New dodge vans...bad ass!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We love ours.....so far its been a great truck. Time to dump it?

Mebbe. According to a local dealer service writer the engines are known to fail as early as 50,000 miles. He said they decided to handle pollution control the way they did with gas engines in the mid-70's, by rerouting pollutants back through the engine for a second burn. This destroys the turbos, gunks up injectors and valves and eventually the carbon build-up scars the cylinders.

If you like the truck buy a couple of crate motors as spares (they might be cheap!) but avoid looking up LCF problems or joining in the class action lawsuit.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I went and looked at one. They are front wheel drive - no go for the pto guys.

I'm holding out for the Transits - supposedly this summer...... we shall see.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah an ecoboost transit will probably be my next rig for sure. Smart of them to keep.them.rwd

J

JS41035

In my defense it was mom who took the video. And as far as posting embarrassing videos I think they have a few more on me than I do on them. I'm 32 and I don't quite hop in and out like I used to.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It was my idea for her to take pictures, to put that van's size in perspective.

Then she started having fun...

On my current van I can use the hitch as a step, and have handles on the doors.

Thought I was still 36.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That was painful to watch, but I'm sure that day is not far away.

For now I still leap out of my pickup bed, faster and easier but yea can't be good on the knees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
No more cargo vans for me, to much wasted space and areas hard to get to. In 2015 or 16 I'll be transferring all my sh.. over to a customized box van (roll up doors on side, swing in back) that sits on a truck chassis. Haven't narrowed down which truck chassis but it won't be a van. There's two beverage delivery body companies I've contacted that can customize without paying through the nose. Digging through a cargo van to get to sh.. is productivity I'll never get back.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The Ram Promaster I was looking at above is available with sliding doors on both driver and passenger sides, and the widest opening back doors available. Most box trucks don't have that much easy access.

Becker

Name
Becker
Paced with one of the new dodge vans yesterday for about 100 miles on the freeway. Was nice looking. Looked like a high roof model, or maybe standard. I'd prefer one with a lower roof line than I saw.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I have the Dodge pentastar motor in mine. Lots of juice at 280 horse, no problems yet, but it's only got 10,000 miles on it.Highway mileage is excellent at 30 plus mpg, city, not so much.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Anything associated with the Fiat name I'd avoid......................my wife owns a Fiat.

And we know we'd never buy another one.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh my you are insulting!

You're just a Bruce Jenner wannabe in your own family................admit it!

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I just put a new tranny in my 97 dodge. The 5.9 is still going strong. These new vans scare me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom