Picture this..

Mikey P

Administrator
Im in a airport hangar with an estate manager, the pilot, maintenance manager, two guys from an sircraft only cleaning company,two designers and three other dudes who are wearing shoes that cost more than Jimmy's house, all stairing at 300 sf and $200,00 worth of this silk crap.. 20181024_141409.jpg

The designers are insisting that no water, no protector, no beater bar vacuums and no runners be used due to the manufacturers instructions...

The house manager quickly puts me on the spot and asks how I would I clean it..

Giggle...

Designer dude didn't like my answer but everyone else was shaking their heads in agreement, including the other cleaners.

We both took back some small peices to play with.
They have the insurance to clean the carpet when its in the plane, I do not (30k a year)..

Im going to film the whole cleaning process, Badger, Oreck, EDIC and show them what I git out but the wear on the silk is not fixable..

9 months....200k down the drain..

20181024_150218.jpg20181024_150209.jpg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
After 9 months and the carpet is wearing out, why aren't they contacting V'socke for replacement? If they followed all the guidelines V'socke puts out and these are the results, is V'socke then saying $200,000 every 9 months is par for the course? Besides, that's one of the ugliest carpets I've seen. Maybe the designers need to be less creative and more practical.

Mikey P

Administrator
Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
After 9 months and the carpet is wearing out, why aren't they contacting V'socke for replacement? If they followed all the guidelines V'socke puts out and these are the results, is V'socke then saying $200,000 every 9 months is par for the course? Besides, that's one of the ugliest carpets I've seen. Maybe the designers need to be less creative and more practical.

Its the designer's fault for picking essentially a tapestry, to put on the floor.

A wool velvet weave is what I recommended

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Its the designer's fault for picking essentially a tapestry, to put on the floor.

A wool velvet weave is what I recommended
We seem to have a lot of designers who couldn't care less if their products can be cleaned or not. Like my customer with her 2 $79,000 Paul Smith designed viscose rugs. You just need to look them in the eye and say, "it's dirty, time to replace it, it's only $200,000, what's the problem?

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Jeff T
Jeff, When do we get to see pics of your new place?
I’m off this weekend... well, sort of. I’m off all day Saturday anyway. Got a butt load of yard work to do before winter. I’ll snap some pics of the new(to me) farm truck, acreage, and house. Been busier than a cat on a hot tin roof the last 4-5 weeks.... first Saturday off in the last 5 months.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom