DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
A truckmount
Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-Laughing-to-Serious.gif

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Chems, procedure etc.. the process of cleaning a vsoke...

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
That protector company Micro Seal has the boeing contract for protecting all the fabrics in airplanes here at the production plants in Seattle. fwiw maybe there is something TSA or whoever overseas maintenance on jets likes about Micro Seal. "liquid glass"

but those arent 200k silk rugs lol

Mikey P

Administrator
That protector company Micro Seal has the boeing contract for protecting all the fabrics in airplanes here at the production plants in Seattle. fwiw maybe there is something TSA or whoever overseas maintenance on jets likes about Micro Seal. "liquid glass"

but those arent 200k silk rugs lol
MicroGlue.

Mikey P

Administrator
Theres a dude who shows up once a week to buff it, he told my guys Porcelain but regardless...

The the twin turbo helicopter that cost about half puts it into perspective.

Probably take me 3 days to hand clean each set of jet carpet..

"A handsome return".....

Reactions: DAT and FredC
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
You're not working on an Airplane. I'm assuming you're not stepping on or into the the aircraft itself. In fact your general liability policy excludes that kind of coverage; no news there. The "other" cleaners with the huge liability premium are probably aircraft detailers for the most part and dabble in cleaning exteriors and interiors. They don't know shit about aircraft maintenance or how to properly clean textiles, generally. They are always required by the aircraft repair facility and/or owner to have that coverage. They are physically working on and in the aircraft.

You can work in the aircraft hanger on "carpet" that they provide you in a space that they allow you to work in and not touch the aircraft. Hell, you could clean it in the parking lot or take it to a shop and avoid the liability of touching the airplane. If you damage or destroy the carpet you could be held liable but unfortunately you're insurance provider would deny any claim once they determined it was carpet from an aircraft.

In a previous life when I cleaned aircraft carpet I cleaned it in an area away from the plane, and the shop (repair station authorization) indemified me from any damage to the carpet because I was in fact not cleaning it in accordance with the approved repair manual proceedures (Host Sponges). My invoice said "Carpet Cleaning Service" and bam I got paid.

Personally I think you have (or maybe the opportunity is gone) an excellent chance at restoring the carpet with KleetRite All Dry Solution, RTU at $33/gal. If the aircrafts maintenance manual is deferring to the carpet manufacturers cleaning instructions then you're halfway there. Clean a small area, present results to the owner or maintenance manager and tell them you'll clean "carpet" as provided with an invoice with minimal information and the owner or shop assumes all liability to the end of time for any damage from the cleaning process. You're not going to damage the carpet and if there is a fire retard treatment on the carpet backing you're not going to effect that either. They get clean carpet without replacing it and you get paid a pile of money. If they won't indemnify you then they can go f... themselves and replace the carpet.

Reactions: jcooper and Mikey P

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Releasit DS2
Chemspec Optimum Rinse..

Thats a virgin peice underneath View attachment 85962

Wow - looks excellent! The piece you cleaned, and the fresh piece beneath it look identical. It’s fun to think outside the box and produce inexplicable results. And they said you had to clean it dry. :icon_rolleyes: Way to go Mike. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Mikey P

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Air Wolf, Knight Rider, Magnum PI, etc..... at least they seemed cool when I was a kid.....
Don't forget about the A-Team, Fall-guy, Simon and Simon, and Riptide.

All those shows kick arse!

Rockford files.

I tried watching Smokey and the Bandit (after Burt died) a few weeks ago with my 5 & 7 yr old boys... That Jackie Gleason has quite the poddy mouth! Finally had to shut it off.

Going to try Cannonball Run this weekend... If they don't f-ck it up!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom