp circuits.

As far as the dual wand cleaning, you can get so much more work done in a day when dual wanding residential or commercial. We have cleaned tile and carpet at the same time, or upholstery with tile or carpet.
Bob, my portable system is set up with 2 vacs in parallel through a manifold that allows each vac motor to develop its full cfm that is compressed into a 2 inch standpipe in the waste tank. I am using 13.5 amp 5.7's. I am using a pump similar to yours that gets me 500 psi at a 5 flow. I have room to add an auto pump out on the other vac. You were saying that you are using an 8 flow wand, what kind of pressure were you getting?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom