Predict the Zipper Phenomenon..

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
Let someone who cleans answer the mans question, Taco.

The Zipper is huge, heavy and the handle is long. Trying to use it in occupied residential is like what I imagine walking in a china shop must be like for Mikey with a head the size of his.
Now that's just funny.....Sorry Mikey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Could the handle be made to be telescopic a little? It might make tight spaces easy to reach if it was a quick adjustment. Also storage on the van...

I LOVE how small I can make my 360i when I need to.

I cleaned 2100 ft.² + of empty residential in a 6 bedroom home this week with my wand and Grandi Groomer. I do a fair amount of this kind of thing and the Zipper seems unmatched in these situations. It took me @ 4.5 hours with my 14" Westpac (I am basically a stud with that wand). I bet I'd have shaved at least an hour out of the job.

If I get the Zipper, I'll probably get the pad driver for my RotoVac for agitation to save space.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
Can you rent one somewhere?- NO.
I know what you're going to say. Supercallafrajalistic Expialadociuos?
So, how about residential? OPEN AREAS, THOSE NEEDING QUICK DRY TIMES AND LOWER PILES...KICKS ARSE
What models does it come in? 13", 15" & 17" HEAD WIDTHS, AND MAYBE A 4 JET SPINNER MODEL, ERGO AND WAND STYLE OPTIONS FOR THE ANALLY OBSESSED.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
On occupied residential, it took some practice to get proficient and quicker and better using it...

and I had to quit being stubborn and not adjust the height on a padded carpet, or removing the weight....sometimes I'm still stubborn though an run it in the commercial height setting....

But, I use the Zipper in homes a lot because people are always asking "how soon before it will be dry?"

and the Zipper not only cleans well in so many situations.....

It out dries anything I have used!

So, for some, using in on occupied residential can be a challenge....for me....I just am stubborn enough to want to use it everywhere I can :)

And just find it works great for me and my son in law :)

But Marty has some legitimate points as well....

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I've been singing the praises of the Zipper for years. I think it is to commercial carpet cleaning what the spinner is to tile cleaning. Some people like the old fashion wand and some like the old tile wand still. Like I've said many many times before it's my favorite tool on my truck. Thanks Erik!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am in agreement with Marty about residential. Particularly with average size rooms with furniture.
Move all the furniture to the center and then move them back? Most of us don't use slave labor like the Chavzes, or the other guy by marriage :winky:.

Anyhow.
Great tool for open spaces and commercial. Saves lots of time. Cleans great. Dries fast. Built beautifully. Worth every penny.

Cleaning small spaces with it is the same as using the regular wand to clean stairs. A Chavezian task of sorts. Meaning, beside the stubborn guy leisurely pushing it (R.C. the check writing desk jockey) it is hard work and lots of extra toil for everybody else involved.

Hey! Don't just stand there, move back that huge cabinet, Mike!

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
I wish we would have had a Zipper decades ago! :errf:

Thanks for inventing it! :rockon:

Same thing my non cleaning pops told me... He hasn't really cleaned since the late 90's...

Cheap ass said he could have bought a Cimex from Ed York back in the day, but he's very fundamentally correct on the 175.. He would dye carpet with the 175 scrubber...

I'm the one who makes it easier for the dumb SOB (which is me) actually doing the work...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He's right Nate the first Cimex's I ever saw were being sold through Ed York. Not as friendly looking but I sure just as effective. He push it and LST as the cleaning solution. I'd like meet your dad some day. He sounds like a very smart guy. He's fortunate to have some of that carried on to you.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
how many guns do you own?

depends who's asking.
You or Joni......

I was using a 50 pound 16" 12 flow drag wand when you were still in the mosh pit bumping around to that dreadful musick .

I have no doubt the Zip's a great drag wand .
i saw if before 99% of you jamokes did .
I'm the first "credible" guy on the boards that told you knuckleheads what and extraordinary well built tool it was

we don't do much commercial .
don't like working evenings and most won't pay our prices

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think I might get one for commercial all open areas.. Is there going to be a telescoping handle option for taller folks?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark, could you do a video on a furnished residential using a zipper?

Here is one I did while doing a hotel room....

There was a lot of chatter from a certain guru that it couldn't be done at all...so I did it!

And this is how we do it in most residential situations too....

I could have done this room probably twice as fast as what was in the video, but one handed, and doing my thing alone....I got it done :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I cleaned a couple of rooms with the Zipper at a bank this AM. It did a great job and left it very dry, I still left an airmover to insure it dries rapidly just because it was a bank.

I took it to a water damage loss and it did great on the glue down but didn't do as well as the Rover on the carpet & pad.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
  1. How long until Coit and Stanley are Zipped up?
  2. How long until Larry Capitoni finally admits the 802 wand is not the pinnacle of cleaning wands?
  3. Will Zippering be written in to the S100 someday?
  4. Want to bet that the Prochem guy with the white shirt and tie be holding a Zipper soon?
  5. Will Mytee offer a $1500 version?
  6. Will Tony Dang have a $400 option?
  7. Are either Aramsco, Legends or Jon Don going to be buying Eric his own Hawaiian island?
  8. How are the 95 percenters that never go online, going to find out about the 8th world wonder?

...Or will we find out that we've all been violating Chem Dry's patent on quick dry times and have to turn in our Zippers...
I've heard rumor Joe's and Tony's knock off will debut Mytee's show. Half the weight and 75% the cost but all the cleaning power..

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom