New dodge vans...bad ass!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had the same concern but the height I saw for the standard roof Transit is 83 inches, so still good for a 7' standard garage door.
I don't know where you get that a "standard" garage door is 7 ft. Here, most are 6'8" The transit will not fit. Same for apartment buildings with underground parkades. Most are 6'6" to 6'8". I am currently using a Volkswagen transporter (t4) as it is a 1 ton, holds my tm with room for a portable and other accessories. I also have a chevy astro van as a back up. I don't want to go back to a full size van. Parking is harder and harder to find in downtown location where I do a lot of work. The only vehicle in North America that holds any promise is the Mercedes Metris. It is similar to the Volkswagen in size and capacity. It's time that we start letting in other van manufacturers in like Toyota, Mitsubishi and the like. In Europe they have many of these low roofed, 1 ton, long wheel base vans that are very capable of handling a reasonable sized tm. It's just politics that's keeping them out. In the UK, ford makes a Transit van that is 6'5". Why can't we have that here?

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Chris A

Name
Chris
I dunno, I guess everywhere I've ever lived has had a 7 foot door

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
sketch-1460346062998.png

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey I saw Darryl Stuckey yesterday at the Spring Football game. He was covered up with kids getting autographs. He, Aquib Talib and Chris Harris were busy signing and doing interviews during the game.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom