Mytee Escape Truckmount

Name
Lee Stockwell
In the course of building ours we included gfi to each cord, although we never sold a 220 combination. I felt that was one deficiency in the Bane and other units that even occasionally used extension cords.

Everybody builds on those who came before.

Reactions: Bob Savage

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ed, I've always liked you, still do..I consider you a good man
but I see your claims of 200ft hose runs on a porty the same as the TM manufactures that claim "dual wand" performance from a 45 or 47 blower.
....a weak suck

..L.T.A.

Here you go Larry - You don't know WTF you're talking about. (Or Chavez but that's a given:biggrin:) The carpet was dry in 4 hours. I did use a booster 50 feet downline.

Start here:

bills014.jpg

bills017.jpg

bills018.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Geez, all you gotta do is run it from the basement. Catching on yet? However for the most part- I rarely use more than 35 feet because I'm an apartment ho. Sometimes 50 for townhouses.Dual 3 stage vacs and a good dry stroke technique and I don't get any complaints about dry times. I only use certain machines for certain jobs. My old Recoil is a 3 vac tank. 8 years old and still killin' it.
Yep- that's the Recoil doing a church. I was watching for lightening bolts.......:eekk:

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Larry (C);

"the trouble is they can't compete in performance to a 45 and up positive displacement blower"

I thank you sir, for your opinion, and one which you have the right to express. I also consider us friends and what you have put into print, IMHO, does not offer a proper over-view on comparison in regards to the end result: A clean and through job and not who or what has bigger balls than the other (for lack of a better way of expression!).

I agree with what Bob Savage stated and his comparison at the end of the day.

Of course, a 45, or 47 sutorbilt/roots blower IS more powerful. And, yes, $15,000 is MORE than $3,300, as well as a Vortex (perhaps priced at $80,000-??- is MORE powerful than a $15,000-25,000 TM.

The point is, in order to make a (perhaps considered by some gasoline TM operators--??-) lowly electric machine to achieve great results, it must be engineered (yes, this may be hard to believe-lol) very, very properly from wand -to- base machine in an effort to "compete" with the more powerful gasoline TM machines.

Look, I am sure that even Bob would agree with this statement; It seems common place that a few TM Operators always compare their "generic" mee-too machine and the problems they had experienced (tripping breakers; plugging into 240v dryer outlets, etc....) to every electric machine ever produced. I understand that reasoning.

I have been in this Industry for over 40 years now and personally, it isn't important or a priority to twist or alter any facts that I have stated in the performance of our equipment, or any other out there. I don't care about those things anymore; only the truth and facts based on proven and past experience & testimonials, period. Then, leave it up to those reading to drawn their own intelligent; or otherwise, conclusions.

Thanks again Larry , for your kind reply above.
Ed Valentine
cross-American corp.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
smiley-violent075.gif

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
With larry, not even close to the power of a 45 tm. We have a dual three stage vac unit and even at 35 ft it is not even close to being the same. So efficiency goes down, recovery is down , therefore your ability to flush knowing you can't recover that amount of water, goes down.

Use a portable for jobs that require them, slowing way down to compensate for the lack of "power" and use a truckmount for all regular jobs to ensure efficiency and overall profitability through growth of your business and satisfaction of your customers.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

rick imby

Name
Rick
We're not there yet Larry but it's going to happen. Vac motors are getting more efficient. There will come a day when two standard 15 amp cords will power electric motors that will match the performance of a 45 blower with enough juice left over for a 1000 psi pump., And HXs from these motors that will give unlimited heat.
(And it's been 20 years since I only had to spend 4-5 dollars per hour to operate my direct drive TM. Up until these last few weeks it's been 8. But that's a whole nother topic.)

Sorry Art,
Basic physics is against you.
The two 15 amp circuits you refer to have a maximum of about 4 horsepower.
You are trying to do three things that all take a lot of energy--pumping water, sucking air, creating heat.

Moving air/dirty water a long ways takes a lot of horsepower.
If the vacuum motors magically become super efficient they will not be creating as much heat (loss) as they do now (which is minimal).

There will be incremental increases but trying to suck air through a 150 foot straw, heat water to 200 degrees, and pump water at 500 psi with FOUR horsepower is going to take Magic.

I believe you have gotten nearly as efficient as possible with the Two or three circuits you are able to access with your portables with today's equipment. I do not believe there will be a quantum leap in power or efficiency in electric truckmounts.

Besides with the new technology in oil and gas $6 a gallon oil is a ways off. They can no longer even guestimate how much oil they will be able to get out of old wells with Fracking.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The two 15 amp circuits you refer to have a maximum of about 4 horsepower.
You are trying to do three things that all take a lot of energy--pumping water, sucking air, creating heat.

If the vacuum motors magically become super efficient they will not be creating as much heat (loss) as they do now (which is minimal).

There will be incremental increases but trying to suck air through a 150 foot straw, heat water to 200 degrees, and pump water at 500 psi with FOUR horsepower is going to take Magic.

I believe you have gotten nearly as efficient as possible with the Two or three circuits you are able to access with your portables with today's equipment. I do not believe there will be a quantum leap in power or efficiency in electric truckmounts.

Besides with the new technology in oil and gas $6 a gallon oil is a ways off. They can no longer even guestimate how much oil they will be able to get out of old wells with Fracking.

I must say the immediate future looks bright, Rick. I have, at best 19 more years I can do this and certainly gasoline will be, if not cheap, affordable for fuel powered TMs during that time. The onset of fracking has changed the energy landscape. With regards to ETMs, all we need is one more 3 stage motor and a 500 psi diaphragm pump that can run on that 4 HP (2 15 amp plugs) to duplicate an ordinary 45 blower fuel powered TM. That technological advance will surely happen in the next few decades. As for heated water, a normal house already has 140 degrees in a hot water tank which is more than enough for every residential cleaning need; to add 10-70 degrees is not asking a lot for an engineered system.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
After sucking all that juice from the homeowner for free, don't be surprised if they ask for compensation back for the usage.

We get it occasionally and we are restoring THEIR home. :dejection:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you would be totally amazed at what you can make electricity do...step it up..phase it out..step it down....there is a ton of potential out there...
Like I said....Brevik was on the right road...just a bit ahead of his time..but when the time comes................................

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry (C);

"the trouble is they can't compete in performance to a 45 and up positive displacement blower"

I thank you sir, for your opinion, and one which you have the right to express. I also consider us friends and what you have put into print, IMHO, does not offer a proper over-view on comparison in regards to the end result: A clean and through job and not who or what has bigger balls than the other (for lack of a better way of expression!).

I'm not suggesting a good job can't be done with a porty, Ed

Of course, a 45, or 47 sutorbilt/roots blower IS more powerful. .

exactly...which makes it much more efficient due to the ability to use higher flow and increased pressure.
Simply takes less time and effort.
Year in and year out, the increase in time/efficiency pays

Look, I am sure that even Bob would agree with this statement; It seems common place that a few TM Operators always compare their "generic" mee-too machine and the problems they had experienced (tripping breakers; plugging into 240v dryer outlets, etc....) to every electric machine ever produced. I understand that reasoning..

you're not suggesting your machine doesn't blow breakers, are you??
(do you, or have ever cleaned carpets in the field for a living?)
add the booster and heater ...now tell me you don't locate the breaker box before you start the job

as far as Bob, he keeps a 7ooo+ wt generator .
the few that have owned/run his units say a 5K gen won't get it.
If that's the case, I'm not sure how he "never" NEVER blows a breaker .
Maybe cause he runs off the gen 80+% of the time???

I don't have an ax to grind, and I'm NOT anti-porty, I promise
But to suggest running 200ft from a porty in the van as fine and dandy, is misleading to those that don't know better.
and just because some of your custys do it, doesn't make it less so

..L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
After sucking all that juice from the homeowner for free, don't be surprised if they ask for compensation back for the usage.

We get it occasionally and we are restoring THEIR home. :dejection:

If some smartass asks that, I'll reach under their
sofa cushions and hand them the 29 cents. It sure beats the $10-$20 used in an ordinary fuel powered job.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm telling you, we don't get it often but we get it.

I can see it if they perceive you drawing a lot of juice and it hitting them in their pocket book.

Bjorn

well shit there Lar

a 3 33 36 4 wont compare either

I have guys using my little truck mount penis extension with large blowers at lengths over 500 feet

There are some out there trying to make a electric tm some thing that it is not some trying to turn it into a swiss army knife while getting advice from idiots

some have opinions on things they have never seen or used

When it comes down to if you have to use a gen set to run your electric machine over 70% to 100% of the time what's the point?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I like portables.

I don't own one, but I can like them can't I?

But please don't be mad at me if I still don't call it a TM just because it's sitting in my van.

Should I ever buy one, I mean.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
When it comes down to if you have to use a gen set to run your electric machine over 70% to 100% of the time what's the point?

the point is, and always has been, if one uses a GAS gen to power electric vacs, they may as well not waste the van floor space .
and use that GAS engine to power the blower and pump

But what do eye no....

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom