Predict the Zipper Phenomenon..

Mikey P

Administrator
  1. How long until Coit and Stanley are Zipped up?
  2. How long until Larry Capitoni finally admits the 802 wand is not the pinnacle of cleaning wands?
  3. Will Zippering be written in to the S100 someday?
  4. Want to bet that the Prochem guy with the white shirt and tie be holding a Zipper soon?
  5. Will Mytee offer a $1500 version?
  6. Will Tony Dang have a $400 option?
  7. Are either Aramsco, Legends or Jon Don going to be buying Eric his own Hawaiian island?
  8. How are the 95 percenters that never go online, going to find out about the 8th world wonder?

...Or will we find out that we've all been violating Chem Dry's patent on quick dry times and have to turn in our Zippers...

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
1) Years

2) Never that dude is stubborn. You quit smoking yet Larry?

3) Yes he will. Why use a wand and sweat when a Zipper does a better job with less effort

4) Of course, knock off kings

5) Yes an folded metal special

6) They should but I think he needs to find his own investor

7) Nope, they are already cave dwellers, why not continue with Caveman tools

Reactions: Russ T.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
  2. How long until Larry Capitoni finally admits the 802 wand is not the pinnacle of cleaning wands?
  4. Want to bet that the Prochem guy with the white shirt and tie be holding a Zipper soon?
  7. Are either Aramsco, Legends or Jon Don going to be buying Eric his own Hawaiian island?
  8. How are the 95 percenters that never go online, going to find out about the 8th world wonder?

...Or will we find out that we've all been violating Chem Dry's patent on quick dry times and have to turn in our Zippers...

Answer to last comment....NOT A CHANCE IN ALL HECK WILL SOMEONE EVER TAKE AWAY MY ZIPPER FROM ME SUCCESSFULLY!!! :madder: :icon_twisted: :evil: :arrrr:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've spent a mere 20 minutes with the thing in Clearwater but it was enough time to believe it's just a matter of time before it's the most widely used tool in our industry.

I just hope we continue to support Eric and resist the cheap copycats.

Eric's challenge will be how to mass produce this awesome tool without compromising quality.

kinda like the awesome o/o's challenge. Yes Tom king, it can be done but it ain't easy!

Sorry, had to kick the bear.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Put the current version in the hands of the standard hack and he'll put it in the corner and take out his wand within minutes. The hack is not going to take the time to learn to love it. Apartment cleaning and occupied residential is not the market to showcase the Zipper and that is the main focus of most cleaners I meet.

You have to keep in mind that we (MB cleaners) are not typical, and using us to predict any industry trend is risky.

Having said that, I do think the Zipper will become a major player for tool of the decade in our industry. There will come a day when I will not be the only cleaner in Alabama with one on the van.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Yeah.....I got one of those "Cease and Desist" letters from Chemdry about glides....wanted me to turn any in I had. They'll have to pry the old/new Zipper from me hands. I better get the latest version to keep in storage.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Definitely on the list but not until we sell the last best thing...

At least 2 RX20's have to go first.
I'm disciplined when it comes to this stuff ...

If the shills are even half right I would say it becomes a staple for commercial work.
Look forward to buying one shortly.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The zipper is going to be around for a very long time...and I would doubt that any company would be stupid enough to try and copy it because there is nothing that anyone can do to improve the quality and the performance...it is hands down one of the best built hand tools I have ever seen come out of this industry....it does everything they say it can and then some...

It not everyday that you actually see something that comes along in this industry that is a complete game changer...but Erik nailed this one....

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I just kept wondering how you came up with the idea of the Zipper.

It's a very long story, but it was basically out of pure necessity for my business. I had a pinched nerve in my shoulder caused by an accident. I literally could not reach over and pickup a pizza box from the passenger seat. The pinched nerve was in my right shoulder and I've always wanded left handed. I could not pick up the wand with my right hand and was in a lot of pain trying to use the assist handle.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's a very long story, but it was basically out of pure necessity for my business. I had a pinched nerve in my shoulder caused by an accident. I literally could not reach over and pickup a pizza box from the passenger seat. The pinched nerve was in my right shoulder and I've always wanded left handed. I could not pick up the wand with my right hand and was in a lot of pain trying to use the assist handle.

Hey!!!

Save it for our Webinar damnit!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For decades I'd look at what we had ahead of us. 5k, 10K, 20K and look at the scrub wand and think there had to be a better way than to push that foolish 12inch wand across all of that expanse.

I wish we would have had a Zipper decades ago! :errf:

Thanks for inventing it! :rockon:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why not residential?
I think it does fine on residential. I think if the carpet is impacted and matted, an RE will lift up the fibers better.

The negative to the RE is you have to know how to run it, it has side to side torque. You also have to deal with a power cord. The Zipper has neither.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Let someone who cleans answer the mans question, Taco.

The Zipper is huge, heavy and the handle is long. Trying to use it in occupied residential is like what I imagine walking in a china shop must be like for Mikey with a head the size of his.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Zipper is huge, heavy and the handle is long. Trying to use it in occupied residential is like what I imagine walking in a china shop must be like for Mikey with a head the size of his.
I cleaned with it in a residential this AM. Cussing you the whole time.
Its easier to use than a wand, even in residential. I have no clue how you clean because I just can't see the problem.

We vacuum, move the contents to the center, clean behind the contents then clean the center. The handle is as long as a wand. Heavy? Do you really own one? Gezzz that dude is light.

Come visit me and I'll show you how its done. you can even use and RE and play with Butlers. Leave the knives, guns & grenades at home please! :winky:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
We have a mega church that we clean every Halloween (14,000 Sq. feet in the sanctuary alone - it will be empty of all 1400 chairs). Would the Z make it better? It has to be done after 10:00 PM, and we run 3 wands. What is the flow and number of jets and jet sizes? We currently run one wand a #6 flow, second wand at #6 flow, and third wand at #8 flow.

Can you rent one somewhere?

I know what you're going to say.

So, how about residential?

What models does it come in?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I cleaned with it in a residential this AM. Cussing you the whole time.
Its easier to use than a wand, even in residential. I have no clue how you clean because I just can't see the problem.

We vacuum, move the contents to the center, clean behind the contents then clean the center. The handle is as long as a wand. Heavy? Do you really own one? Gezzz that dude is light.

Come visit me and I'll show you how its done. you can even use and RE and play with Butlers. Leave the knives, guns & grenades at home please! :winky:
Will you be introducing him to some "professional equipment?"

HAHAHAHAAHHA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom