Predict the Zipper Phenomenon..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
After reading the paten I can "see" where Tony and Joe are going to be able to knock it off and actually not have to try real hard. What is going to suck is how much Erik is going to have to spend to defend his patent that's the sucky part of patents the 100's of thousands spent on lawyers trying to defend it. Besides you only have to wait another 7 years and the patent expires anyway... Will be interesting for sure...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So who besides Tom is going to buy one? Mikey do you think he will send you one to test?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

And that's how sometimes that works: future legal issues calculated in the product development cost...Sell 1000 of them at $500 each. Make the 1000 units cheap enough where your cost is maybe $100grand. Spend $100grand on the legal case and still have $300grand left over for a nice profit... And when it is going to be against a small "mom and pop" type company: they might not even be willing to go to court because they can't afford $100grand in legal expenses whether win or lose.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Anybody that appreciates a quality built machine, will not substitute it with a cheap imitation.

But then again, you never know. Besides what do I know about dealing with carpet cleaners.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Well finally, UPS found my Zipper, I set up the sports bar for next weekend after it didn't show up. I picked it up this afternoon and did my last job with it just to try it.
Wow is all I can say. Am I going to use it in a furnished house....NO, but that is what my DevPro is for, and with out a doubt, I would make better time with my DP than the Zipper. You are taking it out of its element, it was never really made to use it in that situation...so its not the tools fault.
Today I used it on a empty with polycrap carpet and I have to say it was as easy or easier than my RV DHX, and faster TOO. The carpet was drier also,WAY DRIER.
I am not a Zipper pro, and this was only ONE use, so please understand I am only giving my first impression of it.....I thought it was going to be WAY MORE awkward, it was awesome better than I had expected. I can't wait to use it tomorrow on my empties and get some more time with it.
I used it right out of the box, weights and all. Can't wait to try it on what it was really designed for, as I know with out a doubt it will save time, and Missy if she comes will easily be able to use it.
ERIK it is BAD AZZ THANK YOU FOR A AWESOME TOOL.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well finally, UPS found my Zipper, I set up the sports bar for next weekend after it didn't show up. I picked it up this afternoon and did my last job with it just to try it.
Wow is all I can say. Am I going to use it in a furnished house....NO, but that is what my DevPro is for, and with out a doubt, I would make better time with my DP than the Zipper. You are taking it out of its element, it was never really made to use it in that situation...so its not the tools fault.
Today I used it on a empty with polycrap carpet and I have to say it was as easy or easier than my RV DHX, and faster TOO. The carpet was drier also,WAY DRIER.
I am not a Zipper pro, and this was only ONE use, so please understand I am only giving my first impression of it.....I thought it was going to be WAY MORE awkward, it was awesome better than I had expected. I can't wait to use it tomorrow on my empties and get some more time with it.
I used it right out of the box, weights and all. Can't wait to try it on what it was really designed for, as I know with out a doubt it will save time, and Missy if she comes will easily be able to use it.

Awesome video Tom!

Glad you like it too...

On that padded residential carpet, when you push forward you will notice the front of the Zipper will do a little wheelie because the forward stroke, the wheels push into the pad slightly, you can adjust the dial clockwise just couple twists and it will raise the back glide slightly and help so it won't wheelie and even helps push better sometimes.

For most carpets, we just listen for the glides to have less suction sound as we lower the back again for commercial.

Nice job though for the first run!

Also, there are sometimes we just leave it in its original commercial setting and are just aware of the front wanting to wheelie up, then it sits again as you are pushing.

Glad you like it too :)

Reactions: Erik and TConway

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hey I'm on Erik's side anyone that does business with Tony and Joe should really consider the source and who your supporting. But hey rumors are rumors right? Tom will know more about it then me.

Reactions: Erik

Able 1

Name
Keith

How tall are you?

It's not that I'm not going to buy one for my employee,but I want to use it also.. My main focus is using it for halls in big ass apartment complexes,so I might not have any problem pushing it on cgd? It IS a bad ass tool I have used it, I'm not hating on it what so ever.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
You couldn't have read it to well John. I have 12 years left on my patent. You should never under estimate my attorneys.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
How tall are you?

It's not that I'm not going to buy one for my employee,but I want to use it also.. My main focus is using it for halls in big ass apartment complexes,so I might not have any problem pushing it on cgd? It IS a bad ass tool I have used it, I'm not hating on it what so ever.
I am 5' 11"
The handle will work for both of you

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I don't know anything about any of this, I did see a video a long time ago with a few guys and a crude looking head and Zipper was brought up in that video, I think that was around the time when Erik was having a run in with Joe.
I read your post John so I asked, and Tony said no, as far as what Joe B is doing I have no idea.
Erik has built a awesome tool, and I know it is costing him a ton of money to make, there is no doubt in my mind about that. It is the same for us and the Dev it is costing us a lot of money to make it to the quality level it is.....I would love to put them in all the stores.....Erik might feel the same way IDK can't speak for him, the problem is the stores want to make " X " amount of money off of them.....there is NO WAY to do it, and keep them affordable for the average guy, I would think this to be the same for the Zipper also.
So when distributors are not happy with there cut what is left to do??? The manufacturers go to other countries to get them done to try and meet the price for the local distributors so they can make there cut.
So for us we just have no choice but to try and market the filter in house...Erik may have to do the same.
You can only cut cost so much to make a quality tool, and the sad thing is there is not a huge market of guys that are willing to pay the price for quality tools.
So as for my first impression of the Zipper it is without a doubt a hell of a product, top notch Quality, and the price reflects that.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hey Mikey started it so I ran with it :) I couldn't hold it in any longer once Erik thought it was real I knew I had to stop it this morning..

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom