"...no candidate will fail" PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT

Name
Shawn Forsythe
What do guys think of ICRA's new Performance Assessment Certification?

If you haven't heard of it, its an alternative to IICRC certification, specially designed for those who either don't learn well in a lecture-type classroom environment, or for those who are poor written/bubble test takers.

Mind you, it is also being billed as a adjunct to traditional IICRC certification, for those that want themselves or employees evaluated and certified by physical performance and skills testing, rather than knowledge alone.

I'm a tad concerned by the statement in the official explanation that indicates; "With Performance Assessment no candidate will fail." It sounds a bit too much industry performance testing where your passage is more based on the performance of the candidate's credit card. Unless, I suppose that certification is graduated, rather than yes or no.

More info: http://icrassociation.org/certification/what-is-a-performance-assessment-certification

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Is this some kind of actual training or are people asked to pay $150 to have someone rate how much they already know?

Mikey P

Administrator
doesn't sound any more ridiculous than the 78 correct and your gold, multiple choice, "pay attention now everybody" wink wink nod nod tests that a 12 year old can pass IICRC tests.

Has that damn shipped turned a notch yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Does everyone get a participation trophy too? How about an award for the most improved team spirit? Sounds like the values we teach our kids in little league are spilling over into grown up life now.

Charlie Lyman

Name
George Valliant
they are pandering to the non-English speaking crowd.

Haven't you heard? Half of Latin America is moving to the US to fill jobs that Americans won't do.

Reactions: Zee and Mikey P

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
What do guys think of ICRA's new Performance Assessment Certification?

If you haven't heard of it, its an alternative to IICRC certification, specially designed for those who either don't learn well in a lecture-type classroom environment, or for those who are poor written/bubble test takers.

Mind you, it is also being billed as a adjunct to traditional IICRC certification, for those that want themselves or employees evaluated and certified by physical performance and skills testing, rather than knowledge alone.

I'm a tad concerned by the statement in the official explanation that indicates; "With Performance Assessment no candidate will fail." It sounds a bit too much industry performance testing where your passage is more based on the performance of the candidate's credit card. Unless, I suppose that certification is graduated, rather than yes or no.

More info: http://icrassociation.org/certification/what-is-a-performance-assessment-certification

Its a good concept, 1:10 people are dyslexic and most don't even know it.

NOT an intelligence issue, way their brains are hard wired.
Quite a few fortune 500 CEO's are dyslexic, weird i know...

Throw in the average cleaner probably hasn't been in a classroom setting for a decade or more and you can see the problem.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I understand there are 7 different testing areas. You get a measuring cup and a gallon of solution and figure out dilution or asked to show different wand strokes at another station, maybe demonstrate that you can run a rotary extractor, have carpet samples and identify which is what fiber and so forth. Non-written. Several performance levels from poor to great at each station.

Sounds like what many have been asking for. Show you can do the work not if you can read a test and choose the correct answer.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I understand there are 7 different testing areas. You get a measuring cup and a gallon of solution and figure out dilution or asked to show different wand strokes at another station, maybe demonstrate that you can run a rotary extractor, have carpet samples and identify which is what fiber and so forth...
Ouch. I'm not sure I could pass this!

Steve

PS Scott, if I can talk Jon-Don into meeting your ridiculous employment demands could you pose as me and take the test for me?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
they are pandering to the non-English speaking crowd.

Haven't you heard? Half of Latin America is moving to the US to fill jobs that Americans won't do.

YeEEAH!! Tell 'em braaah'....!!!

Foreigners....man....don ya gemme starte' on 'em..... US of whaaaaat? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Ouch. I'm not sure I could pass this!

Steve

PS Scott, if I can talk Jon-Don into meeting your ridiculous employment demands could you pose as me and take the test for me?

I could take the test for you but not sure how well I would fare as it has been over 9 years since I was cleaning carpets on a daily basis.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Without knowing more details, it sounds lame. I take that back, it sounds VERY lame. :errf:

If a technical can't pass a simple test following a class are they at their mental limit?

Are we raising or lowering the bar with this???

Should we really be that concerned about the bottom feeders? Wouldn't the industry be better served focusing their efforts on the top technicians. :icon_question:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well as Scott says many of you will bitch about anything. actually Scott didn't say that I just did. As an instructor you guys don't realize how many people have difficulty taking tests and I don't care how easy the test is. With average pass fail rate at 80% there is definitely a problem. It is amazing how many people have learning disabilities and many of them are attracted to our industry.This is designed for the tech who knows how to clean carpet but cannot not pass a written test for a variety of reasons.

Many of you have complained about the people who can pass an exam with a 97 but have never touched a wand. This will resolve that problem. You have 3 levels and the first level is just to show you where you need additional training whether it is from your boss, an IICRC class, a webinar or from Mikeys Board.

Why don't you give the program a chance before you all pile on. If you think you are that proficient go ahead and sign up as an assessor in Vegas.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd like to sign up but I'm still trying to figure out how to plug in the vacuum cleaner. I'm no fool ...... you plug the prongy thing in the wall right but which outlet? The top socket or the bottom one?
:oldrolleyes:

Where is the "Me no likey" button?
:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jeremy N

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
If some johnny whitebread can sell $3-400 jobs all day and people like him, me no care about no stinkin test.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know...I know what we can do. We can dummy down the tests so the simple minded are guaranteed to pass. Oh that was in no way a reference to Porkchop .......or me self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hogjowl and KevinL

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
So it is $150 just to take a very simple test.

Test administrator seems like a lucrative gig, but I'm having trouble with the application form. Can I get an alternative application assessment based on my proficiency with Jersey hand gestures?

Mikey P

Administrator
It sure doesn't look good for the IICRC to have two representatives poking fun at this when all they have managed to do in the last five years is chance beneficiaries of the Club Med perks of leadership and a new defunct logo..

Do they install carpet in glass houses?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Well as Scott says many of you will bitch about anything. actually Scott didn't say that I just did. As an instructor you guys don't realize how many people have difficulty taking tests and I don't care how easy the test is. With average pass fail rate at 80% there is definitely a problem. It is amazing how many people have learning disabilities and many of them are attracted to our industry.This is designed for the tech who knows how to clean carpet but cannot not pass a written test for a variety of reasons.

Many of you have complained about the people who can pass an exam with a 97 but have never touched a wand. This will resolve that problem. You have 3 levels and the first level is just to show you where you need additional training whether it is from your boss, an IICRC class, a webinar or from Mikeys Board.

Why don't you give the program a chance before you all pile on. If you think you are that proficient go ahead and sign up as an assessor in Vegas.

People are different......some learn better with hands on and some do better with a book.....

Look at all the carpet cleaning videos that are out there..........you got guys wearing shirts that have more badges then your local boy scouts but really have no clue about some of the things that they are doing...........

Put something in my hands...I can take it and manipulate it and learn from it much quicker then reading it from a book..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So it is $150 just to take a very simple test.

Test administrator seems like a lucrative gig, but I'm having trouble with the application form. Can I get an alternative application assessment based on my proficiency with Jersey hand gestures?
Well if you can't pass a test how are you expected to fill out a form?

Lets see I suck mop with trigger going back and forth then lets off the trigger and vacuum only. Damn this carpet cleaning is hard stuff! :winky:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I don't know ever watch some of these videos guys post (not here of course).

Apparently sweat pants are pretty comfortable to work in ... :errf:

Most of these guys move soooo fast its scientifically impossible to pick up any dirt.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't know ever watch some of these videos guys post (not here of course).

Apparently sweat pants are pretty comfortable to work in ... :errf:

Most of these guys move soooo fast its scientifically impossible to pick up any dirt.

But yet............they are certified to the top in everything out there.........?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom