"...no candidate will fail" PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OHH CRAP...you mean yor suppose to jump OVER the bar........
all this time i been trying to get UNDER it!

SOMEONE should write the rules a little clearer!

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You don't get a patch but you do get a neato wet & peel tattoo that says "Yes I do knows what I'm doin! I just can't pass a fookin test"

:p

Set your goals low so that everyone can achieve them. Sounds like a great plan to me. :eekk:

Lowerbar_zpsbbb803ff.jpg

Yes, because sitting in a classroom listening to a guy read from a manual is so much more effective....
Ohhhh and the "test" is open book .

and when you hand your "test" in the instructor gets an opportunity to sell you some bullcrap CD he is selling, yes cd.... :lol:

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic59494-rubbing-hands-smiley.gif

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
OK, you guys are getting mean enough that I'm starting to pity the no-fail testing guys.

If the testing turns out to be as easy as it appears at first glance, everyone in the industry will laugh at people dumb enough to drop $150 on it. If it turns out to be a true test of your cleaning savvy it will gain traction.

Either way I'd hate to be the guy that paid $150 to sport a Bronze level certification.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
OK, you guys are getting mean enough that I'm starting to pity the no-fail testing guys.

If the testing turns out to be as easy as it appears at first glance, everyone in the industry will laugh at people dumb enough to drop $150 on it. If it turns out to be a true test of your cleaning savvy it will gain traction.

Either way I'd hate to be the guy that paid $150 to sport a Bronze level certification.

The problem is not what WE think....but what our average customer thinks of, when she sees and hears the word "certified" technician. And she will have no idea what a difference could be between certified techs. And I'm not at all saying any of the existing industry certificates worth anything anyways...

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
and my wife accuses me of lacking
sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others...

so she pulls this up on google for me to read:
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Tactful

i prolly shoulda read it before telling her to f'k off......

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
and my wife accuses me of lacking
sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others...

so she pulls this up on google for me to read:
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Tactful

i prolly shoulda read it before telling her to f'k off......

we can do this in short segments......

Come on Bawb : )

How to Be Tactful

Isaac Newton once said, "Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy." Being tactful is just that — having the ability to clearly communicate your message while being sensitive to those around you and not unintentionally offending anyone. Being tactful does not mean hiding what you really feel; it just means presenting your ideas in a way that would make them the most appealing and inoffensive. If you want to know how to be tactful, then you should see Step 1 to get started.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
idn't he the one that got the concussion from the apple falling on his hED....?

There is a popular story that Newton was sitting under an apple tree, an apple fell on his head, and he suddenly thought of the Universal Law of Gravitation. As in all such legends, this is almost certainly not true in its details, but the story contains elements of what actually happened.

What Really Happened with the Apple?
Probably the more correct version of the story is that Newton, upon observing an apple fall from a tree, began to think along the following lines: The apple is accelerated, since its velocity changes from zero as it is hanging on the tree and moves toward the ground. Thus, by Newton's 2nd Law there must be a force that acts on the apple to cause this acceleration. Let's call this force "gravity", and the associated acceleration the "accleration due to gravity". Then imagine the apple tree is twice as high. Again, we expect the apple to be accelerated toward the ground, so this suggests that this force that we call gravity reaches to the top of the tallest apple tree.

My Google Foo Exceeds Freds this morning : )

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ok I did learn a lot in the classes, fiber type, carpet construction, do's and don'ts in the classes and taking a test to prove I learned was cool, taking to customers about filaments and light refraction is awesome. cationic ,anionic, blah blah blah.

Seriously though I think the game has changed and having a head knowledge is great but actually being able to clean with a proper wand stroke is important to.

Our equipment covers a multitude of sins the better you have the less problems a larger blower helps.

Bad technique on a porty or small blower and your really in trouble.

Higher flow wands in the hands of a hack could lead to serious problems too.

I'm all over my Son to go straight forward straight back, every now and then he cleans like he dry strokes in a Z pattern full wand keyed then dry stokes back over it.

It drives me nuts, I say what are you doing? He says "I wasn't doing that". I say look here at my video in my phone you surely were.

He says' " Ok I was, but don't call me Shirley!

Some times video can be the best teacher like in golf people can see their mistakes

So when You guys do the testing, video the person then show them where they need improvement. Just a thought!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
any improvement over the crcii certification would be an great step forward. i hate and won't pay anymore to have my guys pay to have them taught on how to pass a test.

i wouldn't support any dumbed down show me how to make triangles in the carpet test either, as it needs to be as real world as possible.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Have to remember classes are designed for rookies/techs and not 20 year veterans.

In a perfect world they would send me the manual first so we could read the technical stuff here.
THEN attend a class where an instructor takes that information and puts into practical real life context.

This polyester, this is what it looks like, these are type of situations you find it most.
This is the common problems you run into, these are the family of products and tools to fix these problems.

Once i have read the manual an instructor can focus on bullet points and what it means in real life.

Does anyone really know WTH amorphous and crystalline means in their own words?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Does anyone really know WTH amorphous and crystalline means in their own words?

Amorphous - shapeless, no defined or regular shape. polymers go any which way. Think of a pile of pick-up sticks (if they still have that game).

Crystalline - organized patterns. The ends of polymers connect to each other.

What does it matter? - In nylon and some other synthetics, dyes connect at the ends of polymers. These locations are called dye sites. An amorphous area has many dye sites. A crystalline are has few or no dye sites.

Drawing the fiber while it is still molten results in more crystalline areas and fewer amorphous areas. With the same dyes, the fiber will dye to a lesser color.

How do you get someone to demonstrate that in a non-written test?

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I think this is a move in the right direction. I remember sitting in Reno talking to some IICRC board member telling him how unimpressed I was with my Carpet Tech class. He said it was the instructor and I should take it again. Excuse me - why do you let him continue teaching? Doesn’t speak well for the IICRC. I bought my business because it was a good business opportunity, not because I grew up in the biz or my daddy passed it on to me, etc. I go to the class thinking I’m going to learn something - well, I didn’t learn much, but that didn’t matter - the test was easy and I’m certified now! I”m a little biased because I have a masters degree in vocation and technical education and truly believe hands on learning is very effective and the student is able to retain the information longer. Any monkey can pass a test, but that doesn’t mean he can do the work. I had a good teacher for my WDR\ASD course, but the test just made me mad.
Basically, I’m under impressed with the IICRC certification which makes me sad because it’s the industry gold standard and it ain’t worth much. I would like to be proud of my patches…

amygeorge

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Amen Sista!

There we have some Reality Bring it on........

What is the IICRC failure rate vs passing scores?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Yes the outfit is supposed to be a joke, that is one of the points of the video. He lives in Indy and is running a very successful business. But the business did not take off until he stopped spending all his time on boards and started focusing on his business.

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
isn't Eyeball the guy who parks his van in Torrey's Dad's shop? ('?)

Part owner of a forum himself, correct?

So is he living the two or three truck dream now that Fat Cat is down to five posts a week?

maybe if I banned Marty I could get a third truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom