Mytee Escape Truckmount

Bjorn

this is the video I wish I never made
with this quick 220 it still did not solve the GFI problem or finding two CLEAN legs it could still be used with with the 220 outlet with a adapter

Bjorn

that's a good question
all I know is a GFI can not be used with the quick 220 it will trip it

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yet oddly enough, I usually run a 2000 watt heater that draws 17 amps on the bathroom GFI plug.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

the ETM is an excellent choice as you can easily access a 220 plug

"easy", eh???

maybe laundry rooms are different in Tx and Mi ???
cause the above pic is pretty typical here

..L.T.A.
220 plugs are difficult for me to reach in Michigan as you have found in Ohio. I said in the south where the plugs are more common and coded to be a certain distance above the ground and generally easier to access. Sometimes it's best to show the entire quote so as not to cause confusion and bewilderment.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes 220 plugs for dryers are definitely easier to access than up north.

Here most 220 outlets are at 48 inches or higher above the floor, so you just reach in disconnect the dryer and plug in....

We regularly source 220 for our spider boxes from dryer outlets as it is good and easy power scoure to get an extra 40-60 amps from.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
that's a good question
all I know is a GFI can not be used with the quick 220 it will trip it

GFI's can also be a problem with the Mytee 115 to 230VAC adapter .

There are 230VAC GFI's available, but very few houses have them.

So you have to find two 115 VAC circuits that are not on a GFI (avoid kitchens, baths and some garages).

Name
Lee Stockwell
We built about 15 electric machines. When I noted a few problems other builders thought I was undermining their sales. I was only trying to save them grief.

Told the boys we were better off just cleaning carpets.

Reactions: Bob Savage

Bjorn

OVER a 1000 hours I found it was easy to find one clean leg but the others most have a gfi in line some where

it's the hidden gfi that will ruin your day and your customer because they don't even know the down stairs plug is protected by a gfi some where else in the house.

hence just a straight plain 2 110 machine the techno viking

glad I kept some things to myself hahahahahaha

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Indeed. We are in the dark ages as it pertains to Electric Truck Mounts. The innovators in the field have fought ridicule and disbelief on the message boards and in the marketplace and eventually just throw in the towel. There will, ultimately, be a market, a huge market, for ETMs. They will be sold and serviced by large successful manufacturers who will overcome the obstacles inherent in a new technology, one that takes advantage of the huge cost advantages over fuel powered truck mounts. ETMs will be the predominant tool in our business. They will be relatively inexpensive lightweight compact and powerful.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Indeed. We are in the dark ages as it pertains to Electric Truck Mounts. The innovators in the field have fought ridicule and disbelief on the message boards and in the marketplace and eventually just throw in the towel. There will, ultimately, be a market, a huge market, for ETMs. They will be sold and serviced by large successful manufacturers who will overcome the obstacles inherent in a new technology, one that takes advantage of the huge cost advantages over fuel powered truck mounts. ETMs will be the predominant tool in our business. They will be relatively inexpensive lightweight compact and powerful.

we've had this conversation before, Art
as of right now, the trouble is they can't compete in performance to a 45 and up positive displacement blower effectively/efficiently
(meaning the need for so many cords and circuits , getting behind Mrs Phiff's drier or running a gas powdered gen)

When/if they can bridge that gap, i agree we'll all be running them .
Til that happens, the $4-to $5 dollar pr machine hour in gas will be worth the cost to most of us

You can call that "ridicule" if you like, I call it marketplace reality

..L.T.A.

Reactions: ruff and hogjowl

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Wonderful Art, now everybody will be able to afford a truckmount with their yearly tax return. :errf:

When that day comes I'll be doing something else.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I will be nothing but dust in the wind when that happens. :errf:

Of course by then there will be no carpet and no reason for an ETM either. But hey at least it will finally be viable! :winky:

Reactions: dgardner

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
We are in the dark ages as it pertains to Electric Truck Mounts

I must comment on that particular statement (and not as a sales message). We have been building electric TM's....ETM.......whatever they are labeled, since 1977. Of course, we can only clean off a truck (auto in/out) at 200 feet. In fact, if I remember correctly, Mikey posted an old picture of our Jaguar 4000 XPS from 1980 sitting next to a hose reel.

Art, respectfully, where have you been?

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-American corp.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
smiley-shocked002.gif

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
we've had this conversation before, Art
as of right now, the trouble is they can't compete in performance to a 45 and up positive displacement blower effectively/efficiently
(meaning the need for so many cords and circuits , getting behind Mrs Phiff's drier or running a gas powdered gen)

When/if they can bridge that gap, i agree we'll all be running them .
Til that happens, the $4-to $5 dollar pr machine hour in gas will be worth the cost to most of us

You can call that "ridicule" if you like, I call it marketplace reality

..L.T.A.

We're not there yet Larry but it's going to happen. Vac motors are getting more efficient. There will come a day when two standard 15 amp cords will power electric motors that will match the performance of a 45 blower with enough juice left over for a 1000 psi pump., And HXs from these motors that will give unlimited heat.
(And it's been 20 years since I only had to spend 4-5 dollars per hour to operate my direct drive TM. Up until these last few weeks it's been 8. But that's a whole nother topic.)

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have connected my ETM to numerous GFCI's over the years, and have NEVER tripped one - NEVER.

I don't know what the problem is with other machines tripping them other than there is an electrical malfunction in whatever is plugged into the outlet - period.

GFCI breakers are designed to cut the power in the blink of an eye if electrical fluctuations of as little as .005 amperes are detected.

As far as competing with a gas TM, an ETM should be a different animal, especially in the vacuum department. Does anyone know just exactly how much vacuum is required to properly extract carpet from a given distance? It seems we are all obsessed with the more vacuum we have the better job we can do.

I have been doing great jobs for my customers for years, with great dry times, with my ETM's, and with my slide-in with a #45 blower.

Our slide-in does not do any better job than the ETM when cleaning.

Last edited:
Reactions: grizzley

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We have been building electric TM's....ETM.

Of course, we can only clean off a truck (auto in/out) at 200 feet.

Ed, I've always liked you, still do..I consider you a good man
but I see your claims of 200ft hose runs on a porty the same as the TM manufactures that claim "dual wand" performance from a 45 or 47 blower.
....a weak suck

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bob;

The GFI thinks there is a problem . . .

because the current is not matched flowing back thru the neutral . . .

in a 220 VAC load.

A 220 VAC GFI would be fine, but most houses only have 115 VAC GFI's on specific circuits.

Reactions: Bob Savage

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom